How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar
That's so weird, because last time I was in there, they were really friendly to me. Could have just been the front door boy flirting, but they seemed really helpful. Especially considering that some D-List chick from some D-List E! reality series was in their at the same time.

I think consistancy in customer experience is something that is lacking in most stores though.
Yeah, they've always been great to me there! I was in the store once when Rachel Bilson and Adam Brody were there and I still had a few salespeople helping me choose which bag to get.

16-01-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allius
I would say the worst service is at Neiman Marcus

I feel whenever I go there, I must dress up in order to get help. Because when I go shopping...I GO SHOPPING...so whenever I shop, I like to dress down and where very comfortable shoes (usually beat up converse) from all the walking i'm going to be doing.

And one time I wanted to buy this dolce&gabbana shirt and I asked "Excuse me, where are the fitting rooms?" and the worker said "You know that shirt is expensive right?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allius
I had found a pair of shoes that I liked and tried it on. The worker at bloomingdales had asked, "how do you like them?" so I replied and stated that I didn't like quality of the shoe. The worker said with a snobby tone; "uuuhhh? These shoes are better quality than your outfit"
That's terrible! I would definitely complain and let them know how ridiculous they were being

Quote:
all i ask is that when i walk into a store, you let me browse in peace.

given that, 99.999% of retail stores fail miserably
I agree =) That's my shopping preference - let me browse in peace, but if I ask you a question/ask for some help, then please give me some help.

16-01-2007
V.I.P.

The employees at the Neiman Marcus in Boston are pretty rude.

I actually think the employees at SA are nicer.

16-01-2007
V.I.P.

i detest the service at the niemans in boston. the folks at saks at barneys are much nicer.

17-01-2007
backstage pass

^ I didn't enjoy shopping at Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas on the Third Floor - where the jeans and contemporary labels are kept. They start off being intrusively pushy and then just drop off - unprofessional! It doesn't help that the shopping there is poor compared to what I am used to - lots of Summer sale racks even in September!

17-01-2007
front row

i think Neiman's in general have a bad rep for customer service. I'm used to shopping at Nordstrom where they do everything but wipe your ***, and I spend a lot of money on La Prairie at Nordstrom Store #4 in Bellevue, WA and so I expect that type of service when I'm there and I always receive it.

The only Neiman's where I found the people were not rude was the Honolulu store. The women in cosmetics there are lovely and so well-mannered and polite, and the SA's in men's and women's apparel were also very nice people. Maybe its that they're not attached to the US, I dont know, but I hated the service at the Neiman's in SF and not including one rather fabulous guy named Courtney at the store in BH, that store could use an intervention on customer service as well.

Oh and Versace has never been overly nice, either...the one on Fifth Ave particularly. No one acknowledged me and I was ready to spend a lot of money in there. Now I think Versace's pretty tacky and wouldnt spend a dime on their clothing, accessories, or anything for that matter.

17-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna minor
Oh and Versace has never been overly nice, either...the one on Fifth Ave particularly. No one acknowledged me and I was ready to spend a lot of money in there. Now I think Versace's pretty tacky and wouldnt spend a dime on their clothing, accessories, or anything for that matter.
They were soo nice to me at that mVersace!! I was being soo rude too, yapping on my cell phone, insulting the fake-me-out J12s to the SAs face...they were still really nice and really helpful, I bought nothing (as it is still Versace!) But I did eyeball a few things I wouldnt mind having.

Where else? OH, the Bally in Tysons Galleria, soooooooooo nice, so nice, not pushy at all, and very very knowledgeable. The Gucci in Chevy Chase, really nice too. Vuitton in Chevy Chase was soooo pushy, desperation rears its ugly head (They still have the Monogram Fringe from last year!!).

17-01-2007
Naturellement pulpeuse

Brown's, the SA (who looks like some kind of middle manager) follows me like a puppy-dog, but when I ask him anything he knows nothing. Doesn't know who Rick Owens is.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
i detest the service at the niemans in boston. the folks at saks at barneys are much nicer.
I haven't shopped at Barneys yet, so I don't, but SA is always nice to me even when I look like a mess after work

The associates at NM are just plain disrespectful. It is not so much they are snotty, but they are just unprofessional.

23-01-2007
fashion insider

I don't recall any horrible customer service...But I hate it when the salespeople treat us customers like we're infringing on their social life. Like, today at Sephora the salesgirl was asking me all these questions about this exfoliant while she was checking me out. And, suddenly, in the middle of talking with me she starts talking with a friend of hers who appeared out of nowhere right behind me while I'm checking out. And she totally ingores me and practically shoves the bag at me without another word as she continues to converse with this guy. And she did that earlier as well when she was helping me find a certain shade of lipstick....one minute she's practically drooling all over me trying to help and the next she just walked off without even telling me what shade of lipstick it was. I had to literally walk through the store to find her and stand next to her until she finished her conversation (with another friend) to ask her about the shade.

It's nothing huge but it just rubbed me the wrong way...it made me feel like I was a child instead of a paying customer

fashion icon

i come from a wealthy family but i don't always dress like that. whenever they do that or look down on you, i'm thinking

UHM A SALESPERSON. DO YOU NEED TO GO TO COLLEGE FOR THAT? ARE YOU SALESPEOPLE RICH? (cause they're so snobby)

my parents could buy everything in the store in a heartbeat.

22-02-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG
i come from a wealthy family but i don't always dress like that. whenever they do that or look down on you, i'm thinking

UHM A SALESPERSON. DO YOU NEED TO GO TO COLLEGE FOR THAT? ARE YOU SALESPEOPLE RICH? (cause they're so snobby)

Maybe they get tired of waiting on people who walk around thinking they can buy everything? This isn't meant to be a personal attack, I just find this post incredibly offensive, did you go to college to be born into a rich family?

windowshopping

Quote:

I know what you mean... my friend and I were in Vegas and we were at Manolo Blahnik, and my friend was dressed in a tank and jeans. The sa a looked her up and down and kind of rolled his eyes. I'm thinking she works at a global investment banking firm and you are some guy selling women's shoes hmmm...

23-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:

Wealth can't buy class...

24-02-2007
tfs star

Yeah condescending attitudes from people just because they can afford everything is never nice...I always remember one time this silly woman left her mega expensive Chanel sunglasses in the store and she came back looking for them and when I handed them to her she said, "oh good, you have NO IDEA how expensive these are". I'm not stupid nor ignorant of brands simply because I happen to be working in retail!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst