How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2006
fashion elite

Thanks Grill & elschic111 for the info! I just checked back on this thread, so belated thank yous.

Disappointed to hear that the 24's are not smaller. I have a a 25" waist and 34" hips, but the 25 Libertys are very roomy on top. I have no idea why Superfine does not make jeans that fit a thinner, but not super-skinny, woman. I worry that altering will throw off the placement of pockets, etc.

Does Kate Moss get hers altered?

19-11-2006
V.I.P.

I have a few questions to ask as I will be in London soon.

How much do they cost on average?
What sizes are available?
Do they strech a lot or a little?

Thank you.

19-11-2006
V.I.P.

Also have another question. Do you think it would be cheaper to buy them in London or Paris? Or is it the same.

19-11-2006
V.I.P.

my guess it's cheapest to buy them in london, since it's a british designer. They cost about $180-$200, they're avalible from 24 up to 32 I think, and they really dont stretch out much at all

20-11-2006
V.I.P.

check the website out, they have some cute new styles for spring.

24-12-2006
windowshopping

Does anybody know how the sizing works for new model race (with side pannels) I usually wear a 27 (acne, filippa k, h&M) but i got a 28 in superfine race jeans, as they didnt had any in 27 and it was half price. I had them altered a little bit in the waist area. The salesgirl said they would not stretch, but actually i think they stretch quite a bit. They are not super super thight right now, but still thight enough. Although around the waist and *** they are quite lose. Unfortunately i was not able to try on a 27. I keep thinking i should not have bought this one and a 27 would have fitted so much better....
What is your experience, do you reckon they are true to size or are sligtly smaller/ bigger than other brands???

I'll try posting a picture later on ..

10-01-2007
front row

which ones are tighter...harry or liberty? thanks!

10-01-2007
V.I.P.

liberty

22-01-2007
fashion elite

If anyone knows where to buy a pair of waxed Liberties in size 24, please let me know. I was on the wait list at a few stores, but they never called me back.

Thanks!

23-01-2007
Empire State of Mind

Which city do you live in? I know Scoop in NYC carries them. I bought mine there in December.

23-01-2007
fashion elite

I live in Ohio. A month ago, I called every US stockist. Many don't carry Superfines smaller than 25/26. I found two that had 24's. I was on the waitlist, and they never called me back. Arggg. I even offered to prepay for them. I just gave up after a while.

Velony, did Scoop have them in 24's? I will also check Steve Alan, as their price is much lower than other stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velony
Which city do you live in? I know Scoop in NYC carries them. I bought mine there in December.

23-01-2007
Empire State of Mind

I'm pretty sure they had them in 25's and they could have had them in 24 as well. I'm not sure though. I would give them a call.

26-01-2007
fashion elite

Thanks Velony! I will call them. How do they fit? The 25 Liberties (regular finish) are too big for me, but I heard the new 24's run large?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they had them in 25's and they could have had them in 24 as well. I'm not sure though. I would give them a call.

26-01-2007
Empire State of Mind

Depending on how you would want to wear these I'd say they run pretty true to size. I'm a 27 in most jeans and the liberties in 27 fit me perfectly although they are very stretchy and I have still some room. Let me know if they have them in your size.

26-01-2007
fashion elite

I just called them, and they found a size 24 for me! Very courteous and helpful sales staff. I even got them on sale. Thank you again Velony! You were a great help.

Quote:
Depending on how you would want to wear these I'd say they run pretty true to size. I'm a 27 in most jeans and the liberties in 27 fit me perfectly although they are very stretchy and I have still some room. Let me know if they have them in your size.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, superfine