Superfine Jeans - Page 13 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-09-2006
fashion elite

OK, hopefully someone will respond to this question. I just got a pair of Steel Liberties in size 25. They are loose from the waist to the hip, and comfortably snug in the calves. Am I better off getting a 24, or getting these altered?

Could someone who has tried on both 24 and 25 give me some idea of the fit difference, not just on top, but also the calves? (I have very slender calves, so I can't imagine anything smaller). I just want to make sure before I blow 185 GBP on new Superfines. Thanks in advance!

16-09-2006
V.I.P.

I've heard that it's difficult to find 24's in London! (liberty wax style) My friend searched for them at my request and only found size 25..
So if anybody sees any size 24 ones anywhere, let me know pleeease.

backstage pass

Hi Pucci - sorry for not getting back to you sooner - I've been in Las Vegas for the past 2 weeks! However, I do have to report that I got the Wax style Superfines in Liberty London yesterday. They look very lovely on the legs but I do find they are kind of on the large size. I got the Liberty style in size 24 and even then they are quite big around my hips, tum and butt area. Plus they come up almost to my belly button which is weird after year's in low slung pants. It would be bad if they stretch out...

I am going to show them to my husband and get his opinion before deciding on whether to keep them or return them - I wonder if the Notifys would be a better bet??.

19-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylw
OK, hopefully someone will respond to this question. I just got a pair of Steel Liberties in size 25. They are loose from the waist to the hip, and comfortably snug in the calves. Am I better off getting a 24, or getting these altered?

Could someone who has tried on both 24 and 25 give me some idea of the fit difference, not just on top, but also the calves? (I have very slender calves, so I can't imagine anything smaller). I just want to make sure before I blow 185 GBP on new Superfines. Thanks in advance!
Hi there! I tried on both the 24 and 25 and found both to be similarly big from waist to hip and found only a little difference in the tightness of the legs. I hope this helps. I am not sure whether or not I will keep mine - while they are perfect on my legs they are big up top and for £185 they have to be perfect all over

20-09-2006
front row

I tried on the 24 and 25 libertys but not in the wax (unfortunately!).

i found the 24 to be the tiniest bit smaller than the 25 in the hips, waist, bum area (still too big though)...but much smaller than the 25 in the legs. just thought i'd offer a different perspective...though i don't know how much that helps you!

has anyone had their jeans tailored to fit better in the bum or to lower the waist? if so...i'd be quite interested to know how this is done. (i dont want low rise jeans but i'm so short-waisted)

20-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droogist
^ Thanks luckyme, but the high-waisted style listed on brownsfashion is definitely not the Max (which is both high-waisted and wide-legged).

droogist, did you ever find the Max style? I might be interested in a pair.

20-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
I tried on the 24 and 25 libertys but not in the wax (unfortunately!).

i found the 24 to be the tiniest bit smaller than the 25 in the hips, waist, bum area (still too big though)...but much smaller than the 25 in the legs. just thought i'd offer a different perspective...though i don't know how much that helps you!

has anyone had their jeans tailored to fit better in the bum or to lower the waist? if so...i'd be quite interested to know how this is done. (i dont want low rise jeans but i'm so short-waisted)
The Wax jeans are sized diffently from their other jeans - normally a 25 would be fine for me but the wax ones seem bigger...

20-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme
droogist, did you ever find the Max style? I might be interested in a pair.
Still looking...I'm going to be in Paris in few weeks, and will try my luck then - looks like they have a lot of stockists over there. I'll let you know if I manage to hunt them down.

V.I.P.

thanks, appreciate it.

paris, for the shows?

20-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

^ For fashion week, yeah...

V.I.P.

way to go! can't wait to see what ann d, chloe and dries have in store for us.

20-09-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme
way to go! can't wait to see what ann d, chloe and dries have in store for us.
i'm completely jealous (but hoping to make it to paris fash week for next fall or next spring). have the most amazing time. or are you bored of it?

good luck finding the superfines, too

21-09-2006
spoilt victorian child

Quote:
Originally Posted by elschic111
i'm completely jealous (but hoping to make it to paris fash week for next fall or next spring). have the most amazing time. or are you bored of it?

good luck finding the superfines, too
Thanks! I wouldn't say "bored," but there's usually a lot of stress and bother involved, which I don't exactly relish...

botanizing on the asphalt

luckyme, have you tried calling barneys? they are listed as superfine stockists.

i am looking for the same jeans....i may pop over there today and see if they have them. I kind of doubt it though, since the skinny fixation seems to have taken over the entire market over here...

i will let you know if i see anything, anyway.

Last edited by laika; 21-09-2006 at 07:06 AM.
26-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight fairy
I've heard that it's difficult to find 24's in London! (liberty wax style) My friend searched for them at my request and only found size 25..
So if anybody sees any size 24 ones anywhere, let me know pleeease.
Hi twilight Fairy - if you are still looking for the 24 Wax Superfines in the Liberty cut I will be returning mine to Liberty in London when I am over from Paris on Friday the 29th of September. They were a little too big for me aroudn the hips, tum and butt.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, superfine