Thrift Stores - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-03-2004
backstage pass

fox in the snow,

would you happen to know what metro stop it is at?

23-03-2004
no photos, no photos

Love them!
I'm actually wearing a vintage YSL Rive Gauche blazer today (that I bought the whole suit for ten bucks and it fit perfect, which is VERY rare with men's suiting). I'm wearing it over an OLD Mickey Mouse tshirt that I bought years ago for a quarter.
Half of my house is decorated from thrift stores as well: 1950s patterned dishes and glasses, cool mod swag lamps and the most incredible orange vinyl chairs that look like a curved Barcelona chair ($24 each) that I'm thinking of having reupholstered in white leather/vinyl. The other stuff that I buy I sell/trade at antique stores to get what I really want. I'm working on getting trade for 2 pairs of Eames wire chairs this week--wish me luck.

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by purechris@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 10:22 am
Love them!
I'm actually wearing a vintage YSL Rive Gauche blazer today (that I bought the whole suit for ten bucks and it fit perfect, which is VERY rare with men's suiting). I'm wearing it over an OLD Mickey Mouse tshirt that I bought years ago for a quarter.
Half of my house is decorated from thrift stores as well: 1950s patterned dishes and glasses, cool mod swag lamps and the most incredible orange vinyl chairs that look like a curved Barcelona chair ($24 each) that I'm thinking of having reupholstered in white leather/vinyl. The other stuff that I buy I sell/trade at antique stores to get what I really want. I'm working on getting trade for 2 pairs of Eames wire chairs this week--wish me luck.
love the look you're sporting purecris...

never find bargains like that in NYC...not even at the salvation army...

good luck with the chairs!

24-03-2004
windowshopping

Today I found the coolest Enid Collins tote at the thrift shop. It is a 1965. It is just wat I've been looking for. Now I know I have an handbag no one else will be carrying. The best thing is the price was 1 dollar.

24-03-2004
windowshopping

for anyone that lives in los angeles California, bufflo exchange is a great second hand store. they buy, sell and trade clothes. there is also one in san diego. im not sure where else though.

24-03-2004
tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by makeme_over@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
for anyone that lives in los angeles California, bufflo exchange is a great second hand store. they buy, sell and trade clothes. there is also one in san diego. im not sure where else though.
There's one here in Seattle, too. It's cool, not as good as Redlight, though.

Max
scenester

Location: Claremont (1 hour from LA) for college and Bay Area for home.
Quote:
Originally posted by makeme_over@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
Yes, LA has a great many quality secondhand & vintage stores. Buffalo is the one on Melrose, right? That store never has enough guy stuff for me, but my girlfriends always find absolutely ridiculous deals there on just out of season stuff when we go there, like a runway Custo shirt for something like $50.

25-03-2004
trendsetter

gahhh! i would looove to go thrift shopping in europe, where cast-offs are most likely much more desirable than the ones say, here in canada

31-07-2005
windowshopping

i love thrift stores. they are the main things i shop in, except for Ross and Wal-Mart. i've haven't gone to The Salvation Army yet. probably heading there tomorrow to look around.

01-08-2005
backstage pass

Thrift stores are awesome. My wardrobe is so heavy on vintage...I love looking through the stuff. Even the stuff I wouldn't be interested in buying, because it always makes me wonder where it has been in its life thus far...

Last year we drove down to Florida and I insisted on beforehand finding out every city we were drivng through and checking to see if any thrift stores were there. We made a whole bunch of stops and I found some great things. It drove everyone else crazy, but I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

02-10-2009
windowshopping

Second-hands in Portsmouth
Does anyone know the best ones in Portsmouth?

21-01-2014
fashion icon

just purchased an over-sized calender which i'm in the process of filling out to mark down Value Village 50% off sale days so i can be sure to be off on that day i'm actually not joking.

Any fellow VV junkies remember all of the 50% sale dates through out the year? i shop pretty much exclusively at VV so i'm clueless as to correlating typical mall holiday/sale dates.

Just shopped the MLK "pre-sale" on Sunday for card members and got some rad stuff. It's free to sign-up and you get the best selection unlike non-club card members who shop the next day when it's all picked over.

Often times I'll fall in love with something that's not my size but if it's a relatively well-known brand I'm able to track it down on eBay.

While I don't go out of my way to find designer labels but if I love it, I will of course snap it up. I try not to buy anything just because of a designer label but will avoid certain brands like target, old navy etc that everyone and their second cousins have seen or worn.

Unless of course it's obviously vintage Old Navy, GAP, Express. I'm sure GAP Express shoppers etc have noticed the season/year dates on the white fabric content labels? If it's not dated then it's most likely uber vintage GAP etc.

The best Seattle area Value Villages are Ballard, Lake City.

or further south I love the VV in Burien, Kent, Puyallup and Tacoma.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
stores, thrift