How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2007
front row

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling View Post
They were soo nice to me at that mVersace!! I was being soo rude too, yapping on my cell phone, insulting the fake-me-out J12s to the SAs face...they were still really nice and really helpful, I bought nothing (as it is still Versace!) But I did eyeball a few things I wouldnt mind having.

Where else? OH, the Bally in Tysons Galleria, soooooooooo nice, so nice, not pushy at all, and very very knowledgeable. The Gucci in Chevy Chase, really nice too. Vuitton in Chevy Chase was soooo pushy, desperation rears its ugly head (They still have the Monogram Fringe from last year!!).
Ugh, I detest shopping in Chevy Chase. Congrats for finding good customer service because it's hard for me to find!

22-07-2007
catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristionCouture View Post
ILoveCouture: I think it was nice of her to get the 39.5 and hold them for you. You shouldn't be mad at her when she was obviously thinking of you. I would have been thrilled!
I think she did it b/c she felt bad that I needed those shoes for an event the next day. I'm not mad at her, just annoyed b/c I had to figure out a last minute alternative. Ah well! I am waiting to find the shoes I really want, Louboutin's Decolettes in Camel Patent. They will come to me one day...

front row

I can't speak for all American Apparel stores, but I did go into one in Chicago. Unbelievably pretentious salespeople .. looked annoyed when I came up to buy something. I think I interrupted their hipster bookclub ..

I've heard many other stories about American Apparel cashiers, also. Just saying.

Last edited by laneyrachel; 22-07-2007 at 06:17 PM.
22-07-2007
front row

I always get the worst service at MAC counters... ANY counters. Snotty, pushy, sometimes downright insulting MAs turned me to ordering online.

My french makeup blog
22-07-2007
catch me if you can

^^ I went to MAC today and they didnt even greet me or ask if I needed any help getting anything, so I just went to Nordstrom and got what I wanted from someone who was very helpful.

backstage pass

^ I received great help at the MAC counter at Harrods, Ldn.

22-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
^^ I went to MAC today and they didnt even greet me or ask if I needed any help getting anything, so I just went to Nordstrom and got what I wanted from someone who was very helpful.
I avoid getting anywhere near MAC stores because the employees all look like Jeffree Star. At least the ones in Dallas (especially Willowbend Mall in Plano, they are the worst).

22-07-2007
the crying of humanity

I never receive help while browsing Nordstrom's shoe department. I don't know if it's the way I look, but the employees have yet to come and ask me if I need help. If I see a shoe I'm interested in, I have to ask for assistance.

Hopefully I don't sound snooty, as I have no problem with doing things myself; it's the mere fact that the employees are being paid to walk over and ask if I need anything. It's rather irritating when they don't do their job.

front row

^I always receive great help in the shoe department at Nordstrom's at Tysons Corner in Va. or Bethesda Md.
I prefer the MAC counters at Nordies, instead of the store.

23-07-2007
front row

I second Balenciaga NY...the customer service there is as warm and friendly as the decor inside the boutique. They are cold and totally humorless. They will help you out with an attitude of indifference, and once the transaction is complete, they go crawl back inside the secret door and leave you totally alone.

Oliver Peoples in SoHo NYC is also poor in the customer service department (do NOT buy eyeglasses there), and Bloomingdales.com is terrible as well.

24-07-2007
V.I.P.

At the mall that I work at, we have both a MAC counter in Nordie's and then outside Nordie's is a bigger MAC area and at both of them I have received good customer service. The Macy's counters tend to be good to me however when I was at Nordie's, I don't know if it was because of the Anniversary sale or what not but it took more time for someone to notice me than for me to choose what I want.

24-07-2007
trendsetter

If anyone is interested, the NYU Bookstore
website has really good customer service

24-07-2007
windowshopping

Sephora on Wall Street, the girls there think they''re the sh*t, no one said hello, or even if I need help, they were just ollowing me with their eyes. **** them.

Last edited by strawberry daiquiri; 25-09-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: please see tFS guidelines - profanity
05-08-2007
trendsetter

I've never had poor customer service. You spend the money and enough time in the store and soon the manager will know you on a first name basis and come out just to say "Hi." Even after a mere year in NY I already have a loyal relationships with my sales associates and even then the other ones in the store know not to approach me unless it is to tell me that my associate is off/out at lunch and when they'll be back. At Barneys the associates on the 3rd floor will even hold stuff for me knowing that I'll come back and buy it from my regular guy.

backstage pass

How much do you spend; I guess cause I'm so young most SA's look at me as if I can't buy it. Though I think my credit card limit says otherwise.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst