Thrift Scores - Page 24 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
30-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by djork
is it a thrift store or a vintage shop?
it's a thrift store to be sure. all the clothes, housewares, furniture, etc are donated and go right out onto the floor without much time being spent considering each item. if it's in really good condition and is made out of quality materials, items range from about $10-50. lesser items can cost me as little as $0.99. this stands in stark contrast to the vintage stores around here which restore and mend items and sell them at astronomical prices. even if i found something i liked at one of those places, i would never be able to afford it since most pieces (even just accessories) fall within the $500-3000 range.

it should also be noted that my best finds come only after months of digging through piles of ugly, worthless junk. i only discover maybe half a dozen incredible pieces a year but it is really worth it. and i don't feel bad about paying next to nothing because i figure i've earned it...

Last edited by bass.face; 30-10-2006 at 09:01 AM.
02-11-2006
backstage pass

i went and sold some of my stuff yesterday (out of guilt for having bought one too many new things haha) and well, didn't really "earn" money but bought new stuff with the money haha. but i really had to - i got this gorgeous vintage lace Victorian top and a navy/silk vintage chloe dress for $20!!!!!!! the dress was kind of ugly at first but then realized i could make it fabu with a nice rope belt (also a thrift store purchase) so i grabbed it. cant wait to show it off!!

04-11-2006
rising star

uhh i wish that the thrift stores in my town had designer things. but it's all gross old lady clothing and very ugly shoes. but sometimes there is some fun jewelry.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass.face

it should also be noted that my best finds come only after months of digging through piles of ugly, worthless junk. i only discover maybe half a dozen incredible pieces a year but it is really worth it. and i don't feel bad about paying next to nothing because i figure i've earned it...
im with you all the way on that. it's all hit or miss and definitely requires patience.

http://threerepute.blogspot.com
07-11-2006
front row

denton thrift $34.99.

this is the center of the inside lining:

photocredit: trueblue
awesome animation credit: myself

http://threerepute.blogspot.com

Last edited by djork; 07-11-2006 at 11:25 PM.

08-11-2006
trendsetter

Djorn amazing buy! I love it. I need to find a leather jacket but I seem not to be able to find one that fits my price range. So I think I will go vintage looking this month.

08-11-2006
girl who fell to earth

great jacket djork!

great deal too!

12-11-2006
sleeping

djork, the jacket
great find everyone
strenesse jacket, 5 Euro

tfs star

nice jackets, both of you!

24-11-2006
lcm
backstage pass

i hope im not off topic here, but i have a major favor.

ive been living in nyc for the past 5 years and ive searched and searched for thrift/vintage stores that are relatively cheap..but ive only come across a few and for the most part they are very very expensive..so, to get to my point

does anyone know of any thrift/vintage stores in nyc that arent so over the top with prices? i would love you forever!!

24-11-2006
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm
i hope im not off topic here, but i have a major favor.

ive been living in nyc for the past 5 years and ive searched and searched for thrift/vintage stores that are relatively cheap..but ive only come across a few and for the most part they are very very expensive..so, to get to my point

does anyone know of any thrift/vintage stores in nyc that arent so over the top with prices? i would love you forever!!
you should do a search in the shop by city section of the forum--if you don't find an answer in there you can certainly ask your question and get answers from new yorkers

24-11-2006
lcm
backstage pass

thanks chrissym! will do

24-11-2006
trendsetter

My mum and I go to nearly all the thrift stores within a 45-mile radius. But I've never gotten anything designer. Except versace perfume. But it made me ill so I passed it along.

Maybe I can take pics of the things I have gotten though.

24-11-2006
windowshopping

lcm what is your definition of overpriced, and where have you looked already? I used to thirft/vintage hunt a lot before and maybe I can still remember where these places are, those you haven't visited.

25-11-2006
fashion icon

one of my few buys from today
a vintage (circa 70s or 80s) versace leather purse for $2.99 CAD

maybe i ll post the other stuff i got today..haha...i found alot of great stuff from before..but i just got lazy and didnt post them..sigh

love that jacket djork!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift