How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2006
Power to the 99%

^ Lanvin in Paris! Most interesting ...

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

have you been to that boutique before? the sales associates always seem to be in a terrible mood. every single time i've been in there someone was always barking at someone either in the store or over the phone. as beautiful as their clothes off, the environment in the boutique is a huge put off
oh yeah brown thomas in dublin and all of the jimmy choo boutiques always have excellent service.

03-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
^ one musn't forget the coutts (invitation only) world card...
Oh, and Citibank's black card which (I believe) is only available by invitation only if you live in Singapore or Japan...

04-08-2006
trendsetter

YSL in Houston has amazing people. They treat you perfect right when you step in. They talk to you about the bags and shoes. They are perfect. Hopefuly next week I shall be getting the Johny boots. <3

04-08-2006
front row

I definately agree Smiths,they've been slow once or twice asking me if I needed help but ALWAYS Asked everytime so I will give them an A on customer service even though I really wanted one of those YSL logo tees an they were always sold out...Have you seen the new logo tee they have with those damn squares on them what the hell is that??? lol Anyways Miguel is an excellent Manager/Sales.
They definately have recruited me as a long term Customer!

Last edited by GalleriaResident; 04-08-2006 at 11:54 PM.
05-08-2006
front row

today after work, i was in neimans waiting for the sa to bag my purchase. a lady walked past the sa standing right in front of me with her arms FULL of stuff and said, "will you ring me up please?" i told her i didnt work there and she said, "oh..." the sa sprung to life and volunteered to help, big surprise there. his manager walked up and said, "what's going on?" he simply said, "nothing, she just asked me to ring her up." i didnt say anything. the guy that was helping me out laughed.

http://threerepute.blogspot.com
05-08-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleriaResident
I definately agree Smiths,they've been slow once or twice asking me if I needed help but ALWAYS Asked everytime so I will give them an A on customer service even though I really wanted one of those YSL logo tees an they were always sold out...Have you seen the new logo tee they have with those damn squares on them what the hell is that??? lol Anyways Miguel is an excellent Manager/Sales.
They definately have recruited me as a long term Customer!
Miguel is very nice. He helped me on my Johny Boots. I'm going to wait and see if they come out with more of less dressy type of shoe and buy them. Yesterday I saw the YSL logo tees, they are too..... flashy, i mostly want their amazing ties. They are heavy and amazing colors.

06-08-2006
front row

Hold on they have the big logo tshirts back(mens) in the store now???
not the stupid 4sqauare ones

07-08-2006
trendsetter

^ Not sure......... but i did see some that had the YSL in black. I really did not pay close attention since Tshirts like that dont grab my attention.

14-08-2006
trendsetter

GalleriaResident- well my mom is a chanel freak she has gazillions and also when we first immigrated to Canada, she went crazy and i always went with her and now its been like ten years and that same SA worked there so the communicationa nd relationship was great thats how my mom was VIP but serisoly it hink you do nneeed to spend some money hahaha

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by madem0iselle
GalleriaResident- well my mom is a chanel freak she has gazillions and also when we first immigrated to Canada, she went crazy and i always went with her and now its been like ten years and that same SA worked there so the communicationa nd relationship was great thats how my mom was VIP but serisoly it hink you do nneeed to spend some money hahaha
What you trying to call me poor? Just Kidding well obviously the main ingredient is currency so they know you lol

19-08-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

Todays experiences of looking for a luxe winter coat :
alexander mcqeen - fantastic saleswomen- got me seriously thinking about a weasel lined suede coat ( now i'm trying trying to justify the 4k price tag..).
fendi- awful- no service- left in a total strop ( to make matters worse i arrived with my father's car and driver!!)
gucci and dolce - bad as usual- where do they find them!
prada- suprising helpful and friendly ( found the one good one i suppose...)

Last edited by travis_nw8; 19-08-2006 at 11:03 AM.
22-08-2006
front row

My old wealthy and cranky aunt taught me to shop, I used to accompany her when I was 5 or 6 (bored to bits). She always entered a shop and made herself confortable, did not look to any SA, instead she found a confortable chair first and the SA would come to her... if there was no chair she would ask for it .

23-08-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
Todays experiences of looking for a luxe winter coat :
alexander mcqeen - fantastic saleswomen- got me seriously thinking about a weasel lined suede coat ( now i'm trying trying to justify the 4k price tag..).
fendi- awful- no service- left in a total strop ( to make matters worse i arrived with my father's car and driver!!)
gucci and dolce - bad as usual- where do they find them!
prada- suprising helpful and friendly ( found the one good one i suppose...)
... weasel ... I know some people who should be wearing weasel ...

24-08-2006
backstage pass

Men's Alex McQueen ermine-lined coat? Damn, picture, picture picture!

BTW, concerning the shopping at luxury stores, just a few thoughts
-Small shops are ALWAYS better than flagships. I hate flagships.
-I usually don't wear elegant clothes when shopping, it's a shop, not the Opera. Just wear casual (avoid the shorts and the t-shirts though haha), and feel confident
-I personally prefer women (as SA). But that's because I kinda know them now. But when I go to a new shop, I'm always told to see a man. They are SAID to be nicer, even if I haven't seen any difference.
-Oh yes, multi-brands boutique (or conceptual shops) have most of the time a very friendly staff. Concerning Paris, the staff at l'Eclaireur is fantastic.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores