How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2008
front row

as for the barneys new york IN new york, on 60th and madison..
i went into the menswear department, typical very stuffy customer service.
as for the men's co-op, its not as bad, but its not the best customer service either.
i was actually surprised last weekend, when i asked one of the older gentlemen working in the suits section, where the restroom was, and he actually walked me to the nearest one, and i wasn't even carrying a barneys shopping bag either!

18-08-2008
catch me if you can

LETC -

I worked at Nordstrom in DC for years and as long as it was a government issued ID, they should have given you the cash! They have to enter the info on the ID into the system for cash returns which is why they needed it. If I were you, I would send a letter to the store manager and describe your experience so they can make sure that this does not happen again.

front row

i almost forgot about good customer service,
dior homme on 57th street in new york has consistently good service.
theyre not overly friendly, but you feel comfortable, and not inferior shopping there.

and OF COURSE, almost all luxury stores in japan are amazing.
the designer stand-in shops in seibu department store in shibuya are great.
i was looking for the y-3 stand in shop, and asked a yohji SA where i could find it, and he led me all the way to y-3, which was 6 floors beneath us

18-08-2008
Power to the 99%

LetThemEatCake, sounds exactly like the "Customer Service" I encountered at Nordstrom's, except in a different location. It's like they're dying to tell you no. And same thing, I was treated like a parolee or something--as opposed to a loyal Nordstrom's cardholder & customer. They need some mystery shoppers if you ask me ...

18-08-2008
V.I.P.

hermes on worth avenue in palm beach, or for that matter any boutique in palm beach except for the chains (saks, etc..). so incredibly stuffy. i honestly don't get where the snottiness of the sales people comes from. i mean, you are a sales person, you don't actually own the store, why are you feeling so important. if you are not going to spend $2000 in hermes don't even bother going in. the service is terrible. one time i went in to buy the h-hour watch and i was given a scratched version and the sales person's comment was "well, it gets moved around from safe to safe, so it normal" another time, i went in to buy the h belt and i was given an attitude just because i asked them if they could order it for me. i guess it's difficult to order something for someone if it costs less than $1000. if you don't own a black amex, you are treated like ****. i don't even bother anymore, now i just go to bal harbour. some of the sales people seriously need a reality check. i was in a nonconfrontational mood otherwise i would have given them one....

Power to the 99%

^ I really think the answer to what is up with the snotty SAs must be that they are people who don't see the value in themselves, so they work at a prestigious place in order to attach that "label" to themselves. Therefore they believe they are Hermes, or whatever ...

Has Hermes won a Nobel Peace Prize or something that I haven't heard about? Otherwise it's just leather and scarves and perfume in an orange box with ribbon ...

18-08-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
LETC -

I worked at Nordstrom in DC for years and as long as it was a government issued ID, they should have given you the cash! They have to enter the info on the ID into the system for cash returns which is why they needed it. If I were you, I would send a letter to the store manager and describe your experience so they can make sure that this does not happen again.
Yeah I'm familiar with their need for a photo ID to enter into the system for a cash refund, but the fact that I was bold-faced LIED to, told that my ID wasnt acceptable, I was shocked because I'd never been told that before, and I've always used this particular ID. I just might take your advice and write a letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
LetThemEatCake, sounds exactly like the "Customer Service" I encountered at Nordstrom's, except in a different location. It's like they're dying to tell you no. And same thing, I was treated like a parolee or something--as opposed to a loyal Nordstrom's cardholder & customer. They need some mystery shoppers if you ask me ...
I would love to be a mystery shopper, however I'd probably give myself away to a person that treated me bad, because I'd want to say something about how rude they are. It's just un fathomable how up their own arse some people are, when all they are is a SA.

18-08-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveCouture View Post
LETC -

iLoveCouture is right... this is totally unacceptable & should never have happened to you LTEC... I would have pitched a fit to the store manager.

I hope it's OK to post something positive in this thread... so here's my latest Nordy story... 5th & Pine Seattle... I have been clearing out the clutter in my apt & I found an Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Candle still wrapped with the price & N sticker on it that I bought 10 years ago... it was around $60.00. I took it back & said to them... I know this is really old... but it is still wrapped with the price sticker on it... would it be possible to return it? The SA was very courteous & had to check a couple of things about the code to enter... etc... since it was so old... but they gave me my money back in full & were lovely about it & one of the other SA's even gave me some cologne samples I was interested in as well.

18-08-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I probably need to contact the district manager as well ... once again made the same request at Target yesterday & once again they were super nice to me. It's a PITA & I don't like to complain, but it's true they need to know they have a problem ...

18-08-2008
catch me if you can

^^ Thats good to hear MMA.

I remember we did have a few weeks with mystery shoppers and the managers got all of the reports on what they thought - it really helped if you ask me.

catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I probably need to contact the district manager as well ... once again made the same request at Target yesterday & once again they were super nice to me. It's a PITA & I don't like to complain, but it's true they need to know they have a problem ...
Exactly ta-ta. If they don't know that they have a problem, they can't fix it.

V.I.P.

i never go to the niemans due to their credit card rule...i remember running to the atm after learning about their cash only or amex or our card rule...and of course the SA treated me like i was pond scum.

18-08-2008
V.I.P.

i succumbed recently and got their credit card but now i have an amex, so that's going to get canceled.
i advocate for a mass purge of SAs...stalin style

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRLBY View Post
and OF COURSE, almost all luxury stores in japan are amazing.
the designer stand-in shops in seibu department store in shibuya are great.
i was looking for the y-3 stand in shop, and asked a yohji SA where i could find it, and he led me all the way to y-3, which was 6 floors beneath us
I totally agree MTRLBY! The luxury stores in Japan really know how to treat their customers. I remember I went to a lux department store and though I am Japanese, I don't speak much of the language. The SA's were infinity patient with me and they did their very best to speak to me in English. They were so kind and understanding! I could never imagine getting that kind of treatment in the states.

And I agree with you LTEC. The Neimans in Ala Moana is very good unlike most of the Neimans out there. But please write that letter to Nordstroms! I can't believe they would treat a soldier like that If I was there I would have jumped in and given that SA a piece of my mind.

Oh and another good experience I had was at the Michael Kors store in The Palazzo (sp?) in Vegas. There's an adorable Italian woman that works there that was very bubbly and she just cracked me up. I wasn't planning on buying shoes but she was so wonderful and brightened up my day so much that I bought some shoes from her.

19-08-2008
windowshopping

Susan in San Francisco and Grocery Store in San Francisco

As soon as you walk in, they stock you. When I enter I always say if I can browse or have a look" and they ALWAYS stay 2 meters behind me. It gives me the horrible sensation of someone that is breathing on my neck. I can't take it. And as soon as i barely touch something, they immediately say "oh that piece is wonderful!"

They have no idea how to sell nor how to understand customers.

It's too bad, because I would go there more often as they carry a lot of lanvin, marni, commes des garcons, etc...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst