How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-11-2008
once more, with feeling

the stores seem to get a steady supply of designer denim these days. every time i go, i find 7 for all mankind, true religion, etc.

11-11-2008
V.I.P.

i think TJ/TK Maxx really makes you wonder how much a designer garment is worth

at $60, they're still making a profit.

11-11-2008
fashion insider

^^ agreed...
i even saw superfine there...

12-11-2008
tfs star

Oh I know, it's just silly. I got a dress at Tj Maxx the other day that retailed for 900 dollars for 30, and like mentioned above, there was still a profit made.

rising star

We should add to the title of this thread TJ Maxx/TK Maxx/Marshalls - Marshalls is owned by the same company. And I just found at Marshalls yesterday Diesel jeans, True Religion T-shirts, Juicy Couture t-shirts and velour pants...a girl could go crazy. *sigh* And yes I recently scored a pair of 7 for All Mankind Dojo's from TJ Maxx and they also had True Religion Bobby's, Antiks, and some others. Love!

14-11-2008
girl who fell to earth

^^i think there might actually be another thread for marshall's somewhere....

12-04-2009
tfs star

There was a Philosophy/Alberta Ferretti (sp) ivy green silk layered mini skirt at my TJ's maked down to $119. It got marked down again and I bought it. I couldn't find any tops to go with it so I returned it. I went back 2 weeks later and it was marked down to $39. I bought it and was super excited but then I returned it again because for the life of me I could not find a shirt that went well with the texture of the skirt. : (

I forgot that I got some super cute white Miu Miu sunnies for $19.99, they must have been mis-tagged/priced. They have the best sunglasses when you go in early winter. I haven't seen any cute sunnies there since it started warming up.

Last edited by couturecouture; 12-04-2009 at 03:42 PM.
12-04-2009
girl who fell to earth

^^yeah sunglasses can be very hit or miss there...
sometimes they have a few nice pairs stashed away at the jewelry counter but for the most part there's not a whole lot..

shame about the alberta ferretti skirt...
i probably would have kept it with the idea that i would eventually find something that would work :p

which is probably why my closet and drawers are about to burst at the seams

12-04-2009
fashion elite

Mine had a lot of Just Cavalli Shoes... They were $79-$89. Some Kate Spade was there as well for whoever is interested..

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Is anybody familiar with TJ Maxx's/Marshalls' clearance/mark-down trends? Trying to catch their next round of markdowns for some late summer shopping.

04-07-2009
tfs star

recently they got a ton of j crew stuff, I got five pairs of shoes for about sixty dollars. pretty exciting. They also had some of the wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses for 20 bucks.

tfs star

^ Wow are you serious!? That's awesome!

04-07-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Is anybody familiar with TJ Maxx's/Marshalls' clearance/mark-down trends? Trying to catch their next round of markdowns for some late summer shopping.

I think their major clearance sales are early fall (mid/late september) and early January, I don't remember the exact weeks, and I'm sure it varies by store, there are also 2 weekends during those sales that all clearance is an extra 15% off, but I usually end up missing those weekends! At my TJ Maxx they put out all the clearance that has been stored in back for months during these sales and mark them way down, this january I got 7 or 8 pairs of capris and pants for 70 cents each plus an additional 15% off (crazy), and most of them were just basic white things that wouldn't go out of style.

04-07-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Oh wow!

Yeah, I actually called a TJMaxx and they said early September so that must be the time.

I often find that the good items in LA are taken pretty quickly, though - before a good markdown can even be applied.

Another thing that is annoying about TJMaxx is the security tags! They put them in awful places sometimes, leaving a hole - especially bad for non-cotton items.

04-07-2009
tfs star

^ I know, I hate getting home and finding little holes from the security tags, it seems like most of the stores I shop at are getting worse about them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk