How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-03-2005
front row

Siwy Jeans
I am in London, and just saw these jeans in Harvey Nichols...they are sooo good! Just wondered if anyone has bought them in the US and how much are they? Also looking for stockists in New York as am there next week.

thanks!

29-03-2005
front row

Siwy jeans?
Siwy At first glance, Siwy jeans don't seem like anything special. Or, more accurately, they don't seem to be any more special than any other pair of high-priced jeans: The fade and distressing is artful, the silhouette a sexy tweak on traditional bootcuts, and the denim itself is high quality. Where Siwy stands out, however, is in its smart, user-friendly details. A subtly shortened back hem on longer styles, for example, is sewn so girls can avoid tripping over their pant legs when they're wearing flats or sneakers (along with the knock-on effect of mopping up the street with the heel of their jeans.) The tulip-shaped pockets, likewise, are sculpted for maximum butt-lifting effect, and the rise, though low, is forgiving. Siwy's jeans, unlike the offerings of numerous other upscale brands, seems intended for girls with curves, a huge part of the denim market, but one that is continually underserved. The brand is launching for Spring with a small range, which includes not only straight-leg and bootcut styles, but also miniskirts and a pair of "tailored," i.e., super-tight capris, which will fit nicely underneath tall boots.

-- Fashion Wire Daily

Does anyone know anyhting about this brand? I'm looking for a new brand of jeans and all the typical high-end jeans don't fit my body.

29-03-2005
front row

I've tried finding out about these jeans too. I'm not sure many people know about them, I've only seen a small blurb on them...i put it in a post, here. Tell me if you try them on. I need new jeans.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...highlight=siwy

29-03-2005
rising star

I've never worn them before, but I've heard that they fit really well. I could sure do with a couple new pair of pants.

From Siwy Denim's website ...
Taylor :p

30-03-2005
front row

well im off tomorrow to NY, so will report back..

03-04-2005
windowshopping

they are awesome
I travelled to Los Angeles last week and saw the jeans at all the top stores. So it is either a new line or is about to be massive. I was in a shop in studio city called Dari and this american actress Selma Blair was shopping. She tried on a very tight fitting style that was straight all the way down and looked sooooo hot. I did not buy the jeans there to avoid looking like I was copying her, but ended up trying them on at Fred Segal in Santa Monica and so delighted I did! You have no idea what it did for my tushy! I have a smaller waist and slightly bigger hips and it was so flattering.I usually have a difficult time finding jeans that fit and lift up in the back because of this. I am truly a 26, but always forced to get 27. Not anymore. I am going to stock up while in NY since the dollar is so weak :p

03-04-2005
windowshopping

I replied to a post earlier. I am from the UK, but tried them on in california. They are really awesome! They have stretch and a good cut, so it is really flattering and easy to fit. Cheers

03-04-2005
front row

oooh. this always happens. now where in the heck am I going to get these in the midwest?

03-04-2005
windowshopping

maybe order on-line or call a store they are carried at?
I am sure in the big cities it is common to order directly from a store it is carried at. I'd find a list of stores that carry siwy and ask them if they would make an exception. I am sure they do this for celebrities, so why not us common folk? lol I know for sure they are at Ron Herman on Melrose and Fred Segal in Santa Monica, as well as Dari in Studio City, where I saw the actress.
I was told when I visit NYC to go to a store called SHOP where they carry, in downtown NYC. I have to look it up!
The website has a cool black and white video that shows a bunch of models prancing around in them and shows how they fit.

10-06-2005
windowshopping

celeb in siwy
I found this picture online with Rachel Bilson from the OC wearing it.[IMG]scan0002.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rachel1.jpg (191.3 KB, 103 views)

12-05-2006
V.I.P.

I am the biggest fan and didn't realize their was a thread on this..AMAZING in every way is all I have to say. They are going to be huge I am sure.

15-05-2006
front row

I tried these on at Saks and they didn't fit me right. I was disappointed, because they're so cute! So, I'm sticking with my J Brand and Sass & Bide for skinnies now.

16-05-2006
V.I.P.

Gunpowder, I think you have to try on a few pairs from different stores. Plus, I always see that brands get better. The second pair was better looking and feeling than the first.
I got one at Milk in LA.

16-05-2006
V.I.P.

Can you get them online (shipping to Europe)?

Of too many minds

^Yup! Check out http://www.siwydenim.com for a list of online stockists.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, siwy