How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2007
once more, with feeling

Creatures of Comfort.

Jade, the store owner is pretty nice, but I still haven't gotten a refund to my credit card for something I returned over a month ago (maybe two months?).

13-07-2007
backstage pass

Holt Renfrew - Yorkdale, Sherway and Bloor St. locations

I am either a) completely ignored, b) watched out of the corner of the SA's eye or c) approached by a SA who implies that i am poor and inferior

backstage pass

Chanel - Las Vegas - Bellagio Location

The SA who helped me told me my Chanel ring was fake as Chanel did not manufacture sterling silver jewelry despite the fact that i purchased it at the Bloor St. Chanel boutique

rising star

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I were walking up to the Tiffany at Phipps Plaza a minute or two before closing time. Coming up, a (black) security guard turned away a not very well dressed (black) couple, informed them of the store's opening time in the morning and sent them on their way. Then, he unlocked the door for my us (white). I might have misinterpreted the situation, but we thought it was very odd.

I've always had remarkable service at Nordstom, particularly with their ordering things and being informed of upcoming sales. Also good at Saks, bad at NM. Once, at David Yurman (same jewelry trip) the SA forgot to mention a charge for ordering a custom size 4 ring, and they waived it. I thought that was very polite.

15-07-2007
V.I.P.

i haven't had a really bad experience in quite some time, but i think fendi sloane st. need to hire more staff. It was like 25 people in the store, and one SA trying on a b-belt for himself.

15-07-2007
fashion insider

I got sneakily followed around Gucci in Manhattan by an employee who obviously thought my discount Zara coat made me a possible shoplifter.

15-07-2007
front row

This girl at Nordstrom was really nice to me when I was shopping for sunglasses, but once I turned my back, my friend heard her saying that I was "so Asian..because I tried on stuff without buying anything"

front row

Sales Associates in high end stores = Nuts!

The only way to deal with them is to be a total BITCH. (Can you use profanity on this forum?)

Anyway, be rude to them (not blatantly rude) and they'll treat you like royalty. Be nice to them and they'll treat you like crap.

15-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristionCouture View Post
Sales Associates in high end stores = Nuts!

The only way to deal with them is to be a total BITCH. (Can you use profanity on this forum?)

Anyway, be rude to them (not blatantly rude) and they'll treat you like royalty. Be nice to them and they'll treat you like crap.
Totally agree with u, on my last vacation I went to NY to visit my father and he told me to be rude with the salesperson because if you aren't they'll treat you like crap;

rising star

^^^ahha! I'll try that next time.

Well, maybe it's the fact I'm 16, but I ALWAYS get followed or then people always ask me if I need help and THEN follow me. It's so annoying! Just a week ago I was in Sephora and the people there were just staring at me (not very many people during the time) and one of them followed me and asked me if I needed any help and I POLITELY said "No thanks, I'm just looking" and he left. Then after I had picked out everything I wanted I stood at the counter with my ($200!!! worth of) stuff and even though I was being very obvious about being DONE the guy who asked if I needed help was PURPOSELY ignoring me and talking to two other of his co-workers. RAWR!!!

21-07-2007
catch me if you can

Recently I was at Neiman Marcus and selected some shoes for presale. I came back on the day the sale started to pick up my shoes. The SA who handed me the bag says "Make sure they are the right size before you go". So I look in the bag and of course they are not the size that I pre-ordered. The woman who rang my shoes up tried to swear that I originally picked a 9 and not a 9.5. I was like no, I know my size in this designer and I always wear a 9.5. She then goes to the back and obviously cannot find the shoes I originally had presold.
After a few minutes, she found one of the shoes in the right size and then was frantically searching the sale rack and the stock room for the mate. I was very irritated by this time, since I just wanted to pick up my shoes and go. She couldnt find the mate so I had her return the 9 so I can get out of there. I didnt even want the shoes anymore after that. She did say sorry but I could tell that it wasn't genuine.
A few days later she left a message on my cell phone saying she had the 39.5 now and that I could come pick them up. I was like what? I didnt authorize her to ring them up!! Leaving a message doesn't mean that you are allowed to do so. I waited a few days for the charge to show up on my card and then called to tell her to return them. 2 days go by and no return. I called again and got another SA (I think he was the manager) and FINALLY got them returned.

front row

ILoveCouture: I think it was nice of her to get the 39.5 and hold them for you. You shouldn't be mad at her when she was obviously thinking of you. I would have been thrilled!

22-07-2007
front row

American Apparel on Melrose in Los Angeles! I swear I was going to take those girls outside! Geesh... no welcoming, no service what so ever, non-responsive, and pretentious as F**K... so i just dropped the clothes I had on my hands and said ill take my business elsewhere

22-07-2007
front row

So.. I was at the Bottega Venetta store, and I was looking at the man's shoes and boots, it just happened that one of the boots I picked up they were on sale(I didn't know) and I asked the shop girl to get the sizes for me and she looked and she didn't have size 9.5 but had 10.. I tried on the 10 but feel like it was too big on me so I asked her for the same style and in black color... she looked at me and said.. they are not on sale. I say.. thats ok.. since I thought she was trying to be 'nice'. but I decide not to take the shoes in either color. I asked her.. so where is the men's collection in the store, she answered me back, 'they are upstairs and they are NOT ON SALE'. I stared back at her and gave her the dirty look and say.. I will take a look ... and I went up.. sheesh.. she got a fu&*(^*( security guard to follow her upstairs. THAT REALLY MADE ME UNCOMFORTABLE that I am been 'monitored' so to speak.. of course I take my time to look through individual pieces and got her to let me try on some of the pieces.. but with no intention of buying anything. Of course WHO WOULD?

I love Bottega Venetta and I had a really good shopping experience in HK with the store, but not in NYC.. man.. and I do splurge on cloths ie pay 6k for a man's jacket.. so... I don't know where she got the idea that I was trying to buy stuff 'on sale'...

22-07-2007
front row

Victoria's Secret has the worst, in my opinion. But I adore Nordstrom's and for the most part, Saks. Sephora has good CS also.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-07-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Per tFS guidlines, show respect for other members.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst