How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2009
V.I.P.

superfine def had their hand on the dial from the get go with kate moss and the other positioning they did. they had the best cuts and the vibe that was visionary, at least imho. now, with even better design and some backing surely they can increase their brand recognition if they want to. the newer lines dont come close to comparing...so why are stores dropping them? the timing is right for them to get on the racks and in magazines NOW, especially with the current line-up being as good as it is. the Irina spread would have kicked butt in W.

20-08-2009
V.I.P.

I love superfine but had to give up on them since they're all too skinny for me. I'd literally get blisters trying to pull them up my calves and knees and then they'd be baggy in the thighs and waist. It's really unfortunate since they have some great styles like you said.

21-08-2009
V.I.P.

forwardforward happily made a liar out of me and posted some new jeans from the new season.

21-08-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
superfine def had their hand on the dial from the get go with kate moss and the other positioning they did. they had the best cuts and the vibe that was visionary, at least imho. now, with even better design and some backing surely they can increase their brand recognition if they want to. the newer lines dont come close to comparing...so why are stores dropping them? the timing is right for them to get on the racks and in magazines NOW, especially with the current line-up being as good as it is. the Irina spread would have kicked butt in W.
It's a bit of a mystery to me as well...they work with very good showrooms in most markets, prices have decreased, qualities are better... But on the other hand they were in the best stores, and those stores lost quite a bit of money on the brand with ****e sell-through the last 3-4 seasons, so I can imagine that it is hard to get back into these accounts - especially in todays market which is rather unforgiving. For a brand you then have to decide if you're going to try and wait for these accounts to come around, or if you should start targeting the second best stores. I'm not sure which strategy Superfine is pursuing, and I guess it differs from showroom to showroom.

22-08-2009
V.I.P.

the new showroom they are with is so poor and it is not sitting with the right brands... so they are being shown to the wrong retailers..
i dropped them!
when Giles's (Deacon) agent represents it then a showroom that has all kinda rubbish, you can almost bet money on it that the retailers will change drastically

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
23-08-2009
windowshopping

That's Australia, right? I can't say I know the Australian showrooms all that well. Which showroom did they use back in the Four Marketing days of Superfine?

21-10-2009
Frozen irony.

so who is currently stocking superfine?

21-10-2009
V.I.P.

forwardforward by revolve.
brownsfashion are two good online sources.
shopbop has some too.

06-11-2009
front row

I bought my first Superfine jeans today and I love them. Besides Levis they are the first jeans that really fit me. The style is slouchy jean in black and the best is that I only had to pay 20 Euros for them (thanks to TK Maxx).
I will definitely look for different styles in the future.

15-01-2010
front row

I noticed lots of cheap Superfine jeans on both asos.com (in the Outlet section) and on designertribes.com - I am guessing they are older styles, but still very cheap.

I finally bought myself some Superfine jeans this week
-Harry in bronze ()
-Liberty in pearl (wow! super skinny on my calves!)
-Crops in night

I also tried on a few different pairs in my local TKMaxx about two weeks ago.. the "Work" or is it "Worker" ? "Blondie" and "Max"
So I think I'll go back and see if I can get a hold of the Blondie pair that I tried on, since I love the ankle zippers.

I checked out their lookbook, and the new styles are gorgeous

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, superfine