Superfine Jeans - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
27-01-2007
Empire State of Mind

Your welcome! I'm glad I could be of help. How much were they? I had to pay full retail price.

27-01-2007
fashion elite

They were $139 plus $15 shipping! A lot of their Superfine merchandise is on sale. I was thinking of getting a few other things. Have you tried the all-in-one jumpsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velony
Your welcome! I'm glad I could be of help. How much were they? I had to pay full retail price.

27-01-2007
Empire State of Mind

Wow, you got such a good deal. I had to pay over $300 for my pair when I bought it in December.
I haven't seen the jumpsuit ydet but it sounds nice. Do you have a pic? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

27-01-2007
fashion elite

Here is the Scoop link:

http://www.scoopnyc.com/Product.aspx?iPID=202601&iCID=0

Don't know what a size 1 means? That's the only size they have. I should call them, but I think I want to spend my money on a new sewing machine first.

I think it looks much better on the Superfine model (photo: superfinelondon.com)
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (204.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by tylw; 27-01-2007 at 04:58 PM.
28-01-2007
Empire State of Mind

I like it and the price is not bad either. But then again it's final sale and I would want to be able to return it in case it doesn't fit. I guess a size 1 would be a small or xsmall.

28-01-2007
fashion elite

Yeah, I know what you mean. With a jumpsuit, the torso length & front rise have to fit so well. I also don't know how I feel about the leg opening. If you are in the market for more jeans though, I think they have a lot left. I was thinking about the Blondie, but I don't want to start a habit of collecting Superfines!

31-01-2007
fashion elite

Yea! The 24's waxed Liberties have arrived. They fit much better than the 25's.:p

How does the finish hold up? Velony, mind lending your expertise?

01-02-2007
Empire State of Mind

Good to hear that the 24 fit you better. The finish holds up well but I haven't washed them yet. I guess you have to bring them to the dry cleaners.
I'm really looking for a new pair of dark blue jeans but I really don't want to start collection superfines either. Although it's tempting that they are on sale. I tried on the Harry style a while ago but didn't really like the cut.

01-02-2007
fashion elite

The sales rep at Scoop gave me the impression that the waxed Liberties also come in indigo blue? Maybe this would be a good option for you, Velony?

I've worn my new jeans for a day, and they now mold much better to me. For a while, the waist and hips were still gappy. I think my hesitation with Superfines has always been the waist and hips. Now, I feel better about making more investment.

It's a difficult transition though, since I have been perfectly happy in Gap and Target jeans. The last pair of expensive jeans I bought were Earls, which I highly recommend if you can find the old styles on eBay. They fit like a dream in the toosh. I only feel comfortable buying expensive jeans if there is a tremendous quality and design difference, which I see with Superfine and Earls.

Depending on your body type, Levis has some nice, progressive styles...Let me know how the search goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velony
Good to hear that the 24 fit you better. The finish holds up well but I haven't washed them yet. I guess you have to bring them to the dry cleaners.
I'm really looking for a new pair of dark blue jeans but I really don't want to start collection superfines either. Although it's tempting that they are on sale. I tried on the Harry style a while ago but didn't really like the cut.

02-02-2007
tfs star

size 1 is the smallest size. they go from 1 to 4 in all non-jean styles, including t-shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc.

02-02-2007
backstage pass

Does anyone know of any stores in Europe - London or Paris - that currently have Superfine tees in stock?? I have looked at Printemps, Bon Marche, Liberty and Colette with no luck so far - have any of you guys seen any around? Or is it simply still too early in the season? TIA

02-02-2007
tfs star

they are shipping me next week, so i would imagine that everyone else is somewhat on the same schedule. try the stores next friday!

btw i hope you find the tees because they are always so fabulous -- i think there is a great button one and a great star one for spring. for fall they did an awesome '80s looking one and another star one.

Last edited by ilovepositano; 02-02-2007 at 03:57 PM.
02-02-2007
fashion elite

Thanks for answering! Would the size 1 be appropriate for me, if the size 24 Liberty is slightly loose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
size 1 is the smallest size. they go from 1 to 4 in all non-jean styles, including t-shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc.

02-02-2007
tfs star

oh yes, 24 is totally a 1.

it depends on the block, but sometimes 1 is a little bigger than 24. sometimes it seems about the same.

02-02-2007
fashion elite

OK, I'll keep thinking about the purchase. You haven't, by any chance, tried on the jumpsuit?

Btw, gurej.com has Superfine gloves, long tees, and a waistcoat (vest). They are all on sale. The salespeople at the store are super-courteous and helpful. Nice subtle bohemian feel to the clothing selection too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
oh yes, 24 is totally a 1.

it depends on the block, but sometimes 1 is a little bigger than 24. sometimes it seems about the same.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, superfine