How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
01-11-2010
  316
front row
 
CosiDiModa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin de Lune View Post
I haven't encountered any issues as yet with most of the stores that I shop with (returns/complaints, etc), nor have I had to contact any online-only stores, so not much insight to offer there, but:

The staff at Next make me furious, each time I visit the store they hover over me as if I might be a shoplifter. You feel as if eyes are upon you constantly, and sometimes it has made me simply walk out of the store. They approach customers far too often in store, touting the catalogue and asking for personal details, etc. Just so annoying, like it gets in the way of your personal space, if you know what I mean.
I work at Next and we get told we have to approach customers on the floor etc. It annoys me too because I hate being hassled when I'm trying to shop. Even when we were getting assessed, I was told by my manager that the only reason I wasn't given the green light was because I wasn't approaching customers enough on the floor. So now, yes, I have also become another annoying member of staff

  Reply With Quote
 
01-11-2010
  317
front row
 
CosiDiModa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 213
I don't like my Topshop's customer service either. SAs are mostly rude and act like they are doing us customers a huge favour by doing their jobs. It annoys the crap out of me. And yeah, they do dress terribly for people who get to choose their uniform from the store.
I love love love the girls at my local Oasis though. They're soo friendly and lovely! Didn't make me feel like an idiot at all for going in to try a pair of shoes on every day for a week before I actually bought them lol.

  Reply With Quote
01-11-2010
  318
V.I.P.
 
Jenna-maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally posted by Eple

I went into Juicy Couture on madison av. with some girlfriends and though I am not a fan of the brand I almost felt like I HAD to buy something. There was a SA who was so over-friendly and me and my friends could hardly talk to eachother because she was always breathing down our neck commenting on everything and how amazing all the items were. She was like two feet behind us at ALL times and it was crazy annoying. My friend bought a sweater because she felt bad for the girl but we didn't even go through the whole store because she was soooo annoying we just wanted to leave.


Oh god, that is so annoying and baaaaad customer service even tough they might mean good. But I hate someone breathing on my neck, asking and telling stuff and not leaving me alone. If that happens in some store I stay away from it for good!

H&M generally have sale women who are in bad mood all the time.

The best service is at Weekday and Monki stores. Especially at Weekday, they are helpful and smile but do not force me to buy anything and leave me alone if I do not need their help.

__________________
Daria Werbowy, Mila Kunis, Eva Green, Angelina Jolie
  Reply With Quote
01-11-2010
  319
front row
 
CosiDiModa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post

H&M generally have sale women who are in bad mood all the time.
omg I forgot about h&m! Their SAs are actually worse than Topshop! Sooo unpleasant. And I remember asking one of them about the designer collaborations coming to the store and she was confused as hell. I knew more about their stock than they did! Must be said though, I find male SAs nicer than the girls.

  Reply With Quote
01-11-2010
  320
scenester
 
furryboots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Gender: femme
Posts: 66
lf. . .they always trail you around and they must be instructed to compliment at least one item of clothing per customer because they have every single time i've walked in. one girl picked out tons of clothing for me and stood outside the dressing room and kept making me show her the outfits she had put together and babbling on about them. i felt so awkward. waaay too much.

  Reply With Quote
02-11-2010
  321
V.I.P.
 
Psylocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,981
^Yes, I totally fell for that yesterday, too. The SA in some annoying store complimented my shoes when I walked in and I seriously thought it was a genuine compliment since the shoes I was wearing are pretty damn cool (the Chloé Susan knock offs) and I get compliments for them a lot. But I realized the was talking BS when she said they were so fitting for the season, since they were so sparkly! Err, what's supposed to be sparkly about autumn? She then went on to show me everything they had in store even though I told her I just wanted to look around. I wasn't looking for anything and whatever she'd show me I'd tell her I hated, but she would just no give up. It was so annoying. I actually felt bad for her because I know she has to do it but I sure as hell will never go back into that store again!

I actually thought the SAs in the Oxford Circus Topshop were really nice. As a tourist I obviously spent hours in there and everyone was friendly and ready to help. The SAs at All Saints were great, too.

Zara and H&M seem to have bad customer service worldwide. I'm sure it's not entirely their fault but they really never know anything about their stock and where to find something. It can be quite frustrating.

  Reply With Quote
02-11-2010
  322
front row
 
CosiDiModa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 213
^^that's quite funny you say that about Topshop in Oxford Circus because when I was complaining to my friend (who lives in London) about the SAs in my Topshop (I think the guy was very rude to me), she told me that she was really surprised because loves the SAs in Oxford Circus too!

And, at my work, even though we get told to approach customers we don't get told that we have to pay compliments. If I don't like what someone's wearing I just stay quiet and offer assistance but I do pay genuine compliments to customers if I like something they have on

  Reply With Quote
02-11-2010
  323
Once King
 
Desi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Baltimore
Gender: homme
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosiDiModa View Post
omg I forgot about h&m! Their SAs are actually worse than Topshop! Sooo unpleasant. And I remember asking one of them about the designer collaborations coming to the store and she was confused as hell. I knew more about their stock than they did! Must be said though, I find male SAs nicer than the girls.
that is bound to happen, you post on the internet. To be honest I don't check the new releases on my job's website everyday nor do I work every morning when they go over what is new from shipment that day.

On the other hand I knew the exact week the buy 2 get 1 free on videogames was going on in Toys r Us and the employees in the game section didn't know two days before it started. Power of the internet.


Last edited by Desi; 02-11-2010 at 02:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote
04-11-2010
  324
V.I.P.
 
Jenna-maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
^Yes, I totally fell for that yesterday, too. The SA in some annoying store complimented my shoes when I walked in and I seriously thought it was a genuine compliment since the shoes I was wearing are pretty damn cool (the Chloé Susan knock offs) and I get compliments for them a lot. But I realized the was talking BS when she said they were so fitting for the season, since they were so sparkly! Err, what's supposed to be sparkly about autumn? She then went on to show me everything they had in store even though I told her I just wanted to look around. I wasn't looking for anything and whatever she'd show me I'd tell her I hated, but she would just no give up. It was so annoying. I actually felt bad for her because I know she has to do it but I sure as hell will never go back into that store again!

I actually thought the SAs in the Oxford Circus Topshop were really nice. As a tourist I obviously spent hours in there and everyone was friendly and ready to help. The SAs at All Saints were great, too.

Zara and H&M seem to have bad customer service worldwide. I'm sure it's not entirely their fault but they really never know anything about their stock and where to find something. It can be quite frustrating.
I had same experience at Oxford circus TopShop!
I actually was actually lost there and they helped me to find way out hahah

yes, Zara and h&m theeeee worst!!!!!!!!

__________________
Daria Werbowy, Mila Kunis, Eva Green, Angelina Jolie
  Reply With Quote
04-11-2010
  325
front row
 
Lapin de Lune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosiDiModa View Post
I work at Next and we get told we have to approach customers on the floor etc. It annoys me too because I hate being hassled when I'm trying to shop. Even when we were getting assessed, I was told by my manager that the only reason I wasn't given the green light was because I wasn't approaching customers enough on the floor. So now, yes, I have also become another annoying member of staff
I had kind of guessed this, so never really blamed the poor staff

nowhere is worse than the BodyShop for this, actually. I'm almost scared to go in there now: if you're not extremely assertive, they literally force you into purchases that you wouldnt have even thought of. Pity, because I love that store, and this weird attitude really ruins the otherwise ethically conscious element for me.


Last edited by Lapin de Lune; 04-11-2010 at 02:36 AM.
  Reply With Quote
04-11-2010
  326
front row
 
CosiDiModa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
that is bound to happen, you post on the internet. To be honest I don't check the new releases on my job's website everyday nor do I work every morning when they go over what is new from shipment that day.

On the other hand I knew the exact week the buy 2 get 1 free on videogames was going on in Toys r Us and the employees in the game section didn't know two days before it started. Power of the internet.
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the staff to know everything. It was more of the fact that she didn't care to answer me or try to find out. If someone asks you a question regarding your products and you don't know the answer, I think the least you can do is attempt to ask another member of staff who may know. Her response was more 'errr, I dae ken'.

  Reply With Quote
27-11-2010
  327
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,910
Michael Kors in Santa Monica!
I went yesterday to buy my boyfriend a watch.
The staff was rowdy and playing around.
They were throwing things back and foward, finally
I was hit on the back on my neck. I was soo embarrassed
and upset. I asked for the girl's name who threw the object at me.
she was trying to bribe me by giving me free Michael Kor's bags.
I refused to accept any gifts.

I reported her to corporate and the the district manager.
Monday i'll be reporting the incident to the Better Business Bureau.

Luckily, everything was on camera.


Last edited by á la Balenciaga; 27-11-2010 at 08:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
28-11-2010
  328
kabhi alvida
 
impossibleprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,604
Topshop Oxford Circus - depends on who you get, but it can be awful. E.g. for the black crystal sweater I just bought, I needed to ask the Information desk to get me a ten. There were none out. After a very bitchy dude slagged off his colleagues in front of me for not doing it themselves (they had sent me to him), he then eventually conceded that he would run down and get it (gee thanks, seeing as I'm paying the store for the top, not just walking out with it for free), and told me to come back in 15.

15 minutes later, I approach the desk. Bitchy dude says in an annoyed tone: "I haven't even gone down yet! I'm going down now!" Ok, I think, I will just shop around a bit more. 5 minutes later, he still hasn't gone down, I can see from the corner of my eye. So I walked out, and left it. Well done, Topshop, you've just lost my money! I eventually bought the stop from the Strand.

They act like they're so damn special at Oxford Circus, but the job application process isn't even hard - I know, because I did it, and was offered a job, when I was 18. You do a phone interview, a group interview (in which you style a mannequin as a group and a few other activities), and a one to one. If you know and enjoy fashion, this is not difficult at all.

If anyone from TS is reading this, he was on duty at the Info desk a few Sundays ago, 2-3pm ish.

Having said all of the above, sometimes I come across some lovely SA's. Like a girl on the lower ground floor the other day who was apologising profusely for the long delays in the queue, etc. Awww!

__________________
The world is moving so fast now that we start freaking long before our parents did because we don't ever stop to breathe anymore. the last kiss
  Reply With Quote
05-12-2010
  329
scenester
 
LondonisFlawless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London
Gender: femme
Posts: 50
I have had good experiences in Zara, i just can't stand the staff in Hermes on Bond St. They need to get over themselves, they don't own the company.

  Reply With Quote
05-03-2011
  330
chaos reigns
 
ultramarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,494
Zara is the worst .. hands down .. and in here .. the girls at Swarovski and Benetton especially are a darling!

__________________
Have you rated this thread yet?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.