Shopping At Luxury Stores - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
16-11-2004
windowshopping

i've never been snubbed in a department store...but get it all the time in small boutiques. i always feel like i'm interrupting them when i walk into a few places around here - so, i never go back. on the other hand - at Jeffrey or bob Ellis shoes or saks or neimans, i've never had a problem. and believe me, most of the time i don't look like i belong ...maybe it's the 'southern hospitality...'

16-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Grechen@Nov 16 2004, 02:28 PM
i've never been snubbed in a department store...but get it all the time in small boutiques. i always feel like i'm interrupting them when i walk into a few places around here
[snapback]434503[/snapback]
i've definitely encountered that as well...but i think i get the worst service at like... mid-level dept stores like macys and places like bebe. once i went into theory and the salesgirls were just standing by the counter chatting and giggling and when my mom and i walked in they just looked at us and continued chatting, not even saying hi or anything.
as for saks... i just did some phone orders with them... maybe it's their clothing dept that sucks, but shoes and accessories were very courteous and helpful. perhaps it's because they can't see the little 5'1" college student on the other end

16-11-2004
Seductress in Eden

I used to work in perfume sales and major department stores... we got pay bonus's when we sold certain units it was so bitchy... we had to keep track of what we sold.... never take a sales assistance advice big mistake.... we just wanted to sell... now i dont work there i avoid these ppl

16-11-2004
V.I.P.

I've worked for clothing stores in the past. And yes, I was being "bitchy" on my not so good days. But only to a certain extent. I mean I am ALWAYS going to smile to customers and help them (it's not a question of working or not, I mean that's part of my principles). Just that I am gonna get easily pissed off if they don't buy anything after trying on lots of stuff and asking lots of questions. I am gonna get frustrated, but I'll never be rude or not serve someone!!?!?!? But the kind of service I offer NEVER has something to do with the clothes the customer's wearing. But seriously never trust a salesperson's advice. The store in which I worked sold CRAP, but do you think I am really going to be honest with the customer and say stuff such as " This jacket is so passe, a white blouse with pink flowers is so ugly, go for something more sophisticated... ....Helmut Lang maybe?".

It happens to everybody to bet snobbed by salesperson once in while. Especially expensive stores. They couldn't care less about people. Yes , we're living in a society where APPEARANCE says too much about people, well according to some . And some salesperson think they know everything about fashion. HEY WAIT A MINUTE THERE! They think because their stuff is expensive (well to them D&G jeans are SO HOT AND THE BEST), they're on top of the fashion industry.

16-11-2004
Seductress in Eden

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Nov 17 2004, 01:45 PM
well to them D&G jeans are SO HOT AND THE BEST
[snapback]435174[/snapback]
hehehehehe really which type... hehe what are the cuts lol man i need to realise there is a world outside of versace haha

17-11-2004
V.I.P.

Where did you work, Kimkhuu?

17-11-2004
tfs star

It's easy to say, 'don't be bothered by their attitude', but no matter how assertive you are it is always offputting if not hurtful to be treated badly by sales assistants.

I remember about a year ago I visited the Prada store in Surfers Paradise in Queensland, and similar to AlexN and hilfiger10025 there were about 6 young females standing around the counter in an empty store, looking me up and down and giggling and whispering.

I didn't see what the joke was, but needless to say, I wouldn't return.

17-11-2004
Seductress in Eden

I think thats super bitchy honestly if they were so good they would be buying the stuff instead of working in the store....

I used to be intimadated going into versace but u just have to rise above it... nobody has any right to make anyone feel insuperior and if they do its because they are so insecure with themselves...

next time go in the store and ignore the for all they know you could be an heiress and nobody bosses heiresses around...

everybody acts in those expensive stores... hope u feel better... the two girl in escada on the gold coast where like rude to me thinking they are so good and i was like saying to my friend i cant believe how over priced escada is its like a brand for wanna be 10 yr olds heheheh sorry

17-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 17 2004, 12:21 AM
Where did you work, Kimkhuu?
[snapback]435254[/snapback]
Charmante

17-11-2004
front row

I think boutiques have the worst service, as well as dept. stores like Macy's, Dillards. I love shopping at Nordstrom, Saks & NM b/c the sales staff is always so helpful.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Anoush@Nov 17 2004, 05:18 PM
I think boutiques have the worst service, as well as dept. stores like Macy's, Dillards. I love shopping at Nordstrom, Saks & NM b/c the sales staff is always so helpful.
[snapback]436222[/snapback]
oh my gosh...macys...
neiman marcus at newport beach was good, bloomingdales was ehh..., saks in nyc was very kind to us when we were there and also with phone orders, nordstrom is okay unless it's sales time, roberto cavalli, henri bendel, gucci nyc and san jose, hermes nyc, givenchy nyc, tiffanys nyc, ysl south coast plaza, gucci south coast, barneys nyc, bergdorfs nyc, and celine south coast were all very good. i still hate versace... it was my worst experience ever

26-11-2004
scenester

If you felt you were very badly snubbed, you should have talked to the manager (just a tip for next time ). YOU are the client, THEY are merely the service people. Sounds a little harsh, I know, but sometimes they need to be reminded of it.

What annoys me to death is the fact that service is always 100x better when you are with a man.

26-11-2004
backstage pass

Today I was in Macys (I know, I know )
Anyways, I went to the register and my wife was like, maybe he isn't open because he is eating McDonald's. Sure enough he was and didn't think anything of it...full breakfast, mcmuffings, coffee and hash browns....I was like what the hell???????

I have never, ever seen that even in the real cheapo stores.

01-12-2004
front row

That's awful! First I'll say....I'm sure it's not you...'cuz from how you described, you sound fabulous! I've never been to Saks in NYC, but I'm feeling it was a negative New York vibe going on.... I've been to the Saks in Chicago, Atlanta and Beverly Hills and received A+ service. That is very dissapointing about your experience. Don't give up on Saks all together, but please REPORT THE RUDE BEHAVIOR at the NY store...unacceptable.

Best Wishes,
LabelAddict xoxo

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Strikingly Chloe@Nov 12 2004, 02:20 PM
The most snobby SA's are actually in the lower quality stores: BeBe, Wet Seal, and Hollister. Esp. Hollister, the girl SA's always look at me with attitude. Like they even know about fashion? Psssh!!! I hate girls like that! Ugh!!
[snapback]428857[/snapback]
Ughhhhh, my god, the SA's in Hollister are THE worst EVER. They stand around half-naked, flirting with the male employees and don't even offer a "hello" when you walk in the store. They don't help you out at all and really don't care about the customers. And the dirty looks you'll get from the girls for actually having a fashion sense! Basically, Hollister is run by those girls in high school that you love to hate....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores