How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Well, I went charity shop-shopping y/day after splurging at the Billion Dollar Babes sale - my goal was to find an outfit for under £10.

I found two. A black oversized sheath top (it's like size 22) that I'm gonna wear as a dress - kinda like the Olsens Miss Davenporte designs. That was £4.75

Then I found a green shantung silk top and a pair of old Levi's - the top was £2, the jeans were £3.75. Would be a great gigging outift me thinks!

Olsen pic from jjb
ooooo you have the same multicoloured shoes that i got cheap for 20 quid.
Like you black dress.

16-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesElectric
- A black Chanel Chance cosmetics case with a pink logo'd interior
I have that I love it hehe

22-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by meens
Hi guys. Like many of you I have the thirft store sickness. In the last month I've gone twice and both times I've gotten some awsome things:

- a vintage gucci clutch ($6)
- a perfectly tailored, silk lined, grey pinstripe blazer (made in paris) $4
- a few loose t-shirts perfect for wearing with dark skinny jeans and flats (both for $6)
- three button down shirts for work $10
Wow, awesome find with the Gucci! Too bad about the dress though, it must have sucked so bad.

Today at Valu Village I found a pair of Ferragamo brown croc flats for 3.99! It was one of those Valu Villages were they price some shoes expensive and then keep one of the shoes behind the counter, so I guess they didn't know about Ferragamo!!

23-04-2006
Killer In Heels

When I was on maternity leave last autumn I went on a binge on e-bay - shoes mainly. I bought loads of pairs, all mainly for about £1 (plus P&P of course). Some were a bit nasty, but I got the most beautiful pair of sort of light blue/gray leather wooden heeled mary janes. I wear them all the time. (as an aside, they are an exact colour match for my Paddy bag)

24-04-2006
front row

today i found an emerald green skinny ysl tie for 99 cents (in perfect condition.)

07-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaFramboise
Oh my jesus. I'm not sure if your firmiliar with the Bel HAbour mall (home to disgustingly good fashion.) But a little secret here in south florida is the bal habour thrift store, where all the richy gals and guys trhow there old clothes!!! Talk about hotness! I wear prada atleast once a week (Oohh...) Lol, i once found my mum a BUNCH of gorgeous hermes scarves there and payed 10 bucks for 2!!!!
ohnoooo! i was just there.(in bal harbour mall) about 2 weeks ago... by mistake. of course i didn't buy anything.. but i enjoyed the place.. soo pretty... i just wish i had known about the thrift store before!!! is it close to the mall?

07-05-2006
backstage pass

All in a weeks bingeee...

A very vintage looking Gucci bag. Its a light brown/beige colour. It has a gg monogramed exterior. The gg's are suprisingly small with 4 dots around each one. With a large leather circular patch that has large GG on it on the front pocket clasp. All the zippers are gold with the gg monogram on one side and on the other it says "Gucci" "Made in Italy". On the inside there is a leather tag with a golden picture of a knight with two flags next to it or something like that. Above the picture, it says Gucci. Below it, it says "Italy" with the numbers 001 1127 just below. Can anyone authenticate it? Though I am almost positive it's an authentic Vintage! I wish I could take a photo of it!It cost me $4.99! I dont think they checked the inside!

A very small Louis Vuitton shoulder bag. The interior is green and logo'd on fabric. Not sure if it is authentic. The craftsmenship is amazing but it has no serial number or inner tag. The zippers and hardware are all gold with LV logo and "Made in France" on the hardware. $3.99

A fake Coach handbag. - $3.99

A mens Versace polo that looks amazing on me! hah. It's white, collar-less but with 4 buttons with medusa's (I think) head on each one. It has a tag on the outside bottom right corner of the shirt that says Versace and some other stuff with some numbers on it. The top left of the shirt says Versace Jeans Couture in silver threading. Has Versace tag on inside. - $6.99

And my most prized posession of the week - A CELINE WALLET!! - $4.99

I also found a Cindy Crawford Hardcover Makeup tips book - 99Cents. AND TONS N TONS OF COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINES! All farely recent issues and one from this month! 49Cents each.

A black extremely oversized croc skin tote. - 3.99

Last edited by ShesElectric; 07-05-2006 at 03:19 PM. Reason: ..
09-05-2006
backstage pass

Last edited by tangerine; 09-05-2006 at 04:46 PM.
10-05-2006
girl who fell to earth

^the owl is so cute!

10-05-2006
front row

^ Nice things, punky.

This weekend I finally found some little boy's blazers that fit me well. One is a wool Christian Dior (the whole suit, actually), and the other is a grey jacket from "Tom Sawyer" brand.

Score!

10-05-2006
backstage pass

Today - Yves Saint Laurent beige knee-length denim skirt.

10-05-2006
backstage pass

V. nice punky!

Today I got a Lux summer skirt in Shepard's Bush for £3.25. White with a timy multicoloue speck.

And an issue of Harpers & Queen for 50p.

10-05-2006
trendsetter

how did y'all guys discover the stores?

11-05-2006
backstage pass

^ It's all up to hard work, and how well you know the city you are in. Try the wealthy old money areas, however not so posh areas can have the BEST things too.

Ask around...in fashion student circles, the best charity shops can be a hot debate.

11-05-2006
front row

ive found the worse the neighborhood, the better the finds. the pricing is always goofy too, normally working in your favor.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift