How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Celine (pics from style.com)

I really like this collection. Lots of details (all the variations of trench coats) and the jackets are nice. There is hidden quality in it if you look at pics closely. I can't wait to see the actual pieces. For instance:
Jacket
trench
suit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg celine jacket.jpg (24.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg celine trench2.jpg (25.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg celine outfit2.jpg (25.4 KB, 3 views)

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika
Very nice, luckyme. I am going to be seeking out the Marni bracelets as well, and I really want the jewelry from the Yohji show....don't think he makes jewelry though.

{style.com}
I know! The yohji show is amazing! All those accessories just worked perfectly with the outfits. I really hope that they produce some of them.

06-10-2006
trendsetter

caffeine, from what i've seen of your pictures of various outfits, i really see you in the balenciaga suit, as well as the celine looks!

06-10-2006
Frozen irony.

Love the pants from Max Mara

06-10-2006
Storm & Sommer

That's quit a truckload there Caffeine

With all the lovely purchases you guys post in the Shopaholic thread...I'm interested in hearing what were your best buys.. care to share ?

pinterest : hanneonpin

Last edited by Hanne; 06-10-2006 at 03:16 PM.
07-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
That's quit a truckload there Caffeine

With all the lovely purchases you guys post in the Shopaholic thread...I'm interested in hearing what were your best buys.. care to share ?
I know Hanne! this is typical caffeine who just likes too many things :p
But sizing and proportion issues will throw at least half of them away, then I might change my mind once I put them on, so eventually my targets will be a lot less - that's why I need to go to trunk shows to find out
I'll need to add some McQueen items and Chloe shoes

My best buys? Yes of course. I'd LOVE to share

07-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavanaugh
caffeine, from what i've seen of your pictures of various outfits, i really see you in the balenciaga suit, as well as the celine looks!
Thank you Cavanaugh! Those Celine clothes are very office appropriate...i'm just not sure how they fit:p

12-10-2006
El Viaje Definitivo

Spencer Hart

some lighthearted items from it

Let the stars decide
25-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme
great idea. I went through and picked some from memory.

1 & 2 ann demeulemeester necklaces and some selected pieces from this outfit.
3, blamain top, pants shoes, I love it all.
4, donna karan whole thing
5, donna karan shoes
6, dries bubble skirt
7, dries glitter top
8, phillip lim dress
9, sophia kokosalaki dress
10, yohji shoes

all pics style.com
luckyme, Barneys didn't buy the Dries outfit we both liked They claimed that they purchased 70% of the collection, but more than 70% of the items I liked were not purchased. Don't know if I am abnormal or they only buy "basics". I still managed to order a wide belt to wear with my Junya white jacket and a skirt with pink flower print in size 34 (that's why I have to pre-order because Dries run large and 34 only comes in with pre-order). I remember Softgrey talking about issues with Barneys trunk shows and I'll make sure they send me what I ordered
btw the sales wasn't really in good mood to help

25-10-2006
V.I.P.

damn, what are they thinking? don't they know their base. it seems that the 30% of what they didn't choose than is what we want. barney's isn't about basics, I turn to them for my special pieces. this is why I tend to shop boutiques these days, or browns fashion when it come to dvn. I'm not surprised you found a belt, his accessories are outstanding.

18-11-2006
El Viaje Definitivo

some warped items from Carol Christian Poell

Let the stars decide
23-11-2006
backstage pass

I've only pre-ordered two Jil items so far. I'm sure I'll end up with some more shirts, but I'll see what I'm in the mood for once things arrive. The dove grey and whites are extremely tempting.

The shirt pictured below may not make it into production though. If it does, and it's not as expensive as a suit or something, I'll be all over it.

I've come to enjoy the colors in the collection and I have no outerwear in anything other than black and grey. It's far more vivid in the real photos, so I expect it'll be really special in real life. It's Yves Klein Blue. I was debating between it and the red. Ultimately I used two factors to make my decsion. One- Although both may draw attention, I think the red would be too showy. Two- I'd have to pack the red one away for the months surrounding election time.

(men.style.com)

Hopefully I can add to this list once I see what places like LVR decide to stock. I hate to get my heart set on things that I may never even have the option of buying.

V.I.P.

my revised list already. donna karan shoes are out. sophia kokosalaki dress is out. philip lim dress I'm on the fence about.

Marni square toe red patent platforms are on order. I am so excited about those. Through NM.com I pre-ordered Louboutin black espadrilles and white Chloe peep toes, and will hopefully find the yohji flat sneakers too. That's it for shoes.

Clotheswise, I still want the Dries pieces and maybe more from that collection when I see it. At least once of the AD tops with the black/white gradation thing happening. Junya double breated suit is on order, yeah.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, shopping, ss, wishlist