How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2006
front row

LV does has some very stiff SA's probably because so many ppl come in there an BS because the brand is so popular now. What is the spring 2006 preview like, is it private showing? I remember the Giorgio Armani in Houston SAs are HORENDOUS Worst customer service ever.(funny the Emporio Armani directly across from it has good service) I went in Giorgio Armani an I was still dressed up from work. An I had a HUGE Chanel Shopping bag since I was Christmas shopping an I still couldnt even get a hello. Just this ridcolous look im like I could have your 2month salary in this bag an you still dont give customer service. Anywho one time I had one really good SA help there this short latino women Carmen, she was a doll an super nice ask for her if you go in there.

Last edited by GalleriaResident; 25-07-2006 at 04:08 PM.

26-07-2006
windowshopping

GalleriaResident; yes, the preview is like a private showing. It's basically like a cocktail party, and bags that aren't yet for sale are shown. I'm pretty sure you can buy them also. I was invited, and was allowed to bring one guest, but I was away at school and my dad had never told me I had mail from LV otherwise I would have had him open it. I remember the preview being on a Thursday, and I returned home the following day. I was extremely disappointed because I knew it was rare to get an invite! =( Maybe there will be a next time!

26-07-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
but also make sure the SAs remember and like you. at least with LV the SAs decide who's considered VIP
Agree ... I've been a VIP before at different places mostly because the SA or makeup artist or whoever liked me, not because I'm the last of the big spenders At one event I got to have lunch with Michele of Michele watches, which was cool.

27-07-2006
V.I.P.

i can't think of a particulear bad experience. But the service at Le Printemps in Paris was crappy. My top 3 over good SA's :

1. Hermes - Paris.
2. Marc Jacobs - Paris.
3. Dolce & Gabbana - Milano.

27-07-2006
windowshopping

Last night I went to LV to buy myself a birthday gift, and had a totally oppisite experience than what I posted above! The old man that was rude to me was working, but I only saw him for a split second. I got tons of help from another SA, and his business card. I told him that sometimes I don't get any service when I come in because I look like I'm 15, (I turned 21 today), and he was telling me how they don't work on commission, apologized for the behavior of the other SAs, and that if I ever need anything to just ask for him. He said I looked awfully fimiliar, and I told him that the last few times I came in, he was the one to help me. I'm just glad that I won't have to worry as much when I walk into the store and think, "will someone help me today?" I guess that was a happy ending for me, haha.

27-07-2006
rising star

I remember when I was at Saks in New York, I dropped a couple thousand on some clothes, the sales man was acting like my personal shopper, trying to help me out and ignoring others who were asking for help!! I came back later in the evening to buy a jacket that I saw earlier in the day, That same salesman happen to be leaving for the day and saw me- HE ACTUALLY DROPPED HIS STUFF AND CAME OVER TO ASSIST ME -The Jacket was $1900 so I guess he wanted the commission off it!!

I never get bad service when I walk in designer stores, The sales people always try to assist me, Most of the men who work in these stores are all gay, and always try to hit on me!! In Barney's New York especially. ( I should use it to my advantage and get a discount from it,lol)

28-07-2006
front row

i went to vegas for my birthday and decided to stay at Ceasar's because of the shopping they have there (its awesome they have everything!)

I was snubbed the minute i walked in to Carolina Herrera! The SA just immediately assumed i didn't even know the label! i was so insulted at that i didn't even bother looking around. there was no one in the store and it was sooo small and tight in that store. tucked away in a little corner. no wonder i hardly saw anyone with bags from there. it's hidden away and the employees are horrible!

Gucci, coach, dior and Marc Jacobs had wonderful SA however and i just spend all my cash at these stores.

28-07-2006
front row

Was it CH By Carolina Herrera or Mainline Herrera the one in Houston is CH an very small an dark like you said I think they are all like that to be honest I was dissappointed by the line I like Carlolina so I thought her second line would be better anyways back to the store the one here in Houston hardly anyone walks around with the bag but its basically there for the Wealthy Mexicans an Latinos who fly into town for their shopping sprees (what the SA told me)

Last edited by GalleriaResident; 28-07-2006 at 07:36 PM.
28-07-2006
front row

i think it was the CH line. now that i think about it the store kind of reminds me of the book and wand store in the Harry Potter movie! haha i love that movie

Last edited by chel4mdavali; 28-07-2006 at 09:51 PM.
29-07-2006
trendsetter

I had a horrible experience just two days ago in a top high-end department store in Moscow. I was browsing the shoe section and found these absolutely fantastic prada platforms. I was supposed to get some money transferred to my account that day and thinking that they're already arrived, i went to the counter to pay for the shoes. When the woman at the counter swiped my card it turned out i don't have sufficient funds she didn't say anything, but the SA who was packing the shoes gave me this fake "understanding" smirk and said: "this is so strange that you have a golden Visa and no money on it" i just stood there stunned wanting to grab the freaking card and make a run for nearest exist. But than he actuallu asked me: "Does your father give you a fixed allowance? or is it your husband". I said i'm not married and walked away. It was horrible. Now, I look about 16, plus I was wearing a baby-doll dress and the SA was much older, but seriously all this patrenizing... so rude. I went back there yesterday and bought two pairs. sadly the ******* wasn't there. Now I regret I didn't call the manager but I never know how to behave in those situations.

29-07-2006
backstage pass

urgh that's rude

but SAs should learn to stop making remarks about gold cards, since in Austria every student without even a steady income can get a Mastercard Gold not to mention Platin ones are thrown after you in certain Asian countries...

I'm rather happy that I can at first brows around in luxury stores without SAs swarming all over me... well at least if I'm just looking. I also look like a tourist, so they forgive me my uhm casual dressing style I guess

29-07-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
urgh that's rude

but SAs should learn to stop making remarks about gold cards, since in Austria every student without even a steady income can get a Mastercard Gold not to mention Platin ones are thrown after you in certain Asian countries...

I'm rather happy that I can at first brows around in luxury stores without SAs swarming all over me... well at least if I'm just looking. I also look like a tourist, so they forgive me my uhm casual dressing style I guess
Two words BLACK CARD, that card gets me aroused...It's the only card I really care about, the rest are available to anyone...

EVERYONE has a Platinum or Gold card, at least here in America, it's a marketing ploy even though we all know better, except American Express who are elitist to thier very core

Last edited by Diorling; 29-07-2006 at 06:00 PM.
29-07-2006
front row

Diorling I TOTALLY Agree if I could have my Continental GT an Black Card aka Centurion. I would even pull up the the gas station only crack my tinted Gt window down an slide the card out to pay the gas attendent

But I would buy a fake promo one like the kind they send in the mail if anyone has got one Ill buy it!!!

03-08-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

^ one musn't forget the coutts (invitation only) world card...

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

almost all the SAs at louis vuitton boutiques in america piss me off. the only exceptions were some japanese woman at the boutique that just opened up in... i think it was maryland? and this man at the san diego boutique. can't recall any of their names. the sales associates at the champs elysees paris boutique are SO much better

best service: louboutin boutique on horatio st in nyc, givenchy on ave george V in paris and nyc, balenciaga in nyc and paris, gucci on rue du faubourg st honore/rue royale in paris, chanel on rue du faubourg st honore, costume national in paris, both chloe boutiques in paris, ysl on rue du faubourg st honore, chanel beverly hills, ysl in san francisco, celine beverly hills, hermes beverly hills
worst: lanvin in paris, louboutin in paris and the one on madison in nyc, LV in san francisco and almost anywhere, versace in nyc, ferragamo in nyc, chloe nyc, prada on 5th ave, hermes paris, gucci san francisco

Last edited by meowmix; 03-08-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores