How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2006
backstage pass

Oh my god...this is what I experienced at bloomingdales in San Francisco today:

Today I was just expecting to drive in the car and pick up a friend from downtown San Francisco, so I was just wearing a pair of converse and a Hanes sweatsuit.

By the time I found a parking spot, my friend had stated that she had to hurry and return an item at bloomingdales. I didn't want to stay in the car so I had entered the store with her.

I had found a pair of shoes that I liked and tried it on. The worker at bloomingdales had asked, "how do you like them?" so I replied and stated that I didn't like quality of the shoe. The worker said with a snobby tone; "uuuhhh? These shoes are better quality than your outfit"

:furiou s:

19-12-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa314
I think Balenciaga NY because they're the only boutique in the States.

I would like to see Saturday Night Live parody their sales associates just like they did with "Jeffrey" in NY too.
BalNY either has the greatest SA's or some of the rudest. I usually work with Daphne, she's absolutely sweet and extremely helpful, sometimes I wonder if i just buy bags from that store because of her sweetness . I've also heard a lot of great things about Joseph and Sarah. There are other SA's in that store I've had bad experiences with though...

As much as I love the store, I find Barneys NY to just have the most "blah" SA's.

Last edited by dannyboy0828; 19-12-2006 at 09:38 AM.
19-12-2006
V.I.P.

Allius!! O M G!! Trauma.

Barney's SAs are very...Blah...I do think one on the designer floor is cute though.

Uhm, Dior Homme has questionable service, they're quite...Offensive, until you warm up to them, also seeing the SA make faces behind the other customers backs is a little...Concerning. They are nice though, very helpful and efficient once you break them in, like a pair of shoes. Also, they like snicker to your face and Im like "Just ring me up, that was the easiest sale youve had in weeks"

19-12-2006
fashion insider

Most boutiques in Zurich have snobby SA's. Most notably PRADA. You enter the store and you ARE invisible to them. Even when you ask for help they hesitate.

19-12-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Uhm, Dior Homme has questionable service, they're quite...Offensive, until you warm up to them, also seeing the SA make faces behind the other customers backs is a little...Concerning. They are nice though, very helpful and efficient once you break them in, like a pair of shoes. Also, they like snicker to your face and Im like "Just ring me up, that was the easiest sale youve had in weeks"
Maybe it was just because I was on the phone but I found the Dior Homme SA that I spoke to very helpful. I was looking for something specific for a gift and although it was sold out he gave me some options and wasn't snotty when I said they weren't quite what I was looking for.

By far the worst "customer service" I've experienced to date was at largarconne.com. If you're getting publicity in numerous magazines it might be a good idea to actually return calls from customers who say "I want to but this...just have a question about the sizing"...about 2 weeks now and no response, I don't need Repettos that badly.

20-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Barney's SAs are very...Blah...I do think one on the designer floor is cute though.

I've never had a problem with SAs at Barney's... the ones at the Dallas store are quite friendly, I find, and not intimidating at all.

20-12-2006
front row

I've never had a problem with bad customer service, really, I've always been lucky. The worst was a really, really pushy salesgirl at Sephora with fake eyelashes (that, with her eyes open, extended up PAST her eyebrows - and to make it worse, they were so spread out and there was NOTHING inbetween, like she'd removed all of her real eyeleashes) that kept insisting that yes, I WAS wearing mascara and I MUST tell her what brand..

The best service ever was at the Chanel counter in Neiman Marcus in Boston, this one guy - tall, shaved head, dressed entirely in black - was the sweetest, most helpful person I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

20-12-2006
Wanderlust

Dolce & Gabbana in NYC. Several of the SA's seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. However, all of the Versace stores I have been to have been extremely caring, personal, and absolutely cordial. That's part of the reason I like to shop there.

20-12-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allius
Oh my god...this is what I experienced at bloomingdales in San Francisco today:

Today I was just expecting to drive in the car and pick up a friend from downtown San Francisco, so I was just wearing a pair of converse and a Hanes sweatsuit.

By the time I found a parking spot, my friend had stated that she had to hurry and return an item at bloomingdales. I didn't want to stay in the car so I had entered the store with her.

I had found a pair of shoes that I liked and tried it on. The worker at bloomingdales had asked, "how do you like them?" so I replied and stated that I didn't like quality of the shoe. The worker said with a snobby tone; "uuuhhh? These shoes are better quality than your outfit"

:furiou s:

NO WAY!!!!

fashion elite

I agree about the DH sales people. Under all of their bullshit they are actually nice, but there is SO much **** you have to put up with to get to that. I guess it is the rare combination of the snobyness of a luxury brand mixed with the arogance of young hipsters. There is one guy there that speak portugese (I think) who is pretty nice to me now, but he used to be nasty. The really queer blonde guy is the worsed.

I always find that Barney's sales help on the designer floor is always pretty good. Scott is a sweetheart, and the new crew they seemed to have recruited over the last few months is really good too. A few of them border on Jeffrey's style pushy, but its better than the way the *******s in Co-Op act. They hire the least helpful and least cool people to work on that floor.

I think the absolute worsed service in town is at Calvin Klein. I think they are so used to not making sales that they don't even remember how to spot a potential buyer. Absolutely no acknowledgement or help from any of the SAs, and they are snooty when you ask a question.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janal
oooommmggg, that happened to me last week!! they emailed me the day after i placed an order to say that they couldn't verify my card. i rang them straight away and i asked the guy if i could use another card. he then said that the item was sold out! i wasn't even given a chance to repurchase the item!
I kept bothering them and bothering them and finally they got someone to call my credit card company and verify the information. So now I can order from Saks.

backstage pass

whomever said barneys.com, AMEN!!!!
don't shop there. i finally received my item, but damn, that took a while.
nobody responded to my e-mails. finally decided to call, the customer service rep was of no real help. said he would call me back once he had more info, had to speak with his manager or something. never called. i called again, and finally shite was taking care of.

i was about to complain, that maybe it's because i'm hispanic, but then i remember it's online.

well....my name could have given me away.

21-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
I agree about the DH sales people. Under all of their bullshit they are actually nice, but there is SO much **** you have to put up with to get to that. I guess it is the rare combination of the snobyness of a luxury brand mixed with the arogance of young hipsters. There is one guy there that speak portugese (I think) who is pretty nice to me now, but he used to be nasty. The really queer blonde guy is the worsed.

I always find that Barney's sales help on the designer floor is always pretty good. Scott is a sweetheart, and the new crew they seemed to have recruited over the last few months is really good too. A few of them border on Jeffrey's style pushy, but its better than the way the *******s in Co-Op act. They hire the least helpful and least cool people to work on that floor.

I think the absolute worsed service in town is at Calvin Klein. I think they are so used to not making sales that they don't even remember how to spot a potential buyer. Absolutely no acknowledgement or help from any of the SAs, and they are snooty when you ask a question.
YES, he is. The blonde one was snooty when I asked to have my size pulled but then he was sooo nice and brought me water etc. You just have to work them.

The only Barney's SA who I like is the straight guy in the designer shoes, he's really no-frills and I like that. In and out. Sweet and simple.

The first bit about CK is frickin hilarious.

22-12-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy0828
BalNY either has the greatest SA's or some of the rudest. I usually work with Daphne, she's absolutely sweet and extremely helpful, sometimes I wonder if i just buy bags from that store because of her sweetness ...
You are right dannyboy. Daphne is a sweetie and helpful.

She should give the others a seminar on, "How to give great customer service."

Last edited by Lisa314; 22-12-2006 at 02:45 PM.
13-01-2007
V.I.P.

planet blue on montana in santa monica is a very trendy boutique with a high end clientele but the customer service is horrible!! the snobbery and arrogance is through the roof. i went there once and never went back no matter how enticing the clothes in the window are. i've heard from other boutique owners on montana that many people have had the same experience. not sure if it's the same at the one on main street or in malibu. but i really wonder why the SA's feel the need to be more snobby than the customers.

on the other hand, i am so well treated by SAs in almost every other boutique on montana. i am much more willing to spend my money at stores where people greet me nicely, remember me when i come back, send me post cards thanking me for my purchase, and call me to let me know about sales.

le rêve est réalité...
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst