How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2005
kabhi alvida

-woven leather cream small handbag with long shoulder straps, with leather tassle and gold detail on the tassle, for 8. It doesn't have a label but it says "handmade in Italy" inside.
-narrow tooled brown leather belt-you know those really old ones that they sell in vintage stores for ridiculous amounts - 1
- brown leather snakeskin clutch - 3
- long gold necklace with large tigers eye pendant - 4
- silver bangle - 1

29-01-2005
backstage pass

hello!!! i know it sounds really stupid but whats the difference between a thrift store and a vintage shop?? is it the same as a charity shop??

there are a few good little vintage stores in notting hill. in one a got a juicy couture denim skirt for 15 and it was the perfect size!!!!!

29-01-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

love those red pumps wyatt, i'm sure your sis will too. Great finds impossible!!

boo, I generally say that vintage is a little more selective and is more expensive than a thrift store. plus vintage is usually at least 15-20 years old. A thrift store is usually just cheap second hand clothing.

29-01-2005
backstage pass

so its just like a charity shop without the charity part that sells only clothes etc?? ok i see i see! thank u mucho!!!1

29-01-2005
kabhi alvida

I think Vintage stores are simply like normal retail stores but they sell older clothes. Some of the clothes have also been reworked, and the prices are obviously so much more higher. Thrifts are basically second hand or charity stores, but you can find such good stuff in them-I see them as a way of finding the retro clothes before vintage sourcers do, after all, so many of them simply visit flea markets to get their stock.You have to sort through a lot of stuff you would never even look at before you find one special item. I like finding stuff in thrifts because you have that whole rush of finding something on your own-in a vintage store it's all been found before-they're just selling it to you at maximum profit.

oh, and obviously, everything in a vintage store has been dry cleaned before it's put on the rack.

kabhi alvida

thankyou meg!!

backstage pass

ok cool. thanx a lot. now i understand!!!!

02-02-2005
windowshopping

one of my favorite vintage finds was this rabbit fur coat i got at the thrift store for $25.00 i got so many compliments on it and some lady wanted to buy it from me lolz

and also this vintage shoe that i got for $4.00 its so beautiful but it's a size 3 which sucks! im thinking about selling it , if anyone is interested contact me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rabbit_fur_coat.JPG (42.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg kalakak.JPG (81.4 KB, 3 views)

windowshopping

I dont wanna bother but here are some more pics of my finds , i got this 2 toned white leather pump with yellow leather on the front it's brand new size 5 1/2 small 6. sooo beautiful!! im a 7 1/2 - 8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shoe2.JPG (43.6 KB, 1 views)

windowshopping

I just bought a St. Johns Bay handbag in a beige today for .63 total. I would compare the leather to coach its soft, well made and you can't beat the price. I do own coach bags so I can compare the two and I can see or feel no difference.

17-02-2005
windowshopping

Just in the last week: Navy Chloe dress with silver ribbon and beaded sleeves. Very slim 30s bias cut. Eight bucks at a Nashville Goodwill. Sad to say- I had to take a pass.

17-02-2005
backstage pass

An apricot silk Malene Birger shirt with tags and spare buttons! Fits like a dream and is in perfect, unworn condition for approx $5! I just need to find the matching outfit.

22-02-2005
windowshopping

vintage chanel coat?
I bought at the Salvation Army today- a black tweed coat. 3/4 length with this fabulous lining. Check it out- the lining appears to be silk and the patern all over the silk is chanel logos as well as perfume bottles, chanel style purses, and slingback shoes. The pattern alternate in sort of an LV logo pattern sort of way. It's label has been torn out and all the buttons are missing. It appears to be well made. I wonder how to find out if this is a real Chanel coat. Did they make fake ones? If anyone has any thoughts please help. Thanks. p.s. the coat was $10.50.

22-02-2005
backstage pass

Brand new Isaac mizrahi white pinty slip-ons.
$15.
Bahahaha.
YES

25-02-2005
front row

--at salvation army last weekend i got this adorable navy mini dress with small white polka dots on it!

--i love getting weirdo t-shirts in the men's section at salvation army. i need to make them smaller though soon on my sister's sewing machine.

-other great finds from salvation army are gold flats, a silver clutch with chain, a green peasant(ish) knee length skirt with a million pleats, and black pumps with bows on the toe

plus-in new york the other day a got this cute light blue mini skirt at a shop called "angel street thrift shop." has anyone here ever been there? it has tons of tocca stuff.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift