How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2005
trendsetter

^ I think so too.

I was in Hermes 2 days ago in Vancouver because my boyfriend wanted to go in. I felt intimidated at first because Hermes is definitely not in my price range! But the SAs were so helpful and nice even though we didn't end up buying anything.

28-12-2005
trendsetter

holt renfrew has nice SAs, the browns's show assistants are really nice im really close to liz godin cause i always buy shoes from her, dior counter ladies are really helpful too and chatty. Gucci , there sonly this one asian girl thats helpful the others are so snobby looking. the makeup counters SAs are really helpful too lols my mom and I use only la mer and sisley products and its always my mom who buys teh skin care products for me, i dont go with her so i was at sisley's counter with my freinds and the lady was acting all snobby and mean, the nexgt time i went with my mom she was SO nice and from that time on, whenever she sees my frenids and I she always says HI to me

since in like 14 years old i was at the gucci section where they sell clothes like on the 3rd floor and gosh the guy was so snobby he didnt even say anwything to me --i was wearing juicy sweats, the next time i went i was weawring this gucci top and he like totally was all over me whihc pissed me off so badly! oh yes and funny thing i was at the gown section and i saw this REALLY REALLY nice dress on a mannequin and the guy was like its lovely and im like it sure is and hes like, but its only for really tall ladies--models. and i look at him and im like the same height as him ! hes really short! like 5'7 that idiot

29-12-2005
V.I.P.

when i went to Louis Vuitton in Sydney the girls in there were soooo bitchy. I could not belive it. I was just dressed normally (i didn't look like a bum or anything) cause i thought why should i dress up just to go to a shop lol, and when i walked in they stopped their talking and stared at me. It was like walking into a freezer they were so cold towards me.
What the hell makes them better than me?? So they work at Louis Vuitton, i don't give a crap, they are there to serve customers!!
I had saved up my money for a while to get a bag (when i was only working weekends - so it took me a while) and i did end up getting it, but even when they were ringing the sale through i still didn't get any chit chat or nothing!

I don't understand what goes through their minds, and why i wasn't good enough for them to talk to!

29-12-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking

walked into Burberry and the SA came up to me before i even started to look around and she said "don't touch anything." i swear, sometimes i'm glad i don't carry around dangerous weapons...
Wow some of the service you guys have been receiving is pretty shocking...i've never encountered anything like these stories. Service in Hong Kong luxury boutiques has gotten a lot more friendly and courteous in the past year. I've been in the same stores trying on clothes (within consecutive days) and never bought anything and still received the same pleasant service as the first time i walked in the store.

29-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Service in Hong Kong luxury boutiques has gotten a lot more friendly and courteous in the past year.
andy lau finally prevails...

29-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_X
As far as I'm concerned, I will have your balls if you give me attitude in any store. I've made salesgirls who at once were frosty bitches break down and cry after I spoke to their managers.
you are proud of this?

there is no doubt that some SA's are rude, but being a self-important, arrogant customer is hardly attractive either.

it is absolutely hideous to witness a customer acting as though they are queen bee, and treating the SA's as their lowly slaves.

what have you done today to make you feel proud?
29-12-2005
V.I.P.

yes i agree with you copper.

As bad as it is to have a SA be rude to you, in my opinion it is worse to see a rude and arrogant customer acting as though they own the store

29-12-2005
scenester

Hi there! i have been a guest on here for a while now, and i finally decided to join. Anyway my question is:

What do you do when you shop in these luxury stores? Do you just go up and try on clothes and touch the handbags etc?
I have only just gotten into the whole designer thing and have decided to buy either a Louis Vuitton clutch or a Dior clutch, but (this is a bit embarrasing) i am so intimidated to go into a store! (i live in australia so can't shop online) I don't know what to do and what is and isn't accepted when shopping there.
Does anyone have any advice for me? Thankyou!

30-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
you are proud of this?

there is no doubt that some SA's are rude, but being a self-important, arrogant customer is hardly attractive either.

it is absolutely hideous to witness a customer acting as though they are queen bee, and treating the SA's as their lowly slaves.
While I am a customer, I am important and expect to be treated as such.

I'm not ashamed to say that if you're a bitch to me -- I will be a bitch back.

What can I say -- call me karma coming to bite a hoity-toity SA back in the ***.

Cheers!

30-12-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_love
Hi there! i have been a guest on here for a while now, and i finally decided to join. Anyway my question is:

What do you do when you shop in these luxury stores? Do you just go up and try on clothes and touch the handbags etc?
I have only just gotten into the whole designer thing and have decided to buy either a Louis Vuitton clutch or a Dior clutch, but (this is a bit embarrasing) i am so intimidated to go into a store! (i live in australia so can't shop online) I don't know what to do and what is and isn't accepted when shopping there.
Don't ever be intimidated! Touch whatever you want -- that's why merchandise is set out in a store.

Remember -- YOU have the customer. It does not matter what store you are in, whether its the supermarket or Dior.

Don't even ever WORRY about what "is and isn't accepted." You take your time, look, touch.

If the salesgirls give you attitude, take it up with the manager. If the manager gives you attitude, take it up with corporate.

30-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
you are proud of this?

I agree. While I give ALL customers my best, the arrogant customers are the ones who end up with no discount at the end It may be just 10% but that 10% adds up for some people.

And yes, I know that customers can take it up with the manager and complain about how they didn't receive the coupon but the customer is the one losing out because 1>the worse thing that can happen to the SA in this situation is to get written up 2>the customer is wasting their "precious time" waiting for a manager and 3>the customer will be the laughing stock for the night.

30-12-2005
front row

orlando love- honestly, there's nothing intimidating or all that different from shopping at a luxury store or a regular store. from my experiences, the sales people want you to buy things, so they will be nice to you. and it's also fun to kind of talk to the sa's and build a relationship with a few of them, just so you can always come back and are guarenteed to be dealing with a person you arleady know and like.

04-01-2006
front row

i would have to say i love doing my shopping in hong kong because all the salespeople are friendly and helpful. i never really shop on the streets though, where all the bargain stuff are. first because i hear they tend to be more stand-offish and rude. i think it's cause they're tired of people coming in and out comparing their price to other stores and also trying to get a good deal. :p second, i really prefer to shop in the malls or in boutiques cause i know i'm getting great quality items.

wherever i go in hong kong, the salespeople always, always greet me when i enter their store. i'm filipino and female and no matter what i'm wearing, be it jeans and flats with a shirt (looking very ordinary) or whether i'm carrying a designer bag and nice shoes, they always greet me with a happy hello. and they never follow me around but someone's always on standby so in the event that i want to ask a question or need assistance, i'll get it. these are stores like gucci, tod's, celine, prada, etc. and of course the lower end stores in the malls also have wonderful staff (like nine west, etc.).

although i've had some relatives and friends who've had bad experiences in hong kong. like salespeople telling them they can't touch things or that they can't afford the item...imagine the audacity?!?! :x i can't imagine why they were treated that way. maybe they look more filipino than me and they don't really look at filipinos very highly there (a lot of filipino overseas workers). they all say i don't look filipino, and they say my english sounds very good so they assume i'm from somewhere else. but still they should treat people fairly if that's the case.

06-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_love

Don't be intimidated hun!! Yes it is a luxury store, but you should never be intimidated to go in there, its your right to go in and have a look! - there are no rules of shopping in luxury stores - if you want to look at something then look at it. Most of the time SAs will be nice to you and help you out, but as with everything they are some rude, just ignore them!!
I live in Australia too, and the nicest SA i have come across in Louis Vuitton is in Surfers Paradise. She was lovely and so attentive to everything i wanted to look at. So now whenever i want to buy Louis i also save it until i am there to buy off her.

Also i have a question, do the SAs in places such as Louis Vuitton or Prada work on commission?

06-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_lipgloss
Also i have a question, do the SAs in places such as Louis Vuitton or Prada work on commission?
I think so. That's why there should be even more reason for them to be friendly and helpful.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores