How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2004
trendsetter

On Friday I found a gret pair of 20 eyelet black Doc Martens. I had been looking all over for a pair so I was very happy I only paid $50 for them and they are practically new.

07-09-2004
no photos, no photos

I bought a vintage black tux jacket yesterday for $2, I have to do some minor alterations to it, but for that price.....Still hunting for a white one though.

kabhi alvida

I bought my first thrift store find today-a long, off-white crochet cardigan, long, flared sleeves(prob the best ting about it)-very Biba-only 6! The thing is, after washing it, is there anything else that you guys do? I've just never thrifted before because of the hygiene factor -all my vintage stuff (and there's very little of that too) are belts, etc. But i do love this cardi. It goes perfectly with my boho look. It looks like this-'ve been looking for one for ages!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg siennanottinghill.jpg (46.4 KB, 115 views)

kabhi alvida

just noticed i wrote "ting" instead of "thing"-typo, and too late to edit.I'm not trying to be major bling-bling rap artist and use ghetto slang, that just wouldn't suit me.

ingenue

Quote:
Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Sep 7 2004, 12:43 PM
The thing is, after washing it, is there anything else that you guys do? I've just never thrifted before because of the hygiene factor
[snapback]358315[/snapback]
congrats on your new find as for cleaning it, I don't know, it depends on how the clothes smell that helps me to decide whether to do more than wash it once. if it smells funny (and the garment allows), I'd wash it two or three times. but all in all it should be okay, especially if it's only a cardigan. a little soap and water really do clean better than you might think!

07-09-2004
kabhi alvida

nah actually it doesn't smell at all-I know usually you get that "old" smell but this is ok. Thanks for your help!

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by utopia@Sep 7 2004, 01:19 PM
congrats on your new find as for cleaning it, I don't know, it depends on how the clothes smell that helps me to decide whether to do more than wash it once. if it smells funny (and the garment allows), I'd wash it two or three times. but all in all it should be okay, especially if it's only a cardigan. a little soap and water really do clean better than you might think!
[snapback]358409[/snapback]

Ditto . I have to always wash the clothes after I buy them because you have no idea where the clothes have been so to be safe I wash it a few times.

I found another YSL tie for under a dollar and also these vintage Saks Fifth Avenue red pumps but the heel has like black ink all over it, do you guys know how to get rid of them

07-09-2004
living in the sprawl

I got a brand new ralph lauren blazer for 10 bucks yesterday

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
10-10-2004
backstage pass

From my trip to Value Village yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boots.jpg (28.7 KB, 61 views)

10-10-2004
V.I.P.

today I bought this AWESOME brown belt that kinda loops closed I dunno it's hard to explain.. and I also bought a houndstooth pencil skirt and a blue tweedy looking pencil skirt.. And just a knee length denim skirt

& b

Gawwd!! I've been walking around through the Salvation Army and Goodwills, and lemme tell you, I haven't had a great time shopping for things, this week, I got so much stuff from them:

*This really preety gold shrug, it had huge shoulderpads, but I took them off, so now the fit is really slouchy and asymetrical $1.00

*Black/silver/grey/ striped blazer, it has five buttons going diagonally across the chest, so if you button it on the middle button, it has this really nice drape on your body, the shoulders are perfect, kinda puffy, but sharp, and the sleeves are 3/4 lenght $4.00

*This hot army suit, huge shoulders, but tiny waist, love the look, its wool, green, and the pants are super high waisted, the detail on the suit is amazing, the trims, the badges and stuff, only $24.00

*Beaded berets in black, gold, and white, the white one has a cat printed, soo adorable, 50 cents each

*Black cotton jodhpur riding pants, they're high waisted, and they have some sort of boning on each side, to keep the poofed look, poofed $3.99

*and the oddest of all, this neon orange jail suit, that im planning on making some darts on the waist, tighten the pants and the sleeves, to wear it out $1.00

flaunt the imperfection..

ale..if i ever come down there...we have to go thrifting...

you got some real steals...

congrats...

10-10-2004
& b

anytime, dahlin

V.I.P.

Yeah there's this HUGE goodwill by San Antonio (where I bought all my stuff) and they always have a good selection.. here's a website for anyone www.shopgoodwill.com I'm glad ya'll don't have a problem buying things from thrift stores because some of my friends think that it would be "Stooping" to go to "that kind of store"

stories everywhere

I bought this really cool embroidered thick brown leather belt this weekend. It has a big ol' brass buckle and warm tone emroidery. VERY HIPPIE. I'm so wearing it with a white dress on wednesday.

50 cents! woohoo! And I got a tortishell bakelite belt too for 35 cents!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scores, thrift