How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-05-2013
front row

I'm off to hit the charity shops of Glasgow's West End tomorrow, I think. Expect much gloating!

13-06-2013
front row

I turned up a beautiful grey coat in a Glasgow British Heart Foundation shop. It cost £38, but I'd have willingly paid more. The label had been snipped out, but I'm trying to figure out, from the placing of the size tag left over and the style of the coat, where it's from. I think it's a designer label; if it were high street, they wouldn't have bothered to cut the label out. Pictures coming asap!

24-06-2013
girl who fell to earth

^^I'm curious to see this coat you speak of!

Maybe someone here can even help you ID?

31-08-2013
windowshopping

I love thrifting. It's like treasure hunting... you just need to know what to look for. At my favourite local thrifting haunt to hunt I have found some pretty ridiculous items (perfect storm of being in a large metropolitan but in an out of the way area where 'fashion thrifters' don't tend to go). Some recent discoveries include a Herve Leger dress (not usually my thing but $15 for a Herve Leger is something you don't turn down), a Yves Saint Laurent Printemps/Ete 2008 silk shirt, Paco Rabanne bag, a Philip Lim 3.1 dress, and a Aquascutum wool blazer etc etc.

Basically the only things I buy new are underwear, socks, jeans and shoes (it's a line I don't cross).

03-09-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

2nd avenue sometimes has some nice stuff but u hav to look hard, women tend to be luckier in these shops

fashion insider

Just shopped the Value Village MLK 50% Off "pre-sale" on Sunday for card members and got some rad stuff. It's free to sign-up and you get the best selection unlike non-club card members who shop the next day when it's all picked over.

A Silhouette by Kathryn dress I purchased on Sunday at Value Village. I'm obsessed with white contrasting stitching... and lo and behold I find this 90s vibe dress with tie-on apron styling. Pardon the craptastic photo quality but you get the drift.

The best part and most glorious feeling ever of paying $3!

dress1.jpgdress2.JPGdress3.JPG
my snaps

Last edited by ellastica; 21-01-2014 at 12:40 AM.
21-01-2014
fashion insider

Value Village Kate Spade score w white contrasting stitching!
and my favorite Nicole Miller shades from ROSS not thrifted but paid a thrift store price of $7!

ks1.JPGks2.jpgks3.jpg

Beautiful white crochet shrug w silver beading.
Altered vintage Talbots skirt around $7 (The ruched top and zebra tights are H&M).
skirt.shrug.JPGshrug.JPG
my snaps

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift