How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-08-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I see that point, but I'm a regular, and I mentioned before I was transferred that I was calling to reserve a place for a facial, so the communication was very lacking with whomever patched me through. Still, if even that was the case, that he thought I was some "stalker", he could have asked how he could help me, as I wouldnt have been adversed to scheduling an appt with him, where he would have ended up making the commission sale since he booked it. Just too lazy over there at Barneys, I guess.
IMO you should definitely tell Melissa about what happened the next time you speak with her. It's important that she be aware of what went down... regardless of what she thinks about it.

27-08-2008
Soviet Camaro

The worst customer service I've had in recent years was at Neiman Marcus in San Francisco; they used to studiously avoid me.

At some point, though, it got better; and ever since Barneys opened here, they are positively friendly! It's amazing!

Power to the 99%

What a nightmare, Grill

tang, not sure if Barney's ~1000 ft away from Neiman's here has improved them as now I don't need to go back Nordstrom's too has moved in, not quite as close ... I so don't miss the vicious & catty men in the NM shoe dept ...

28-08-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
What a nightmare, Grill

tang, not sure if Barney's ~1000 ft away from Neiman's here has improved them as now I don't need to go back Nordstrom's too has moved in, not quite as close ... I so don't miss the vicious & catty men in the NM shoe dept ...
My girlfriends & I would call them shoe dogs... because they would go to the back room & fetch the shoes for us

So bad

28-08-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
The worst customer service I've had in recent years was at Neiman Marcus in San Francisco; they used to studiously avoid me.

At some point, though, it got better; and ever since Barneys opened here, they are positively friendly! It's amazing!
Barneys here is pretty amazing. Even at my worst (appearance wise) they are still very helpful.

15-09-2008
V.I.P.

omg like a couple of months ago i was at zara trying these womens pants or tops i can't really remember i just remember that it was in the womens section. I go up to the dressing room looking for some one to help me and the effing lady was just folding thhings ignoring me until i tell her i need dressing room. Shes then like oh ok and then says the mens stuff is over there you know. that just pissed me off. i later said oh i know. ugh

12-01-2009
trendsetter

Some of these are horror stories I just have a few annoying experiences.

I called one of the Anthropologie locations in Manhattan to ask them if they still stocked Paul & Joe, and they hung up on me. It wasn't an accident, I asked my question the girl sighed and put the phone down without telling me to wait, which prompted me to go "um.....hello? is anyone there?" "yeah we do." (In a couldn't be bothered tone) Click. Wtf?

Also the Lord & Taylor at Manhasset on LI. The SAs suck and so do the other customers. I asked one SA if she had anymore of a specific brand's handbags because they were spread all over the place and she snatched the bag out of my hands and said "It's $175. You want it?" Again, lol wtf? Talk about getting down to business! She didn't even answer my question. My aunt asked another SA where the restrooms were (this SA was gossiping with another SA) and she blurted out, "You want ME to tell YOU where they are? Well, ok..." She could've taken the haughtiness down about 10 notches.

You know who consistently has had good service in multiple locations for me? Whole Foods!

Last edited by lollicandy; 12-01-2009 at 05:50 PM.
28-03-2009
blink once. blink twice.

ughh, i was at target trying on these pair of boots and this old lady who didn't even work there was accusing me of "stealing" those boots just cos i took them out of their case and wanted to try them on. uhh, hello? i want to try these boots on to see if they FIT me. ugh, and then she rambled on saying " i saw you take those out. you better not walk out of the store with them. i have my eye on you." and i'm going, okay lady can you calm down. i'm not doing anything wrong. haha, but i was thinking that. and then throughout the whole store she was following me and my friend. through every single aisle. it was pretty scary and weird. so i just left the store cos i didn't want to deal with that old lady. and she was even complaining to one of the workers about me. she had major issues.

29-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^OMG What a nutty.

29-03-2009
tfs star

Hermes, they totally ignore you.

29-03-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEOClDE View Post
ughh, i was at target trying on these pair of boots and this old lady who didn't even work there was accusing me of "stealing" those boots just cos i took them out of their case and wanted to try them on. uhh, hello? i want to try these boots on to see if they FIT me. ugh, and then she rambled on saying " i saw you take those out. you better not walk out of the store with them. i have my eye on you." and i'm going, okay lady can you calm down. i'm not doing anything wrong. haha, but i was thinking that. and then throughout the whole store she was following me and my friend. through every single aisle. it was pretty scary and weird. so i just left the store cos i didn't want to deal with that old lady. and she was even complaining to one of the workers about me. she had major issues.
Sounds to me like she hadn't taken her meds ...

Speaking of annoying fellow customers, I was in the express line at the grocery store yesterday, and this guy in a Harley t-shirt cuts the entire line, sizes up which register will be available next, and goes and stands there. I saw him cutting in front of me, but thought there was a possibility he was with someone ahead of me ... ah, no. For some reason I just saw red, and so I called him out

I walked over and said in my most incredulous tone, Ah sir ... did you just cut in front of the entire line?!?! And he starts with some BS about he didn't realize it was a line, oh please He knew exactly, exactly what he was doing. I have no idea why it made me so mad, but it really did Steam was coming out of my ears.

30-03-2009
front row

^ What an idiot. Did he end up going back to the end of the line? It's infuriating how some people act like they're above everybody else and shouldn't have to wait for anything.

On topic with the thread... for me, American Apparel consistently has the WORST. customer service. I honestly don't know whether they're trained to act nonchalant about customers (no greetings, no offering to get you a dressing room, no offers to help you find an item) and unprofessional, but this is what I get from American Apparel 99% of the time from where I'm from. The only exception is the American Apparel location downtown, where the sales associates are friendly and helpful. Every other location in my city has apalling customer service. I don't even bother to ask for a changing room, I'll just automatically do it myself. Gah. Just thinking about it now irritates the begeezus out of me. It's the main reason why I buy all my AA items online (plus they have discounts available online). If the sales associates act like they can't be bothered with helping out their customers, why would I want to help support them? So many of them come off as very unfriendly and unapproachable.

Has anyone else experienced this with the AA stores in their city? Is anyone familiar with how AA employees are supposed to be trained when it comes to treating customers? I mean, I can definitely understand when employees don't want to seem like they're harassing their customers in order to make a sale, but the way a lot of them act makes it seem like they couldn't care less if they made any sales at all.

30-03-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I don't think we have AA here, so I don't have any experience with them ...

No, he did not proceed to the back of the line, she just continued checking him out ... but I bet he doesn't have the gall to do it again, or if he does, he will look around for me first

30-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ I don't think we have AA here, so I don't have any experience with them ...
No AA in San Francisco?

December25th I have felt your frustrations a few times...there are two AA's here, and one store has much friendlier staff, the other store from time to time has a SA that reminds me of wallpaper or cardboard who just is blank until you approach them for help. I dont know how they're trained to deal with customers, but they really act above it all, and its like, 'you're working, do your job, be a snotty hipster at night in your dark bar with your overpriced drinks, I just want to buy a hoodie'

30-03-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I was born in SF, but don't live there now

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst