How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
i also think that tjmaxx is a great place for bras and undies.
ive scored agent p pieces from there

also tk maxx is good if your an odd size ie. short etc. as they have odd sizes which is good for me

27-03-2007
rock-chic

Definately good if ur not average size - can get loads. I'm 5' 7", size UK 6 -8 with size UK 3 -4 feet & got so much good stuff. In my local area, Harrogate one is the best, much more organised than York or Leeds.

V.I.P.

^^ hehe that was such a nicer way to put what i ment to say lol .. not adverage sounds much nicer then odd

28-03-2007
front row

I dont think I have ever found anything remotely nice at TJ Maxx. They are usually full of not even bad name brands, but no name brands. Topping out at Max Studio as their best. Seems like they take Ross' worst leftovers...but I think I will go look again today after school.

At Marshalls though, I have had a little better luck. I got these really strange pair of marithe francois girbaud pants that have velco and ties all around. They usually have alright selection of purses.

Nordstrom's Rack usually has a lot more high end things. They carry a good stock of Marc Jacobs purses, sometimes shoes (usually theyre pretty ugly though). Kate Spade purses and wallets. Michael Kors purses. Lately I had been seeing some L.A.M.B. clothes that was soooo hideous and overpriced even after the sale.

When Susie BBl made a post on her blog about how in the UK versions she had scored some high end things, my jaw dropped. Because I swear you guys who get to see these things at TJ maxx are like one in a million. Most people who go there have no clue of what anything is...and they just throw everything around. Usually a lot of the merch is on the floor by the end of the day, and people are running over the stuff with their shopping carts. They go for the things that are fake fancy.

tfs star

My Tj Maxx has TONS of expensive designer stuff right now. It's in a decent area of Columbus,OH, but I still can't imagine people spending 500 dollars on a Valentino coat, or a Carolina Herrera blouse. The best thing I saw was a Vera Wang bridesmaid dress for 100 dollars. If it would have fit any of my girls who are going to be in my wedding I would have scooped it up.

29-03-2007
front row

I like tj maxx, my aunt takes me there all the time. I don't really find super designer stuff there though, only like semi above normal labels. Like I found a few soundgirl items there for real cheap.

30-03-2007
front row

The one in my area also has some good bath and beauty stuff-they had Marc Jacobs body cream for well under retail. I've also noticed bath and beauty products there from Philosophy, Bare Escentuals, Lancome, Sugar, etc.

Last edited by Sunkist; 30-03-2007 at 07:17 PM.
01-04-2007
V.I.P.

warning

it was on uk news that everyone who has shopped here resently has had there credit card hacked .... someone hacked into their computer thing and stole everyones numbers ... people are being urged to carefully check there statements

01-04-2007
backstage pass

i got my earnest sewn deccas for $12 at tj maxx.

28-04-2007
V.I.P.

Just got some Superfine jeans from the clearance rail - they fit and were down to 20GBPs / 40$ !!

01-05-2007
tfs star

yeah the hacking news is in america too.

01-05-2007
the crying of humanity

All of the TJ Maxx locations I've visited carried little 'designer' items—Tommy Hilfiger and Liz Claiborne were the biggest names. I'd probably become a bit shocked if I were to come across Valentino in one.

front row

Stopped by yesterday. As usual, ours (which is small) is terrible for clothing but very good for beauty products and housewares.

The local Marshall's/TJ Maxx has a lot of Philosophy stuff, all of it marked from 4.99 to 8.99. They had body souffle/cream and the 3-in-1 stuff (the shampoo/body wash). They also had Lancome Juicy Tubes for 7.99 each, Sugar makeup pallettes/kits for 3.99 (they have the "Storybook Sugar" kits which retail for 24 dollars at Sephora) and Lucky Chick's "Gloss and Glow" and "Gloss and Mint" for 3.99 each (retails for 16-18 dollars). Most of it was still sealed in it's original boxes.

Also lots of Kate Spade stationery/home/etc. items (journals, notecards, agendas, wallets) and some high quality candles (they had Rigaud).

Last edited by Sunkist; 02-05-2007 at 07:55 AM.
03-05-2007
tfs star

i hate tk maxx, not because it has horrid clothes or anything but because i just get so mad going through the rails and rails of things. i reminds me of a jumble sale to be honest. i can remember i went in there once and i had to leave, i just got so fed up haha.
but if it was easier then i would shop their for sure
and tj hughes, i like it there for makeup and stuff like that. =]

03-05-2007
V.I.P.

I know what you mean about it being like a jumble sale - I really have to be in the mood to go through the rails and sometimes there is nothing exciting - but I have found some good stuff in the past so I am regularly tempted for a look!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk