How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
the ground floor of the new vuitton superstore is madness- but i had a great time at menswear on the first floor - friendly sales assistant, large private fitting room and champagne(though awful)- and i found the coat that both london stores were unwilling to transfer for me.
Yes they indeed have every single piece of every single collection. That's true. I've been on the menswear department but it was very crowded so was the womens wear, shoes and luggage. But like I said, perhaps I was there on the wrong time.

I waited for the elevator for almost 5 minutes, but at the end I've never seen it. Well, I can always go back! I live on 10 minutes from the store!

09-03-2006
tfs star

i agree with ta-ta.. its pretty unavoidable anyways.. where would profits be without mass sales to these people who will spend $1500 at the drop of a hat.. unless all luxury brands start raising prices to promote more exclusitivity (which they already have.. there was an article somewhere here on TFS about this.. my wallet has taken notice as well ) .. nowadays exclusitivity doesnt really mean the same thing anymore.. its much more marketing..

10-03-2006
front row

Those of you who are having trouble shopping in fine establishments either need to learn how to snap your fingers real loud when you walk into a botique, or you need to start spending more money. Those are the only two ways I know of to gain the respect of snooty sales associates unless you are asian. If you are asian you have their respect the second you walk through the door, unless you have buck teeth. If you are asian and have buck teeth you have to show them your credit card in order to be treated with respect. Gays can get away without spending money to get respect, but they usually need to snap a few times.

11-03-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

^ too true...

11-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruki
Those of you who are having trouble shopping in fine establishments either need to learn how to snap your fingers real loud when you walk into a botique, or you need to start spending more money. Those are the only two ways I know of to gain the respect of snooty sales associates unless you are asian. If you are asian you have their respect the second you walk through the door, unless you have buck teeth. If you are asian and have buck teeth you have to show them your credit card in order to be treated with respect. Gays can get away without spending money to get respect, but they usually need to snap a few times.
this may be true, but this is the queeniest thing i've ever heard...the bottom line is, a bad attitude from the sa is unacceptable, they're just SAs. this shouldn't even be a topic for discussion in the first place.

unfortunately it is.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
11-03-2006
V.I.P.

^ I agree. I think the SAs are much more to blame than the customers. It's their job to help everyone nicley no matter the age, race, what they're dressed like or how much they buy.

11-03-2006
V.I.P.

i agree with pastry and guessgirl96..these people are paid to give customer service, so it's unacceptable that they treat anyone like crap

front row

This thread is dead, but I was shopping around for good quality food online when I remembered Harrods has one of the nicest food halls in London. I haven't been to Harrods for a year, ever since I was treated atrociously not once, but several times. I might brave Harrods again when I go back to London after Easter break. I hate it how going to Harrods actually kinda intimidates me....so just wanted to ask...has anyone had a good experience at Harrods? Do you have to be rich/middle-eastern oil heir lookalike/laden in designer attire to be treated as a paying customer there?

31-03-2006
windowshopping

I loved my experience at Louis Vuitton at The Rocks in Sydney. I was very nervy about going in, especially with the security (doormen and all the staff) but I was desperate to buy my first bag and my boyfriend was sick of my whinging and pushed me through the door. The sales staff were great, after I decided on the bag, I was sat down and offered a beverage while the packaged it up, I didn't have to go to the counter and pay, they brought it all to me. Great fun, will definitely go again.

01-04-2006
backstage pass

i went to the alexander mcqueen in the meatpacking district in nyc a few days ago and im happy to say it was a good experience. the store was empty, and I was the only shopper though they were all very welcoming, and the salesman encouraged me to try on things, especially this pair of shorts. everything looked really good, and im definitely going again

02-04-2006
V.I.P.

yes. speaking of good experiences, i'm always treated with respect at louis vuitton. the men ask me if i'm looking for something, it's really nice of them because i definitely don't look like i can afford anything in the store. well, i definitely can't they vaguely know what went on at the runway, so i'm able to talk to them about the collections.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
03-04-2006
scenester

i definitely had a good louis vuitton experience too! i was in new york for spring break, and i had been walking all over the place, so i was just wearing a pair of comfortable birkenstock clogs (they looked good with the outfit!), and the only person who scrutinized me was another customer...this asian guy who id seen earlier that day at bloomingdales...he eyed me up and down and then continued browsing, and then complained later that no one was helping him. i meanwhile had a really nice male SA, who tried his hardest to find a pair of shoes...even though i ended up buying a different pair! definitely a good experience! (btw this was at LV one east)

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lick1987
This thread is dead, but I was shopping around for good quality food online when I remembered Harrods has one of the nicest food halls in London. I haven't been to Harrods for a year, ever since I was treated atrociously not once, but several times. I might brave Harrods again when I go back to London after Easter break. I hate it how going to Harrods actually kinda intimidates me....so just wanted to ask...has anyone had a good experience at Harrods? Do you have to be rich/middle-eastern oil heir lookalike/laden in designer attire to be treated as a paying customer there?
Maybe go heavy on the bronzer? (Sorry I can't help with your question, I've never been to Harrod's.)

04-04-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lick1987
Do you have to be rich/middle-eastern oil heir lookalike/laden in designer attire to be treated as a paying customer there?
i'm often designer clad i the sevice is still awful !

Harrods is all about how much cash you flash which kinda takes away from the pleasure of browsing. Why should they get 2% comission off my back for doing nothing- i stick to boutiques. Anyway i've found very little in menswear worth buying- save for a couple of bottega pret pieces harrods menswear have a habit of stocking dross!

04-04-2006
trendsetter

the bestest SA i've had for chanel was in the NM las vegas. she helped my mom pick out a bag we saw with the clothes. then i told her i've always wanted to get a jacket and she said we'd have to try on some for fun! i must have tried on 10 jackets, which were all beautiful before i got my coat. she was sooooo nice and she even got me one of the reissue bags later on for my mom she called me in december for their sales but i couldn't get anything else

i was bummed lately to hear that she's moved on to the valentino boutique in caeser's as their manager, well, happy for her cos she's done so well but bummed for me cos she was so nice and helpful at the chanel! check out the valentino boutique, salwa's the manager now and she's very nice

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores