How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-11-2006
trendsetter

I agree with ZARA. They are never friendly and always understaffed

27-11-2006
trendsetter

The Prada store in Toronto has very bad customer service, everytime! I walked in and the moment I stepped in someone rushed to my side and said, "Is your Mother coming in? Are you lost? I don't think you belong in here." THANKS BUDDY I glared at her the rest of our time in the store. Then my cousin stepped in and bought some expensive bag and we left together :p BITE THAT.

Last edited by Ieva; 27-11-2006 at 05:58 PM.
27-11-2006
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEAPandCHIC
I agree with ZARA. They are never friendly and always understaffed
I don't expect much from Zara though, since for the most part, the associates on the floor aren't there to assist, theyre only there to stock and keep the clothes looking tidy.

28-11-2006
V.I.P.

i remember going into the niemans here in boston and asking at the lancome counter for an oil free moisturizer. she said the only oil free one they had was la mer. i laughed out loud.

i dont like niemans because you have to pay by american express, cash or a niemans charge card. totally bogus. i hope theyve changed this rule.

i think nordstroms has excellent service. and they have a sku# search system where they can search every store for whatever you are looking for and have it shipped to you.

and i tend to agree that the older the salesperson is the more attitude they'll give you.

28-11-2006
scenester

My theory, and anyone feel free to debate me on this because I have no hard facts, is that, especially at the trendier stores, staff is hired primarily based on the way they look. This leaves better-qualified people who don't fit "the image" out in the dust. I notice this at places like Urban Outfitters and Steve Madden, two stores I always hesitate to go into. The stores I've been to, the SAs seem too immature to relate to their customers like human beings. Granted, these stores' customer base is also younger and sometimes immature. Perhaps the SAs' rudeness is a coping mechanism.

On a more positive note, for the most part, I've always gotten great, friendly service at any Barney's Co-op that I've been to. And I almost never buy anything.

28-11-2006
backstage pass

Le Chateau in stone road mall Guelph. The manager hit me with a large metal pole once and didn't even say anything. They always act like you aren't good enough to shop there. It's really strange.

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
i remember going into the niemans here in boston and asking at the lancome counter for an oil free moisturizer. she said the only oil free one they had was la mer. i laughed out loud.

i dont like niemans because you have to pay by american express, cash or a niemans charge card. totally bogus. i hope theyve changed this rule.

i think nordstroms has excellent service. and they have a sku# search system where they can search every store for whatever you are looking for and have it shipped to you.

and i tend to agree that the older the salesperson is the more attitude they'll give you.
Actually at Neiman's you can use your debit card of whatever flavor, but most of the employees don't know it & will often tell you you're wrong even though I know this for a fact because I've done it

Btw, that SKU system is universal and virtually every store CAN do it, it's just a matter of WILL they ...

I agree, Nordstrom's is good, though not perfect ...

28-11-2006
tfs star

Maybe the reason the SA's at Zara are so pissy is because they don't get a discount.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
I've been treated badly at A/X in the OC too. I don't get it. I know my old manager just moved there and told me that they work off commission. If they are, than they ought to give some attention to their customers.
LOL My Cousin says the one in DC is like that she was like" this is Armani EXCHANGE this isnt even a real armani store." I think its funny when they have an attitude at A/X. Usually the type of ppl in A/X stores with attitudes are getting their first taste of a luxury IMO an think that is how you are supposed to act but I must say the Armani Exchanges in Dallas an especially Houston have very nice sales ppl probably because they have Emporio & Giorgio at the same mall to keep them in check hahaha

29-11-2006
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
This is truly annoying... I went there to pick up a few things and wanted to pay with my non-US MC/bank card. When the SA told me she would have to take my card to their office on another floor or something to swipe it, I just couldn't believe it...

So I took my business elsewhere, why should I have to wait around because they have retarded routines...?

backstage pass

I think Barneys.com has bad customer service only because it takes DAYS for them to reply to your order and twice they've canceled because they were out of stock. I could have gotten it somewhere else if they told me that right away, but by that time the items were sold out everywhere.

08-12-2006
V.I.P.

Ralph Lauren still. I got a HUGE eyeroll when I wanted to return a $800 cashmere sweater...I was thinking to myself "You know, if you had any sense you would try to turn this sale over" it's not like Im returning pennies here, Im obviously a client of yours don't treat me badly. Whatever, Im glad Im over Ralph Lauren anyway.

Ralph Lauren!!!!!!

09-12-2006
blue

thomas pink.

when you're a 20 something asian girl, they dont treat you seriously.

i mean.
me and my friends walk in to that store whenever we are BUYING. 100%.

and everytime we get the same treatment.
being ignored. SAs looking after other "wealthy looking, old enough, white" customers.

obviously i dont go to the store every day, so im not close to the SAs, but i do buy every time i go there (once every few months id say).....

rising star

I've had it with the H&M online shop. This week I finally got the chance to order the Viktor and Rolf trenchcoat. I filled in my discount code, which means the price went down from a 100 euros to 75. At the check-out the discount was gone. So I phoned them. The guy went crazy on me for using that same discount code several times. It doesn't say you can only use it once, also they're system allows is. So I don't feel it's my fault.

Anyway, I didn't care about the discount anymore, I just wanted the coat. A day later I checked my orderstatus, and they deleted my order. I phoned again. According to them there must have been more people trying to get the coat at the exact same time. I've heard that story before, but if that happens you get to see it at the checkout. If it's gone, it means someone was a little faster ordering it. But I even got an email saying my order had been confirmed.

I don't get it haha. But I'm not going to order anything from that site anymore.

12-12-2006
V.I.P.

I work in retail (Bath and Body Works) and these stories are horrifying.

Never once have I had to deal with rude, witchy salespeople at ANY place I have ever shopped. I always get treated with respect and happy people, even if I'm just looking. And great customer service is one of the tenets of our company and no matter how many people are in the store, we still have to offer the same customer service. That is what turns customers into repeat customers, not only the products, but the quality of the staff.

spinster-I have heard many stories about stores that base the looks of the candidate as a factor, and it tends to be more of the teen stores. I've heard the stories about how some people who apply at Abercrombie don't get far in the process because they don't have that look. That's why I do not frequent those stores.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst