How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2011
tfs star

I went to FNO in NYC last year. I drove in, which was kind of a disaster. I spent an hour looking for parking. It's mostly just parties and games and weird gimmicks, hopping from one store to the next drinking champagne. If you're going to try to see celebrities or designers, it's kind of a wash because they end up getting locked away in a private area. But that was my experience while on the UES. I didn't venture into any other part of the city. So it could be different.

13-08-2011
tailored

i went to FNO last year and i only went to barneys...
there was a party with alexander wang on the co-op floor and then a karaoke contest with mary-kate and ashley olsen, liya kebede, and jack and lazaro from proenza schouler...
it was fun but very crowded...you can't really do much shopping, it's more for people watching...

if you're going, i suggest checking out the FNO site on monday (i think that's when they are announcing what is happening and where) and plotting out where you'd like to go...
because of traffic, it's hard to go to multiple places unless they are in the same general area (we tried to go to bergdorf's too, but it took forever just to walk over there)...
some stores do have special gifts with purchase or limited edition pieces only available at FNO (kirna zabete and the chanel boutique in soho did last year)...

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

thanks, I guess I ll just walk around 5th driving may be regretable anyone else thats gonna be there can write it here could be nice to have a TFS reunion and see what everyone is gonna be wearing

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I read that DC also has one, I live near DC so depending on what happens there I might opt for that one. Anyone here in the DC area

V.I.P.

I see here in London it's now going to be taking place over Oxford Street, Regent Street, and now Covent Garden will be involved. I'm glad it's growing. Will anyone else be visiting the stores in London..?

16-08-2011
Once King

I just downloaded the app too get an idea of what is going down. Now I want to go to IF for Tim Hamilton, Thom Browne for Major Thom, 3.1 Phillip Lim for Mr. Lim, and Bird Williamsburg for Geller (Comey is going to be at another Bird sadly). Don't know what I actually end up stuck doing, not even sure if I am going to go!

19-08-2011
rising star

As last year I'm attending to Paris fashion night out with a friend :p Last one was a very very good night, seeing beautiful clothes, free champagne and saw Carine Roitfeld.
It's definitely a party you have to attend!

19-08-2011
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
August 19, 2011
Summer Scouting

By CATHY HORYN

Left and right: Valerio Mezzanoti; right: Catwalking.com
From left: Fall looks from Joseph Altuzarra, Junya Watanabe and Miu Miu.

Instead of “Groundhog Day,” the Bill Murray movie, we now have Fashion’s Night Out. It never ends. On Sept. 8, designers will be at their posts, just as they were this time last year, and you can go through the madness all over again. This is truly the age of reiteration.

F.N.O. was a good idea when it began, back in the depths of the recession when stores were virtually empty. But now it’s become a party, an institutionalized kickoff to Fashion Week, and though it apparently raises money for some causes, I have to believe that the costs of security, crowd control and entertainment, not to mention the traffic headaches, outweigh the actual benefits.

And it’s not as if the city’s retail industry needs a boost, as it did in 2009, when a lot of small stores closed. In fact, many retailers are having an excellent year, with Macy’s, Ralph Lauren, Kohl’s and Nordstrom announcing that they plan to raise profit outlooks. Neiman Marcus, which reports its quarterly results next month, has experienced robust sales. So have the big luxury-goods groups, LVMH and Gucci Group. The Limited’s numbers are up, too. A few New York stores — Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman and Saks Fifth Avenue, among others — are spending money on renovations.

I suspect that some F.N.O. supporters will point to the wild stock market, the stalled economy and sinking consumer confidence, and say the timing for a street party couldn’t be better. On the other hand, it could be worse, given the concerns of ordinary people in other regions of this country and the world.
The other day I went out shopping. I hit about six stores, including Saks and Bergdorf as well as J. Crew and Ann Taylor. I generally do this in mid-August to see what merchandise has been delivered, to compare what I remember of the fall shows with what retailers ended up buying, and to see who is out shopping.
And I have to say this was no “Groundhog” moment. The stores I visited have a far better selection of styles than they did last year at this time. By better I mean smart and fashionable, not safe. The stores were also crowded with serious shoppers, and, no, not all of them were tourists. There was a lunchtime line of customers at J. Crew waiting to check out. The retailer still has summer sales, but it is promoting a sexy secretary look for fall, with solid-color pencil skirts and cashmere pullovers. There were two turquoise skirts ($120) left on the rack.

I cruised through Barneys, noting the arrival of the Junya Watanabe line, one of my favorite fall collections, and an abundance of pumps — the style of the season — and fur vests. I saw a good-looking pair of Balenciaga pumps for about $575. To say that some brands seem to have made an effort to hold down prices is poor consolation when you see $1,000 jersey dresses and $700 crepe blouses. There are some wild prices: for example, a $4,200 Gucci fur vest at Bergdorf. There are enough variations around, in either real or fake fur, that you don’t have to spend that much. Nonetheless, I sensed a greater amount of realism without sacrificing style.

I was especially impressed with what I saw at Bergdorf. I think the store has it together: a great selection of looks from Joseph Altuzarra (a flattering dress in berry-brown wool for $1,370), Jonathan Saunders and Miu Miu. The Miu Miu saleswoman was dealing with another customer when I tried on a dress with a cummerbund hip wrap.

“Madonna wore this as a skirt,” she said brightly.

I was hooked before she said the deadly M word. You really don’t need outside influences to shop these days.

nytimes.com

Last edited by softgrey; 19-08-2011 at 11:10 PM.
22-08-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

apparently Neimann Marcus has a fashion show at 6.30 and 8pm using 'proffessional models' I wonder if that means top models.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

counting down..hope to meet some TFSers this year

fashion insider

I was wondering if anyone knew what was organized in paris? Last year they posted the different special events, and I managed to go to the ones I really want to instead of just going around and wasting hours in line...

07-09-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I dont speak French so i couldnt understand what they were saying but you may get some info on this link

http://fashionsnightout.vogue.fr/

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

good people dont forget to post pics of what ur gonna wear to FNO

Power to the 99%

So, any Fashion Night Out fun? I got an invite mentioning LE stuff, but it didn't tempt me to make the drive on a weeknight ...

10-09-2011
Once King

I won the Miu Miu ankle booties from net-a-porter, met Robert Geller, and flirted with lots of random girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attending, fashion, night, tfsers