How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2006
front row

A Commes des Garcons short-sleeve printed shirt. It's perma-wrinkled. I got it for about 4 bucks, I think.

06-02-2006
windowshopping

I got an authentic LV bag for 14 dollars at the Salvation Army on 46th st. Best deal of my life.

07-02-2006

this thread is great

last summer i found a pair of grey pants, bootcut but with very narrow hips and a oh so slight flare, though it looks straight cut and it also flares a teensy bit from the waist... in any case, its perfectly cut. it cost me $12, but i have no idea who could have made this... its made of denim but it looks very finely treated, or perhaps its denim mixed with other material... in any case, i love it! id just love to know who made this, it has tags but theyre all blurred out, intentionally!

i've also managed to find some pretty cool tshirts at the kids department, i always get compliments on them...

V.I.P.

All the thrift stores around here are either in the poorer areas or near old people homes. No cool vintage or designer finds here

Excpet for the tiny chanel section at saks, you can't find designer in real stores even in my area so not finding it at thrift stores isn't a surprise.

09-02-2006
backstage pass

after reading this thread i remember...

last year i scored a silver chanel necklace for 10 bucks. it was signed at the back so i know its real!! but the problem is - i totally forgot abt it and now cant find it..darn!!!

10-02-2006
trendsetter

An emperio armani black blazer for under 10.00. The zipper was a bit broken, but I fixed it

16-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_liz
my best vintage/designer finds have come from my store (the discount helps too! :p)

chanel spectator heels - $50
vintage 1950s camo-print chiffon cocktail dress - $40
vintage ysl rive gauche black wool-crepe jumpsuit - $35 (really underpriced...)
vivenne westwood world's end sweater with bondage straps- $100
vintage pucci silk jumpsuit -$95
1940s black velvet long dress with empire waist and low cut back -$80

hmm...maybe post pics soon?
yes post pics! may i ask where you work?

18-02-2006
backstage pass

I found a really large womens red Moschino sweater which fits me like a mini dress. Today I wear it with a pair of leggings and it looks amazing. It was only $1.50!! I'm guessing they had no idea exactly what "MOSCHINO" is valued at.

I also fish through old RECORDS which I love to do. I have some really old finds which I've framed and happen to be black and white so it all looks very mod with that hint of vintage. Love it.

Any tips on how to figure out the year of production of a piece of clothing? A tip I could use while fishing for vintage...

18-02-2006
backstage pass

Last week I found a GORGEOUS brown top that I could SWEAR looks like it came straight off a Marc Jacobs runway but it has no tags and the seaming on the inside is HORRIBLE and looks unfinished but on the outside it's absolutely beautiful. It's brown and vest-like but very light with a collar that is white on the inside. It has a low-cut neck and about 3 large white fabric buttons going down and then about 5 inches of fabric rests below. Unbuttoned. It is just stunning. My guess is it's hand made.

Last edited by ShesElectric; 18-02-2006 at 10:22 PM.
18-02-2006
backstage pass

Oddly enough I was browsing a few online sites and found a pic of a top that looks a LOT like the vest.

It's exactly like this but in vest form. It's brown though, same material with white detailing. The buttons are the same but there are 3 going down (spaced apart) and they aren't in pairs.

but now you get the gist of it...

20-02-2006
fashion icon

in a regular thrift store..i didnt find anything brand name..but i found some of the coolest things
such as
-a pair of vivienne westwood style platform ankle boots..hell to walk in but it looks hot
-a pair of 80's era red hot leather pumps..so new..looks like worn only once..or not worn at all
-a whole bunch of really nice belts
and more..all very cheap and vintage

my very recent buy from a high end thrift store is an authentic Vivienne Westwood glass orbit necklace..for $140 CAD

wow..alot of you guys found such AWSOME finds..im jealous now..XD

Last edited by MUXU; 20-02-2006 at 06:07 PM.
21-02-2006
doldrums

Sadly I don't find anything worthwhile. I'm so jealous.

21-02-2006
scenester

I got a Christian Dior black and white coat from the Salvation Army for $50.00. It fits perfect, and even has an old Neiman Marcus tag inside.

22-02-2006
Killer In Heels

Not sure if this counts as designer as such, but here goes.

When I was a kid I used to help out at a jumble sale in the church hall at the bottom of my road. One day I took home a box of 'bits' that were left over from the stall I'd been helping on. In it was a pearl necklace that we later discovered to be real. If I ever sell it I will have to give at least half to that church.....

24-02-2006
rising star

Gorgeous 1960's fake fur cape. Silk lined. Silver and pearl brooch...

£1.00

Attached Images
File Type: bmp Fur Cape - 1.bmp (358.6 KB, 24 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift