How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2005
backstage pass

A lot of SAs at better dept stores (where many here shop) make wayyyy more than $7 an hour. Some of the top sales folks at Bergs can make upwards of $100,000, more than their manager. I know a guy who works there, no college degree and is under 25 and pulled in 60k last year...so while many are snobs, many customers come in with the idea that the SAs are beneath them and can never afford the clothing in the stores..it works both ways....Of course SA pay depends on the store, but many are making more than entry/mid level college grads....something to keep in mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxxxic
Its funny how someone who makes barely $7 an hour snubbed the people they're supposed to be serving. It just makes me laugh actually but don't let it bother you. Report these bitches to the manager and I'm pretty sure they won't snub you next time at Burger King

02-01-2005
front row

Hmmm. I was wondering if it was considered tacky of a faux pas to go into a store wearing something with a logo (yes, I know logos are usually considered tacky, but I mean it's only a polo) I enjoy fashion, I have fun with it, but I am not the most fashion savvy person in the world(though this site is slowly changing that!):p
The weird thing is, Chanel were super nice to me! From the moment I got the "Welcome to Chanel" it was great! The girl even apologized when she handed me a wipes to take off a lipgloss tester that they only had Kleenex tissues! I mean, really! Who cares! I had her serve me at the counter and I hope she got comission, I've never known anyone who works there and I was not going to ask her!

V.I.P.

if theyre truly snobs i don't think theyd be impressed with a polo...
the cosmetics ppl at chanel in ala moana are nice, i don't like the one in sf cuz theyre slow and inefficient, not very organised..chanel bev hills is fab cept once when i was there these old chinese ladies were giggling at me and talking (in mandarin) about how since i was so young i prolly couldn't afford any of the RTW...i guess they assumed i don't spk mandarin so i walked right by and started talking to my friend in mandarin ...chanel on 57th in nyc is good too...hate chanel on kalakalua in waikiki, friggen shady
thats weird do ppl usually say welcome to ______? i don't think i've ever paid attention..
what really pisses me off is when dept stores like saks and niemans hire ppl who can barely spk english and they get all angry if they don't understand you.

02-01-2005
backstage pass

I wouldn't say tacky (hell yes I would, LOL) but it makes it looks like one tried too hard to gain acceptance from the sales associates and other shoppers. It's like some people go into the Prada store and wear Prada shoes, bag, and then carry a Prada store shopping bag (yes, you know people collect them/EBAY them) to show that they belong in the store. In other words, they plan their shopping outfits around the stores they will visit....matching the logos to that particular store is a bit narcissistic. Then again, I am anti logo anything so maybe my opinion is pretty biased....to me there's nothing worse than someone in the LV store decked out in a plethora of LV accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless
Hmmm. I was wondering if it was considered tacky of a faux pas to go into a store wearing something with a logo

02-01-2005
front row

I was going casual that day, and I like my polo, I just thought it was weird they ignored me since I obviously shop there. I don't know. As I said, Chanel couldn't have been nicer, but then it was probably just that particular salesgirl having a nicer personality?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incroyable
And for stores as Bebe if one went in wearing complete Jil Sander, and a Goyard bag they would still snub you. Complete lack of taste.
Ain't that the truth...

02-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
Ain't that the truth...
They probably wouldn't be able to recognize Vuitton save for the Monogram, and the Multicolor.

Charles Baudelaire
03-01-2005
front row

My mother and I were once snubbed VERY badly at a high end boutique in Vancouver. The lady in the store wouldn't even let us touch anything!! She had to have her assistant read the labels for us!!

Needless to say, we left w/o buying a thing.

Im a teenager, and my mother likes to wear runners and jeans shopping so I think that is why we were looked down upon. Little did the lady who owned the store know that we are both ladies who can afford to, and love to buy high-end clothes. Her loss.

03-01-2005
V.I.P.

clueless, i don't think a RL perfume and a white polo would really be an indicator that you're a long time loyal customer to RL...
i don't think SAs are really necessarily even impressed with what you've got from their store...
i had an unsatisfactory experience at RL when i was there with my mom (although no giggling or sneering, they were simply being rudely unattentive) and this one girl would just stand behind the counter and say "um we don't have any more in stock" until she noticed the bag i was carrying that day and then brightened up perhaps RL service just sucks nationwide

03-01-2005
front row

I don't know why they wouldn't want to help people. Especially if it's a smaller store than a department store. I would be bored just standing around if I didn't help anyone. I would at Office Max and I liked when there were customers cause I would be doing something and time would go by faster.

03-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

i shopping at versace because they are so nice to me

03-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory
It's like some people go into the Prada store and wear Prada shoes, bag, and then carry a Prada store shopping bag (yes, you know people collect them/EBAY them) to show that they belong in the store.
..I didn't know people ACTUALLY DID that..how warped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlance
.. i kept asking where lindeberg is for like 5 times!!! lol! i can't help it!!! they keep telling me different places to go!!!lol
If you ever go to Copenhagen or Stockholm you'll find Lindeberg all over the place And I agree..the a/s's in London are great!

pinterest : hanneonpin
03-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless
I was going casual that day, and I like my polo, I just thought it was weird they ignored me since I obviously shop there. I don't know. As I said, Chanel couldn't have been nicer, but then it was probably just that particular salesgirl having a nicer personality?

of course...
they are just people...with some random job...
they have good days and bad days like anyone...
and they are nice and not so nice...like anyone...

i really wouldn't take anything that happens like that as a sign of the company being a particular way or whatever...it's just that particular person (persons) on that particular day...

03-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

i never wear what i bought last time when going into the same shop

03-01-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by annals
My mother and I were once snubbed VERY badly at a high end boutique in Vancouver. The lady in the store wouldn't even let us touch anything!! She had to have her assistant read the labels for us!!

Needless to say, we left w/o buying a thing.

Im a teenager, and my mother likes to wear runners and jeans shopping so I think that is why we were looked down upon. Little did the lady who owned the store know that we are both ladies who can afford to, and love to buy high-end clothes. Her loss.
holt renfrew?

my friends mom was looking at a cashmere scarf, then the sales associate said to them

"thats cashmere you know" in the snob/bitch/stick up your *** tone

his mom replied

"does it matter"

she got the bitchiest look back and was refused help
his uncle also got kicked out of the store because they didnt believe he was going to buy anything(he's loaded)

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 03-01-2005 at 04:33 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
luxury, shopping, stores