How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2006
fashion insider

i have bought two pair of earnest sewn jeans, a pair of dark burgundy plastic cynthia rowley aviators, and a pair of dark purple gucci oversized sunglasses.

both sunglasses have been broken or lost or both (good thing i didn't pay retail!), but the jeans still grace my *** every week. the jeans i bought in november maybe, and the sunglasses i bought years ago. i still miss the guccis every day, i think.

16-05-2006
backstage pass

my friend works for tjx and tells me when they get cool stuff in , otherwise i never find anything good.

22-05-2006
trendsetter

i live a 2 minute drive away from a tjmaxx that just built where i live but the sad thing is that this one doesnt carry satisfactory merchandise

24-05-2006
backstage pass

I like TK Maxx, I haven't got anything extroadinary from there but IMo it depends on the individual store, some have cheap tat whereas others seem to get better stock.

when the rats run riot

the one by me doesn't carry anything special... the best i have done there was a pair of Miss Sixty jeans for $20. but after hearing so many success stories i want to go again and really search the store.

04-06-2006
girl who fell to earth

bought these gladiator type sandals by rampage the other day for $19 i think
mine were in bronze but here is a pic of them in silver from rampage.com.. they retail on the site for $60 right now.. gotta love the deals at tj maxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOEMISILVER.jpg (20.2 KB, 3 views)

04-06-2006
V.I.P.

I went to the TJ Maxx in Rockville, right by my house, ya, there's nothing. Some Ralph Lauren, just plain stuff, polos, tshirts maybe a boring jean here and there...Racks of that Apple Bottoms ****, OMG...

Nothing in the bag section...I saw this gorgeous PUPRLE Samsonite hardcore, I have a thing for Samsonite hardcores, if I didnt have a suitcase Id have gotten this one...I loved the fact that it was purple...

Last edited by Diorling; 04-06-2006 at 11:01 PM.
05-06-2006
girl who fell to earth

Apple Bottoms=yuck ... who told Nelly it was ok for him to design jeans?

05-06-2006
windowshopping

Hey...I worked there for a year and a half before opening my own online business. Like the topic starter said, there are some CUTE things there, you just have to have the patience to sort through everything. Although I didn't get much of an employee discount, I spent TOO much money there. The problem is, we would get trucks of like 500 boxes in and have to get everything out onto the floor by like noon, thats why it was so cramped. But take my advice, if you have time look through, you wont be dissapointed

05-06-2006
windowshopping

oh also...new things come in daily...so if you dont like what they had on tuesday, come in friday and it will be completely different stuff

05-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM
Apple Bottoms=yuck ... who told Nelly it was ok for him to design jeans?
I know right, I heard that even though they make your butt look bootylicious the fabric is cheap!

when the rats run riot

...Apple Bottoms were featured on Oprahs "Favorite Things" show...since then i have seen a lot of people wearing them, and despite that they are supposed to look good, they didn't work on any of the people i saw wearing them

28-07-2006
girl who fell to earth

i was making some returns at tj maxx this morning and as i was leaving i saw some women bringing in some big boards..
the type that look like they would be placed on walls or in windows to advertise merchandise....
and i don't remember exactly what they said on them, but i did see the brand names prada and miu miu along with some others...

does anyone know what it could have been about?
will tj maxx be offering more high end items in their stores?
or perhaps opening up a different sort of store akin to that accessories store "the maxx" that they recently opened?

i should note that I was in the tjmaxx in framingham, ma... where as i found out from googling just now the company originated (which makes sense because they have their headquarters/corporate building there)... so maybe the framingham/natick locations are where they would try out their new concepts?

anyone have any info?

29-07-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

^ tk maxx in hammersmith, london had a selection of galliano, gucci,marni and dolce. ysl leather jackets were about £500- it was a bit of a shock to see high end items in that enviroment. applique prada cardigans were about £200.

29-07-2006
girl who fell to earth

^^ very interesting... whenever I've seen high end stuff it's usually just one garment here and there..

maybe they are trying to slowly get more high end merchandise in there...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk