How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks for posting that. The Chanel Soho boutique were always nice to me, it's the other location on Madison that when I went into last time I was ignored, and there were stains on the staircase like someone had spilled a ton of coffee.

09-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ A most interesting article ... dovetails with my observations at Neiman's this past week, where I hadn't been in years due to their ... snotty salespeople. There was a whole new attitude, with multiple friendly salespeople. There were still some old school ones, but guess what ... they weren't selling anything.

The service at the Bottega Veneta boutique here has been pretty consistently good since it opened--I have not seen a change there. Really only at Neimans has a change been noticeable to me ... but honestly, if they're rude, I generally just don't go back.

09-04-2009
fashion elite

Bebe has horrible customer service. I went in with my sister to bring back a blazer that still had tags on and everything and they accused me for about 10 minutes that I wore that blazer. It was ridiculous and I haven't bought anything from there since then.

tfs star

Neimans!! Not in all departments though, I will say the shoe people are lovely but there are a few departments where the salespeople are just sooo rude and snooty. Ew. I still shop there though. Humph.

10-04-2009
Power to the 99%

OMG, I just had to come share What just came through my mailslot but a thank you note from my SA at Neiman's I've gotten them from Nordstrom's, from Barney's, but in the 20 or so years since I first shopped at Neiman's, this is the first one I've seen from them :p Apparently this is their recession style ...

30-04-2009
V.I.P.

Mind if I ask which Neiman's you go to fashionista-ta? I would love to work for Neiman's...I'm very familiar with practically every skincare line they sell, and would just love to have an opportunity to be a SA behind a counter...there is one opening here in Washington, on the eastside, Bellevue, which is commonly referred to as the "Orange County of Seattle"...anyhow.

Later this morning I will be going into Nordstrom to return/exchange this $150 toner that I am convinced is giving me blackheads, and for that price I dont want it. Thing is I dont have the receipt, and I actually got it from their Bellevue location, but I'll be headed downtown. I hope I dont get any problems, sometimes they make it such a hassle if you dont have a receipt, even though their return policy has in the past been, "No questions asked..."

Any suggestions from anyone as to how to kill someone with kindness when you're treated rudely so that you dont sink to their level? I'll scout out the Cosmetics area first to look for someone friendly, but if I come across somebody rude, I need to be prepared, and I generally dont speak up, so today I need to...*knock on wood*

30-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Usually Northpark, but I've occasionally shopped at a couple others too.

If you get someone well-trained at Nordstrom's, usually all you need is a little patience to keep guiding them toward the option that is best for you

PS If you've got the sticker, you don't need the receipt ... unless it's been awhile? Btw, what were you thinking spending $150 on toner For $150 I want it to speak words of wisdom that will change my life

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 30-04-2009 at 09:20 PM.
30-04-2009
V.I.P.

It really IS ridiculous. And impulsive. I have bad impulses with skincare. I returned it and got an Erno Laszlo one for $39.00 and some Evian spray. It had a lovely smell but that's really not a good thing for my skin, fragrance...anyway I'm starting to post like I'm in a skincare thread...

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

Tiffany & Co on Wall Street in Manhattan.

Gosh, you'd think the women working there are at a singles bar and thought helping *female* customers wouldn't get them the ring so why bother.

11-10-2009
Once King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvystone View Post
I thought this was really interesting..

online.wsj
i wonder which salesman it was in Towson that helped the lady and her husband. hmm, probably Rodney.

03-01-2010
V.I.P.

Oh fun thread to update...

And to see and re-read my posts, my god..

Neiman-Marcus Bellevue --ONE girl at La Prairie counter named Cherie (La Prairie people are very well-trained) was the only SA that impressed me.

Do you really want this long story? I wanted a Gift with Purchase for a Natura Bisse item, you get some of their terrific Diamond line products and this sleeping sachet eye mask filled with lavender and very comforting, anyhow...this was a Neiman's exclusive and I got on the phone with the Natura Bisse rep, she did have one Diamond gift left, I told her over the phone what I would be coming in to purchase and some of the items were not Natura Bisse, one line, Omorovicza, is sold at Neiman's.
She hadn't heard of it. Wouldnt you be AWARE of what else is sold at your store in Cosmetics? Anyhow, I had to spell it for her, so she said she'd look for it, I did tell her that when I was coming in and she said she would not be there so it would be 'in the back' set aside with 'hold' on it, or some nonsense. She also mentioned after I discussed shaving (this was the Omorovicza shave I mentioned) that the Natura Bisse Rosa Mosqueta Oil was very healing for after waxing (I dont wax anything ) and shaving, and so she'd make me a sample. She also mentioned this SA Cherie, who would be there the day I came in, and would be aware of me picking it up.

The day of the purchase since she was not there I just gravitated to the first woman standing between two counters who was doing nothing it appeared. It was about 11 a.m. but there was hardly anyone in the store. She went to Natura Bisse area and couldnt find it. She had actually never even heard of the product I was there to buy.
There were two other SA's just chatting off to the left about how they hoped they'd "Have a good rush from the lunch crowd"...it was so dead.

I mentioned Cherie knowing where this product would be, she came over from somewhere and told the woman who was helping me that the Natura Bisse rep had never told her anything.

We eventually looked at a Product Inventory Book of the Natura Bisse products of some sort and I found what I wanted, it wasnt in the case, but then the woman helping me came back with the gift she'd found finally in the back and rang me up, the total was not what I'd calculated it to be because the product I came in for had been discontinued and I'd not been told that, so the rep on the phone had just put in an item of her choosing!!

Maybe I'll finish this story later if anyone cares...

07-01-2010
V.I.P.

I hate it when you bring items back and they detect the clothes with every inch of their life.

07-01-2010
V.I.P.

Oh and this has nothing to do with clothes store, but these stories remind me of this one time when I was younger when I went to pharmacy and I had my back to a stack to a the aisle and I was just playfully touching the toothpaste without a care in the world and the womanvshouted "What are you doing?!" and I replied "You honestly think I'm hatchinh a mastermind plan to steal...toothpaste?! I only touched the toothpaste!" and I walked out, not buying what I planned on purchasing.

Random I know.

07-01-2010
fashion insider

I hate when you bring things back and they spend ages trying to persuade you that don't actually want to bring it back (YSL counter at Selfridges I'm looking at you)

front row

Zara is usually awful.. I once bought a white coat there and on my way home it started raining. I thought of putting on the coat so I took off the labels, but then decided against it because I was afraid i'd get it dirty. The following days I was still afraid to wear it so I decided it'd be best if I brought it back, it hadn't been taken out of the bag yet.

I had the receipt, the labels and even the original bag, I hadn't done as much as touch the coat. She started to examine it from bottom to top, taking nearly five minutes.
I told her I hadn't worn the coat yet, it had only been crinkled because it had been in that bag for three days, she just ignored me and continued looking for ANYTHING suspicious.

My friend who was with me got really frustrated and said she couldn't believe the rudeness of the SA.
Later, another SA came up to us and started to examine the coat as well.
I got really frustrated and said: "If I had worn that coat even once it would have been more than obvious, the coat is white as snow, it would've gotten at least a spot. It's only crinkled because it's in the bag, what are you still looking for?"

She then said that the labels were taken off and she couldn't take it back, I told her she was being ridiculous and had no reason not to take it back, it hadn't been worn and I still had the labels.
She reluctantly agreed, saying she'd make an exception..

I understand they can't just take anything back, but it was so obvious that I hadn't worn the coat so it just pissed me off a great deal.

Last edited by xFashionfollower; 07-01-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst