How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2007
scenester

Last year in London TK Maxx there was a lot of high end stuff, both in Hammersmith and Clapham Junction branches. I even saw a Marni coat in Hammersmith. CJ had a lot of garish Pucci stuff last year. Hammersmith had some silk see by chloe blouses a couple of months back. The CJ branch had a weird cube shaped black Gucci double G print bag for £99 this past weekend. It was small and a strange shape for a bag.

I've seen Lulu Guinness, Bric's and Osprey bags in various branches in the past. Lots of Osprey bags in at the moment.

I saw some Prada mens' suits in the Croydon branch before Christmas.

I've bought Givenchy and Ray Ban sunglasses in UK TK Maxx for £20 each. I've also seen sunglasses by Celine, Loewe, Fendi, Chanel (awful pale blue lenses), Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Etro, Missoni, Max Mara..... They start getting them in around March I think with deliveries right through the summer. It's best to go several times.

15-01-2007
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela xx
so should we expect what we find depending on where we live?
like the tj maxxes in places like say, NY would be a lot more likely to have worth while items than a place like Maryland?
i don't think that all NY stores will necessarily be better than all maryland stores.. or any other region for that matter

i think that it really depends on each individual store and the specific town or location...
some have more "urban" clothing... rockawear, sean john etc because ppl that fit that demographic live in the area while other stores might carry more high end items..

like messe_de_minuit mentioned.. it's best to sort of check in often because they get new stuff in all the time

there are 3 tjmaxx locations that i go to for the most part.. one of them i rarely find good things in--but the point is, i usually know what to expect when i go into each of them.. and though there is some overlap in merchandise it is like they are three different stores in some ways..

15-01-2007
front row

Both stores in my area have this Designer department mentioned in the thread...but its full of mostly disappointing items.

20-01-2007
rock-chic

I find TK Maxx very hit or miss - the York one is like a jumble sale, but I've had a couple of pairs of jeans, a long suede coat & several pairs of Doc Martens (when I was into them!) The Harrogate one is better laid out and I've had some really nice clothes from there and some household things. I've also had some great underwear. I've yet to try the Lincoln one.

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

^^ tk maxx is great for homewear .. brought many a nice last minute house warming gift from there.
the udnerwear is good as its all the off sizes as well so i can actually get my size 4 or 6 knickers

27-01-2007
V.I.P.

so there IS a TJ Maxx near me! I just realized this.

what the heck was i thinking......
i'm going in the morning after I go to Ross.

02-02-2007
rising star

I am hitting like 4 TJ Maxx's tomorrow. SWEET.

03-03-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by messe_de_minuit
Last year in London TK Maxx there was a lot of high end stuff, both in Hammersmith and Clapham Junction branches. I even saw a Marni coat in Hammersmith. CJ had a lot of garish Pucci stuff last year. Hammersmith had some silk see by chloe blouses a couple of months back. The CJ branch had a weird cube shaped black Gucci double G print bag for £99 this past weekend. It was small and a strange shape for a bag.

I've seen Lulu Guinness, Bric's and Osprey bags in various branches in the past. Lots of Osprey bags in at the moment.

I saw some Prada mens' suits in the Croydon branch before Christmas.

I've bought Givenchy and Ray Ban sunglasses in UK TK Maxx for £20 each. I've also seen sunglasses by Celine, Loewe, Fendi, Chanel (awful pale blue lenses), Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Etro, Missoni, Max Mara..... They start getting them in around March I think with deliveries right through the summer. It's best to go several times.
I've seen some osprey bags and purses in my local one in the UK. I've heard of them but don't now much about them are they good or worth it?

Also about 6-9 months ago I saw a couple of managrammed Dooney and Burke bags in there too. Not my taste, a tan colour and way to small, but I thought it unusual in a UK store. Not seen any since though.

17-03-2007
rising star

In my local store we get a lot of Bestsey Johnson bags and make up bags in, as well as Billy Bags, and the See by Chloe brand. Also some lovely Moschino silk scarves.

17-03-2007
V.I.P.

i went to my both my local marshalls/tj maxx stores today.

saw some really good health and beauty items. diane von furstenberg makeup, hard candy and urban decay makeup, philosophy soaps, philosphy bubble bath etc.

has anyone seen any other good makeup stuff at their tj maxx's?

18-03-2007
girl who fell to earth

i actually saw some of the same in terms of beauty stuff at one of my local tjmaxx's... a bunch of hard candy, i bought a couple urban decay lipglosses...

i've also been seeing some korres products which i think i've only seen at whole foods otherwise--so i've scooped some of that stuff up at good prices...

there's also a lot of new stuff in the runway at the maxx selections...
they've brought some stuff in from bergdorf goodman and another store whose name I am blanking on..
the tags are still on the items so you can see what they originally were going for in the other stores..
makes you feel good about the deal you're getting

also some good deals to be had in that area on clearance items.
I got a callaghan dress for $25
a dolce & gabbana dress (some blue rubber thing more for a laugh than anything else) for $7
my mother bought a dolce & gabbana skirt-suit for $30 (marked down from the original tj maxx price of $700! )...
it's missing buttons on the front of the jacket but those are easy enough to replace..

decent prices on "designer denim" as well..

18-03-2007
tfs star

I love TJ Maxx. I have real long legs (min 36ins!) and I but nearly all my jeans in there are they have tons of brands with long lengths. It means that I dont have to go into normal stores and see if they do a longer leg range and pay over the odds for a few more inches of fabric! I love that its not really organized either. I love a good rummage! I got my prom dress from there - coral halterneck with diamante studs, great fit and great price. I have bought Sevens in there and today i got some Ultra black zip leg skinny jeans by redial for £15! I also like to get bras in there - i can get my Calvin Klein bras and other great brands for a fiver each - even got a Dolce and Gabbana one for less than a tenner! I love the store but i have to admit that i did take some getting used to!

18-03-2007
tfs star

i saw the new superfines in there today too - y'know the ones that the olsens are sporting - shame they didnt fit my leg!

18-03-2007
V.I.P.

wow, superfine jeans? thats amazing.the only place ive seen that here is barneys.
out tjmaxx's in the states mainly seem to have denim from the antik family of brands...
chrissym, those are great bargains!
i love hard candy makeup...and im dying to find more philosophy products.
im going to start combing my metro area
ive also seen korres shampoos and stuff at marshalls/tjmaxx.
i also think that tjmaxx is a great place for bras and undies.

18-03-2007
girl who fell to earth

^^good point about the underwear lucy... i think someone else in the UK mentioned it above as well..

i think the majority of my underwear comes from tjmaxx..
it's inexpensive and i've found a lot of good stuff there...
especially when i was in college and didn't want to be doing laundry all the time
i stockpiled so much underwear!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk