How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Fade to Black@Dec 2 2004, 10:01 AM
I love the Abercrombie bashing that's been going on in this forum in the past couple days...very funny indeed. I especially love sassandviolet's comment about walking into one of those cookie cutter stores and dressing 100% more awesome than they ever could, bravo!
[snapback]447618[/snapback]
haha thanks but it's true, seriously, when was a sheer printed tee with your belly hanging out of your low-rise flares really fashionable? These girls think they dress so well because they match their walmart flip flops with their A&F tank tops.

08-12-2004
windowshopping

actually my sister works at abercrombie and shes mixed asian and hispanic and shes hated abercrombie all her life. but one day she needed a job and i asked her to pick me up a sweater from there and they just hired her on the spot. she hates the job but only has to work like twice a month and i get a 30% discount

but one time i went to saks to buy a watch and these old ladies almost wouldnt sell it to me. i had to wait 30 mins for them to even show it to me!

still my dad says you dont even need to be a highschool graduate to work retail so they can kiss my

02-01-2005
front row

I just HAVE to tell you this story!
TheFUNNIEST thing happened to me today when I went shoppping. An encounter with some REALLY dumb sales assistants. I know that doesn't sound nice, but I mean, really!
I was snubbed in Ralph Lauren. I know this happens to people all the time, but this was my 'first time' being snubbed, and it wasn't frustrating as much as HILARIOUS! Anyway, I walked in there and all the girls just stared at me and went back to their conversation..mmmhmmm, hello to you too I thought, but I kept on looking. They looked me up and down and even glared at me, and I could hear them whispering and giggling,which upset me a bit, so I walked out after a few minutes. I mean, I was dressed casually, I'll admit that. I hadn't dressed up, and maybe they found that disprespectful? But you think they would have taken into account what I was wearing, as evidence that yes, I am here to shop, and I will buy, not just put my dirty hands all over your clean merchandise....What do you think? Should a Ralph Lauren sales girl recognise this?

Am I crazy? Anyone of you have any ideads of why they would snub someone who OBVIOUSLY shops at Ralph Lauren regulary?

trendsetter

Ha ha, all I can say about the sales assistant is that somewhere in this world there is a village missing its idiot

I certainly wouldn't let it bother you - it clearly doesn't anyway.

02-01-2005
front row

I had a similiar experience last week at Saks...the week before my husband and I were there and I had bought a handbag. This older SA was all over us...being overly nice. Then a few days later I was out and got a small stain on the side of my handbag. It made me sick because I couldn't get it out so I ran into Saks (in sweat clothes) and I saw her working and I thought this is good she was nice last time I was in I was sure she will help me. Well this time she wouldn't even give me the time of day. When I finally got her attention I aked her what I could use to get a stain out and she said"we don't CLEAN handbags here" and turned her back on me. I said I just wanted to know if she could tell me what to use and she turned back around and said "Try soap and water" and walked away again I was so upset because after spending alot of money on a handbag you think that she could at least answer my question. Instead she wanted to follow around the lady in the fur coat. I am calling the manager tomorrow to report her. You should do the same.

02-01-2005
crossed wires.

ooo i would be sooo annoyed if anyone did that to me!!! it's there job to be nice to people, especially when the customer's being pleasant in the first place! there title is sales assistant not snobby ***! I think we just need to remind some of them of this fact :p

02-01-2005
front row

Its funny how someone who makes barely $7 an hour snubbed the people they're supposed to be serving. It just makes me laugh actually but don't let it bother you. Report these bitches to the manager and I'm pretty sure they won't snub you next time at Burger King

02-01-2005
windowshopping

I read an article somewhere on something like this but i can't remember where i read it! Basically it was a test to see if the way she dressed affected the way she was treated and it did. I can't believe that some sales assistants do this. I've worked in retail for 2 years and for 6 months i worked at a theme park where you get some of the best and worst dressed people, but i didn't treat them any differently regardless. I know that some days i'll be wearing jeans and a hoody and some days i'll look really preened and nice and it depends on how i'm feeling and i don't expect to be treated badly because of it.

02-01-2005
backstage pass

id just ask her to direct me to the manager IMMEDIATELY. id do it in her face too. Ill tell her "I want to see your manager now to let him/her know how RUDE you are, and if you refuse, believe me, i will have someone else show me the way to her.
"
i hate rude s/a . one time i was at the hermes boutique and there were a bunch of japanese tourists and 4 s/a were helping them out. i couldnt get anyone's attention (i was just wearing jeans and carrying my longchamp diaper bag) and i actually had to say out loud "excuse me but do i have to wear my AMEX platinum card on my sleeve to get some attention around here?" 2 sales associates came over and apologized profusely. i asked to see the manager. i had to wait at least 15 minutes before i said that out loud since i was not getting any help nor attention and i had been saying "excuse me" to the s/a for about 10minutes as she replied "can you wait a minute please".
that really pissed me off.

flaunt the imperfection

excuses...but this needed to be merged...carry on...

02-01-2005
front row

Anybody seen an episode of The simpson where Lisa went to "Saks Fifth GRADE" to get new clothes because she thought she was fat and as she was leaving the guy who was working there as he was "enhancing" the model he sang "I make 3 bucks an hour"

02-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb831
I know how you feel and it sucks. I don't know why they act so stuck up. How much do they make anyway?! I dress really casually with jeans and a tee, so when I go in there, the don't even look at me.
one thing i can assure you. come to harvey nics first floor and you should get great service ....
i cant stand snooty SAs but i never let them get that far. i've always been very confident and it always worked even in my worst outfits

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
02-01-2005
backstage pass

yeah being confident really helps. you can be in crappy clothes and carry that air with you still. if you still dont get attention, then haha wear your amex platinum on your sleeve *joke*

scenester

If you are constantly being snubbed at luxury stores, i suggest you to go to london! i mean airfare is expensive and maybe it's not worth it but sales assitant in here are so nice. I really like all the stores i've been through: harvey nichol,s selfridges, most of sloanes treet botiques. The staffs are really nice in the stores specially in Hilfiger. The sales assitant just smiled at me when i enetered the store and i think that is a big plus on stores because if i look at a sales assitant and they smile or something, then i a sure to buy something from that store coz i just like the whole ambience they have set. In addition, hilfiger stafs actually remembers you when you go back again and they actually approach you and say hello and even get your name and chat with you for a bit and stuffs. For selfridges, although people might think they are so snubby(coz they look like they are) they are not at all. They are all helpful but and so nice to everyone. Absolutely plus again coz they are all smiling at me and stuffs. For harvey nichols, they are all so nice as well!!!! they just try to help you as much as you can. Although i think they got pissed from me coz i kept asking where lindeberg is for like 5 times!!! lol! i can't help it!!! they keep telling me different places to go!!!lol For the other places, they just are so nice and really helps you with a smile of course. So my advice for you, just go here to have a really friendly shopping experience!

02-01-2005
backstage pass

In the current issue of 10 magazine there is an article about sales bitches, and the various types.

It was rather amusing.

An instance when I was in Ferragamo a male salesperson kept staring at my belt or that area at the very least. I was wearing a vintage patent Thierry Mugler belt with that star on the buckle.

Otherwise it really isnt wise in all presumable incidents to be ill-dressed at these types of high end stores.

And for stores as Bebe if one went in wearing complete Jil Sander, and a Goyard bag they would still snub you. Complete lack of taste.

Charles Baudelaire
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores