How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2008
User Friendly

is there a general rule about where the best TJ Maxx' are located? Nearer big cities, farther ??

08-01-2008
girl who fell to earth

i don't think there is a general rule but i would say that from my experience the best ones are in more suburban areas and near affluent communities..
i think those are the ones that typically stock more high end brands..

sometimes the ones in the cities carry more urban wear with an emphasis on brands like, sean john, fubu, rockawear etc.. you get the idea :p

08-01-2008
trendsetter

I recently got a really lovely DKNY tank top at my local TJMAXX. It's magenta silk with bias cut strips. . .hard to describe- it looks sort of 'tattered' or 'shredded' but in a good way sort of rock n roll. . .semi see through in places. It was only $29 !!

08-01-2008
front row

The holiday stuff from Philosophy is already in the beauty clearance section--boxed soap sets (they had the Holiday Soap Cookbook Set) on sale for $8 and individual items $1-$8.

Last edited by Sunkist; 08-01-2008 at 11:15 PM.
09-01-2008
front row

There's a purple Marc Jacobs tank at one near my house. It's $108.

09-01-2008
User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
sometimes the ones in the cities carry more urban wear with an emphasis on brands like, sean john, fubu, rockawear etc.. you get the idea :p

Thanks for the info though ChrissyM

I think the only good thing I've found at TJ max was they had a whole bunch of nice calvin klein scarves for $14.99, and one time i found red maxmara sunglasses for $29.99

09-01-2008
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
The holiday stuff from Philosophy is already in the beauty clearance section--boxed soap sets (they had the Holiday Soap Cookbook Set) on sale for $8 and individual items $1-$8.
Sounds intriguing, thanks. I'll have to find where the closest TJ Maxx is and visit sometime soon.

fashion elite

i hated tj maxx but i went with my mom since she likes thats store and i ended up buying a pair of Oscar de la renta sunglassed for $10. I also found these really really pretty marc jacobs shoes that were on clearance for $110 but they didnt have my size!

13-01-2008
V.I.P.

I've never been to a bad TJ's, to be honest! I've always found at least something I liked.

I live in Scarsdale, NY. The selection at ours is pretty good but there is one half an hour away in NJ that has a big Runway section which is amazing, always packed with shelves and shelves of high end jeans and high end designer wears on a regular basis. Plus, no tax there.

Apparently TJ's is based right out side of Boston and my friend who goes to school in Boston said the TJ's there are the best she's ever seen!

29-01-2008
mmmmmm...fashion....

i was suprised to find hermes and omega watches at the hammersmith store(london)- although at £900 for the cape cod i'd rather buy from an AD instead..

15-02-2008
front row

I know the TJ Maxx in NYC gets the best stuff hands down. And, is their biggest money maker. I worked there.

16-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
is there a general rule about where the best TJ Maxx' are located? Nearer big cities, farther ??

I bought a Vera Wang dress in the middle of nowhere Michigan, and Chicago's TJ Maxx sells Prada and Miu Miu.

If you typically don't find good things at a certain location though, it will probably stay that way.

16-02-2008
jedinečnej krŠsy

I had no idea TJ Maxx had designer goods...unfortunately in the market I live in, I won't find anything high end...

16-02-2008
tfs star

I assume the TJ Maxx near me(northern ohio) wouldn't have anything high end.Not that I buy anything like that, but it'd be fun to work there and be around the designer labels.

18-02-2008
scenester

I try to go every now and then but I can never find any designer items! The one closest to where I live only seems to have brands like Apple Bottom jeans and Baby Phat...also, what is a "Runway section"? Do some TJ Maxx's actually have this section?? I get so frustrated every time I go because it's so unorganized and difficult to shop through, so maybe I'm not looking in the right place!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk