How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-12-2007
V.I.P.

Miaou I got some Sass & Bass jeans too - they were the equiv of $22 here and a Chloe top for $12! They also had Missoni, Miu Miu and Prada tops on the Reduced rail!

Last edited by Ceptuouse; 14-12-2007 at 02:30 AM.

14-12-2007
in the mood for love

Hmm... I once saw See by Chloe dress and a Prada skirt... both were kinda ugly not worth their price even in TK MAxx. Both were around 100pounds. *shrugs*

V.I.P.

Yeah some things are a bit eww and definitely need to be reduced a number of times - haha the best bargains!!

14-12-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam1e View Post
Miaou I got some Sass & Bass jeans too - they were the equiv of $22 here and a Chloe top for $12! They also had Missoni, Miu Miu and Prada tops on the Reduced rail!
Wow, $22!! That's really great !! Feel kinda bad for everyone who had to pay $200+ for theirs

I found a Karl Lagerfeld dress at my local TJ Maxx for $60...wearing it to the company holiday party tonight!

14-12-2007
tfs star

So not fair what you guys find!
The best designer I find is Calvin flipping Klein!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu55inthemule View Post
I visited the new TK Maxx near me today.......it turned out to be an expensive trip!

I got some Frye boots reduced RRP £350 and got them for £70!!!!
A Ospey purse RRP £135 got it for £25
Wrangler jeans for £17
Bag
Underwear

I also love the exciting feeling you get rummaging through not knowing what you will find!
Wow...I am especially impressed with the Fryes...I wish I could find some for that price..I'm lucky at our Tj Maxx if I find a nice candle..

V.I.P.

Great buys MU55inthemule... I am exactly the same it is the not Knowing what you will find that makes the rummaging thru worth while! A couple of weeks ago I just happened to go in as they had just reduced a load of knitwear and I ended up spending 110 pounds on 12 items! love it!!

20-12-2007
front row

Im Australian and we dont really have anything like this where I am from,

My family is on holiday in the UK at the moment and we ducked into one of those stores to get out of the cold...

3 hours later we emerged with...
Grey Superfine Jeans (22GBP)
Grey Superfine shorts x2 (one for my sister) 7GBP each
True Religion Dark grey jeans (I am going to be doing the grey jean thing for a while) 18 GBP
Wedgewood and Portmerion china? which my Mum was rather excited about 4GBP per item

We also saw some other designer items
Sunglasses: BCBG, Max Mara, Tom Ford, Lulu Guinness, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Emporio Armani, Givenchy... etc (ranging from 12 to 40GBP for the Armani)

Bags: Loads of Calvin Klein bags (not my taste) as they were splattered with logos and Osprey (22 to 40 GBP)

Luggage: Loads of Diane von furstenberg, Liz Clairbourne and Ralph Lauren (40 to 100GBP)

High end denim: True Religion, Cheap Monday, Loads of Helmut Lang, Earl Denim, Superfines, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Mui Mui, 7 jeans (between 7 and 30GBP)

Other random spottings: Prada skirts, Dkny knitwear, Helmut Lang cardigan, Bcbg shoes, Miss Sixty boots, Marc by Marc Jacobs boots, Ralph Lauren swimwear, Burberry Glasses, mui mui jumper, dior hosiery...etc (all under 50GBP)

(sorry for using GBP instead of the pounds character... which im not sure how to type)

26-12-2007
backstage pass

The T.J. Maxx near my house has Dooney & Bourke and the random high end jean brand (I saw Rock & Republic once), at best. Lots and lots of Polo and Tommy Hilfiger. It's pretty boring. They do have very nice Italian leather purses, but they get snatched up quickly. The best I ever did was a Ralph Lauren tote for $20 (originally $90).

I thought all T.J. Maxxes were like mine until I went to the one next to the Galleria...I wanted to cry. They had so many different designers like Vince, 7FAM, R&R, Joe's, AG, Dior, Versus, etc. I think it was a good thing that I didn't have any money that day because I would have done some serious damage if I did (I was seriously eyeing a navy Vince cardigan).

Last edited by cyberfruit; 26-12-2007 at 10:27 PM.
30-12-2007
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I notice the one here in Northern Florida is like yours. Rock & Republic jeans, I saw/bought once - a Stella McCartney cami top (originally $450, down to $60) which I did not buy, and a couple of other things have been the stand-outs. Nothing spectacular. I find better items at the TJ Maxx in Omaha, Nebraska, than I do here.

30-12-2007
girl who fell to earth

i got a great proenza schouler skirt on sale right before christmas for $120..

miraculously it was the only one left and in my size
i often have luck like that in tj maxx and i'm really happy about that

i'll have to post a picture when i get a chance to snap one..

02-01-2008
V.I.P.

We have about 6 different TJ's within twenty minutes of me so I make the rounds quite often. Always tons of HE jeans but the locations with The Runway selection are the best, they get all the Prada/D&G and like in and not just clothes - accessories and shoes.

I just picked up a LOLA makeup brush set for $12.99 that was $80 in Sephora not a year ago. Yay!

04-01-2008
All that Glitters is Gold

I keep hearing about this place but until recently there wasn't one near me. I would go to Loehmann's quite often and find great deals (they sound like the same type of store). I'd kind of like to visit the new one that opened up near me.

Last edited by Gwen; 04-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.
04-01-2008
V.I.P.

^^
Yeah they are the same type of store. Loehmann's is more organized and generally has more of each item than TJMaxx in my experience. TJ's seems to be cheaper, too, at least in my experience.

08-01-2008
backstage pass

I got some sweet green swede boots last night for $20

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk