How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2008
front row

Is it me or are ppl very bitchy when they answer the phone. its like im just trying to find an buy a specific item geeesshh!

17-04-2008
fashion icon

the worst service i've had was at dolce & gabanna...wot a nightmare! i walked in and no one even greeted me or even bothered asking if i needed assistance with something...they seemed too busy with, you know, standing around and doing a whole lotta nothing. dreadful, plain and simple...

Margiela's Muse

NYC experiences:

Barney's: surprisingly, I was treated well last time I went...in the Men's section, no less. In the Co-Op & Women's Designer areas, they ignored me as usual. They ignore everyone.

Bloomingdales: It was around Christmas, so the staff were forced to be friendly and "approachable".

Saks: Nothing but positive experiences here, believe it or not! The last time I was there I was completely doted on, despite being the youngest shopper on the whole floor. I took note, trust me.

Jeffrey: They upheld their legacy of cool disdain. Why?

Intermix: This one girl makes a point to ignore my presence specifically, while a male coworker went out of his way to help me.

Searle: Unpleasant; unwarranted egoism considering they aren't that exclusive of a store.

Scoop: A few perfunctory greetings exchanged.

As far as specific designer stores, I now am treated fairly well as they know me from my new job. Before that, it really varied.

Overall, though, my impression is that the the more you spend, the more they resent you. It's completely counterintuitive. I'm convinced you could spend $10,000 at Barneys & they wouldn't bat an eye; meanwhile, if you spent that at some independent boutique, they'd basically make you their deity for the day. (Places like Kirna Zabete
excluded).

Last edited by shirleebee; 17-04-2008 at 10:32 AM.
17-04-2008
fashion icon

^thanks for sharing your luxe-store experiences with us, shirleebee! some SA's are so horrendously unpleasant that you rarely get great customer service, nowadays!

V.I.P.

Well I was considering a new topic altogether because I wanted to know others opinions on the cosmetics department of these luxury stores. Barneys, Bergdorf's, Saks, Neiman's, Bloomingdale's..which one has the classiest and most elegant display for their cosmetics area? Definitely not Bloomingdale's. I think that Bergdorf's has a beautiful downstairs Cosmetics area, and I've been dying to go back since they now have the only US Natura Bisse spa. Neiman's varies from store to store, Beverly Hills is beautiful, SF is beautiful, the one in Bellevue, WA will be brand-new and gorgeous, but ones I've been to on the east coast (ATL and NY-white plains) were tacky.

I love Barneys. Everywhere I love Barneys. I love Seattle. Love SF. Bev Hills and Madison Avenue. They have minimalism in their cosmetics area. And the rare brands that not even BG has, so, they're my favorite.

22-11-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleebee View Post
NYC experiences:

Saks: Nothing but positive experiences here, believe it or not! The last time I was there I was completely doted on, despite being the youngest shopper on the whole floor. I took note, trust me.

Intermix: This one girl makes a point to ignore my presence specifically, while a male coworker went out of his way to help me.

Searle: Unpleasant; unwarranted egoism considering they aren't that exclusive of a store.

Scoop: A few perfunctory greetings exchanged.

I agree with the above and wanted to add my little 2c :p

SAKS has great customer service... albeit i'm always buying shoes there and have a great SA

SCOOP: The SAs are not very helpful at all.... they don't say hi, and when i buy things, i make sure that no SA makes commission off of me. Because they literally don't say anything to me until i'm almost at the register

Intermix: I think it depends on which location. the one in soho has pretty blah service.... i like the one on UES on Madison... everyone there is helpful

BalNY: i've bought bags from them over the phone and they seem great, but when i went to the store... their service SUCKED!!!!!

Bergdorf Goodman: I feel that everyone is really nice here, but this is one of my favorite stores to be in...

I had to laugh at the Searle comment... because it's sooo TRUE!!!!! I feel they're snobby there for NO reason whatsoever!!

22-11-2008
backstage pass

To be honest, I think all luxury stores have quite good service.

I mean Prada gives you champagne.

trendsetter

^ i think it depends on what customer YOU are. i don't recieve very well service because im only 19.

V.I.P.

My Parents where absolutely doted on in Louis Vuitton. They had drinks.. whilst looking at the products. Given a dozen catalogues.
Excellent service.

rising star

Alexander Mcquen Bond Street London- Appalling

But walk 2 minutes down to Louis Vuitton and the service is impeccable

(and the manager is cute too lol)

27-01-2009
fashion icon

Another one of the best SA experiences I had was in the Louis Vuitton on Champs Elysees in Paris. Not only were they really busy - it was around Christmas time so they had throngs of tourists gawking and buying only monogram Anyway I was after a bag which at the time was pretty hard to get hold of - the SA found one for me, and looked in the database for other colours so he could get it couriered to the store if I'd prefer them, plus when I wasn't sure he let me put it on hold for a couple of days, even though there were customers who came up to me the whooole time saying they'll buy it straightaway if I didn't want it.

30-01-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Well I was considering a new topic altogether because I wanted to know others opinions on the cosmetics department of these luxury stores. Barneys, Bergdorf's, Saks, Neiman's, Bloomingdale's..which one has the classiest and most elegant display for their cosmetics area? Definitely not Bloomingdale's. I think that Bergdorf's has a beautiful downstairs Cosmetics area, and I've been dying to go back since they now have the only US Natura Bisse spa. Neiman's varies from store to store, Beverly Hills is beautiful, SF is beautiful, the one in Bellevue, WA will be brand-new and gorgeous, but ones I've been to on the east coast (ATL and NY-white plains) were tacky.

I love Barneys. Everywhere I love Barneys. I love Seattle. Love SF. Bev Hills and Madison Avenue. They have minimalism in their cosmetics area. And the rare brands that not even BG has, so, they're my favorite.
Of all the stores here, I'd say Saks is the most beautiful ... all gorgeous Deco wood fittings. I haven't been there in ages, though, because all the same people I'd been dealing with forever suddenly grew these gargantuan attitudes in their new surroundings Give me service, every time, and for that, it's not Barneys or Neiman's, it's Nordstrom.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 30-01-2009 at 10:33 PM.
12-07-2009
rising star

I do most of my luxury shopping in HK and I must say I love the SAs and the service in Joyce (Central). I don't like a nosy and an aggressive SA. I prefer looking at an item without worrying if the SA is peering over my shoulder. The SAs I've had experienced in Joyce just know the perfect timing on when to come in and help. Their men's department is so cute as well. I like riding the small elevator.

15-07-2009
front row

i've noticed that sales people are much nicer all around with the bad economy. Couldn't get the Barney's sales people off of me last week.

17-07-2009
trendsetter

^hey that's true. I hate it when I go into a store and the salespersons start hounding me but its even worse being ignored.

I went to Armani with my boyfriend and it was a little before closing time. We were looking a pair of pants. The sales person came to us and pointed at her watch - she started saying oh its time to close now and she said that in a realllly rude tone.

We were seriously going to buy the pants and were about to walk away .. then my bf just got really annoyed and gave it back to the salesperson. After all he really wanted to get the pants.

It was only after this that the salesperson realised what an idiot she was being and started being nice to us. UGH. horrible horrible.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores