How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline
--at salvation army last weekend i got this adorable navy mini dress with small white polka dots on it!

--i love getting weirdo t-shirts in the men's section at salvation army. i need to make them smaller though soon on my sister's sewing machine.

-other great finds from salvation army are gold flats, a silver clutch with chain, a green peasant(ish) knee length skirt with a million pleats, and black pumps with bows on the toe

plus-in new york the other day a got this cute light blue mini skirt at a shop called "angel street thrift shop." has anyone here ever been there? it has tons of tocca stuff.
No I've never heard of it. I've been looking for a good thrift shop in the city, but I can never find one. But where is angel street thrift shop?

26-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyred
No I've never heard of it. I've been looking for a good thrift shop in the city, but I can never find one. But where is angel street thrift shop?
Address: 118 West 17th Street

Quote:
Founded in 1997 to raise funds for "individuals and families affected by substance abuse, HIV, AIDS and Mental Illness," Angel Street has benefited, as has Housing Works, from the generosity and taste of the downtown community, and particularly the gay community. Top fashion designers, like Tocca and Marc Jacobs, regularly bequeath unsold sample sale items to the store. The most impressive donation, however, came several years ago when the Four Seasons Hotel donated two entire floors of furniture to the shop.

26-02-2005
backstage pass

On eeeebayyyyy:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/71/2f/aa_1_b.JPG

Just got those for $35. Celine, gorgeous...HOORAH!

08-03-2005
front row

I found an Oscar de la renta knitwear for $5. Like the OP, I never had anyone to tell that would 'get' it - but I kow you guys do!

08-03-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral
Just in the last week: Navy Chloe dress with silver ribbon and beaded sleeves. Very slim 30s bias cut. Eight bucks at a Nashville Goodwill. Sad to say- I had to take a pass.
How could you pass that up I know it must be a valid reason like it was a million sizes too big or that you are a man

08-03-2005
front row

ebay thrift...
I have been watching these heartbreaking boots for about a week on ebay. I so want them. And what a bargain. But they are too big. TWO sizes too big. I hope someone with the right size feet snaps them up. I even went and measure my longest shoe just to see if i could create a mitigation in lieu!

Gawd, I am off to bed to mope...I might have to take my silver M.J slingbacks to bed to cuddle.

09-03-2005
front row

My first time at a Thrift Store, I found a Louis Vuitton womens suit for $10! My girlfriend found a Christian Dior jacket. Kind of looks like the Michelle Mason one that Nicole Richie wore once with the buttons going towards an angle...it was lovely! and her jacket was only $8 !!!!! Thank Goodness for Thrift Stores !

13-03-2005
trendsetter

Argh. I've been to thrift stores a couple times and I never seem to find anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
14-03-2005
windowshopping

Need help in Los Angeles...
I have a large assortment of quality vintage women's clothing, mostly from the late 50's - early 60's, and I am looking for a place that will buy the whole lot.

I live in the Los Angeles, CA area and any suggestions you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Louise

25-03-2005
windowshopping

The best thing ive found at thrift stores was a small louis bag for $2, the lining was ruined, but for $2 who cares lol.

I find my best things from yard sales though, 2 vintage pradas, a vintage fendi... all for $2 or $3 each.

25-03-2005
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by waukon73
Argh. I've been to thrift stores a couple times and I never seem to find anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Go often, look through everything! That's pretty much all there is to it. Best if you cruise shops in the ritzy parts of town, as that's where Junior Leaguers will be casting off their Donna Karan and Lily Pulitzer and you can get a $300 dress for $12.

25-03-2005
trendsetter

^ Okay! Thankies.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
25-03-2005
fashion elite

See, I know that there are some good stuff at Thrities, but I dont have the patience to look thru everything. Kudos to those who do though

28-03-2005
front row

Yea, in order to find a goodie at a thrift store, u definitely do need patience. i usually take an entire day off and go through my favorite thrift stores here in Miami. its not always a gaurantee that you will find something (atleast not here), but the chances are definitely there so good luck to all!

28-03-2005
backstage pass

I think thrift stores are great I think the smaller mom and pop ones are better than the large ones like Goodwill and Salvation Army.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift