How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2007
backstage pass

Yeah, working in retail makes you a better customer in a lot of ways, but then I also get bothered by things I probably wouldn't have had I never worked in retail. But then retail hell makes you bitter.

Like when the SA's are completely ignoring me even when I need help and I'm thinking "I could NEVER get away with that at my job!"

Most of them that aren't immediately friendly (excluding total snobs) will be nice once they realize you see them and talk to them as one human being to another and not a servent. Nordstrom's has nicer SA's then some of their competitors. Coach SA's are a toss-up, but at least will pay attention to you even if they are looking down their nose at you the whole time. I chose a bag from the Coach store as opposed to Kate Spade on Valentine's Day in part because the SA at Kate Spade didn't say anything to me even though we were in there a good 15 minutes and most of that time it was just my BF and me. Though after she was done ignoring us, she did bother to suspiciously eye me while I opened up and tried on bags. The Coach store was packed yet an SA still managed to come around after awhile.

Sometimes I think the problem is that the SA's in nice stores are used to snobby demanding customers and so are on the defense and the self conscious shoppers who feel looked down upon act snobby when they go in there as their own defense mechanism and it all becomes one giant mess of egos.

Last edited by Amara; 09-05-2007 at 01:22 AM.

09-05-2007
tfs star

^ great points. I especially love the giant mess of egos description

11-05-2007
front row

Just thought I would post this in here--- I have never had trouble with azaleasf.com before until today. I ordered a pair of shoes from them and got them today, they were the wrong size. I called the customer service line and they told me that a girl thought the shoes were running small so they sent me the larger pair. Didn't call me and ask if that was o.k. just sent the shoes. THey were a size too big, and now they are sold out of my size. THis makes me angry.

27-05-2007
the crying of humanity

I recently purchased a pair of shoes from Overstock.com and was appalled at their terrible customer service. The shoes were a 1/2 size too large, so I sent them an email asking if I could return them for a 7 1/2. They sent me a reply stating that they "need more information", though they failed to give me specifics. After I said that I wasn't sure what they meant, they said they will let me return the shoes for my money back (although I did have to pay an $8 return fee), but I couldn't exchange them for a size 7 1/2.

I thought that was pretty odd. The entire situation was much more stressful than it needed to be.

V.I.P.

I had a good experience with an (online) luxury store! I wanted a price adjustment on something I ordered and wham! bam! I got it! Very surprising!

03-06-2007
the crying of humanity

^ What store was it?

windowshopping

worst so far...Saks old lady back when I had to find a dress and the old hag didn't feel the need to help me.

Consistently sucky: J.Crew/Abercrombie & Fitch- I thinjk they're paid to be obnoxious.

05-07-2007
army of lovers

Neiman Marcus. For the most part, they know nothing about nothing. I mean really, what decent sales associate hasn't heard of Miu Miu?

05-07-2007
backstage pass

My local Macy's is very iffy. Most times I'm either ignored, or suspiciously watched (because I'm young, I suppose.), but once a saleperson came up to me as I was browsing, and chatted, asked questions, tried to find things for me, all the while chatting away about how she's studying at the tech college, and have I ever been there, what do I think about State, oh, you're going to that college, how do you like it? Etc etc....my goodness! A little bit much for my taste, but at least she was friendly. That was a nice change from the usual reception I get, that's for sure!

You know which store I get the best, friendliest, and all-over fantastic customer service from? (consistantly, too.) Hot Topic. I love those people! I've never, ever had a bad time in a Hot Topic store. They're always willing to chat, but they never hang over your shoulder. I never get dirty looks if I decide to just walk through and not buy anything, but when I am looking for something, quick, effeciant, and friendly is what they are! I know it's not exactly high-end shopping, but going in there is always a pleasant experience, so I thought I'd mention it.

05-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
what decent sales associate hasn't heard of Miu Miu?
Seriously? That's crazy!

05-07-2007
army of lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimus View Post
Seriously? That's crazy!
Seriously. He said..."I've never heard of that...I don't think we carry that type of brand here..."
I just walked away and . That dumb queen looked more appropriate at a Brooks Brothers than Neimans. But on a positive note, Barneys is great.

05-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
I don't think we carry that type of brand here..."
I love it! hahahaha!
But hooray for Barneys!

07-07-2007
front row

The worst, rudest service ever has been at a consignment store. When I tried to make an appointment to sell stuff the owner was really rude to me and snotty, suggesting that I probably didn't have anything good enough to sell, and saying my "style" stuff wouldn't sell but that she'd do me "a favor" and "take a look" at my stuff.

When I went in for the appointment she was really rude again, trying to blow me off and ignoring me. Then she saw the stuff I had brought in and her eyes lit up and she was reallllly pushy about taking it.

I guess it was her loss though because I ended up deciding to take most of my stuff--including stuff she would have liked to have--elsewhere.

Oh the other thing was that she was sort of snooty/demeaning to the store staff while I was there.

Last edited by Sunkist; 07-07-2007 at 05:23 PM.
08-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
^ What store was it?
eLuxury
That's kind of important! I can't believe I didn't mention it!:p

09-07-2007
backstage pass

I haven't experienced anything horrible, but I was thinking about buying a YSL Muse bag in London...

When I got into the YSL store, there were 3 SA's who stared me and my mom down. I even said "hi" and smiled to them, but they didn't move a muscle in their whole body. (I'm a SA myself and my mom is a buyer, and where we live we always greet people when they enter the store.) We walked through the store and the SA's just stood there staring and didn't say a thing. I didn't even feel like taking another look at the bags and we just left.

They made us really uncomfortable and even though they shouldn't judge by looks and appearance, I'd like to say that we were dressed really nice and both of us had designer bags, clothing and shoppingbags from Chanel and Gucci. It's not like we were smelly hobos or anything. So I don't know why they were so snooty and uninterested.

So they lost a sale, but what do they care? I went to Prada instead and bought a great bag there. Hah.

The Swedish male SA at Alexander McQueen in Bond St. is really nice though!
He was being really sweet and even recommended a restaurant for us to try out.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customer, service, stores, websites, worst