How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2007
windowshopping

I love Tj maxx/ marshalls and other similar stores. I go at least once a week and more often than not, pick up something I really love. I think they are actually organized extremely well in my opinion. Sure, sometimes the clothes or shoes may by on the floor or the sunglasses in a jumbled mess, but what I love most about its organization is that it is organized by size, and not brand or color.

Usually I do not care too much about the particular brand or color of a shirt, and imagine having to go through heaps and heaps of clothing and checking the size lable on every single one of them to see if it would fit. If I'm shifting in the section for "small", then I'd know that if I find something cute, it would fit me. Same goes for their shoes and other items. In my opinion, I believe it is the best organization a fashion store could have.

04-05-2007
V.I.P.

There is always an element of excitement with tk.....wondering what unexpected and unusual item you may just find!

04-05-2007
front row

Today I found a very nice Joie tank for $20 with an original price tag of $110! I was also going to buy the newest Betsey Johnson perfume but the spray cap was broken and it was the only one.

girl who fell to earth

i actually just got home from tjmaxx...

got a lot of great soaps
which is great because i'm a bar soap rather than body wash type of girl and was able to buy 5 or 6 big bars of great smelling soaps in citrus-y scents that I really like... excited to start using one of them

also got a couple sports bras and a summery green and white long-ish dress for $30

V.I.P.

I went to tk today but only found mens.... jean-paul gaultier tees @19.99gbp

14-05-2007
front row

I stopped by one in a different city, and they had some nice shoes. There were Delman flats, Frye boots, and Marc Marc Jacobs flats, all for about 50 bucks a pair.

14-05-2007
girl who fell to earth

^^wow! great prices!

I've seen some Marc Jacobs pail purple mouse flats at Marshalls and some Delman as well but usually for over $75-$100 or over, unless they are damaged or lime green and in the clearance section after being in the store for months..

User Friendly

They have NO name brands at my TJ max.. hmm.. maybe I should move?

20-05-2007
Iowa Girl at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
The local Marshall's/TJ Maxx has a lot of Philosophy stuff, all of it marked from 4.99 to 8.99. They had body souffle/cream and the 3-in-1 stuff (the shampoo/body wash). They also had Lancome Juicy Tubes for 7.99 each, Sugar makeup pallettes/kits for 3.99 (they have the "Storybook Sugar" kits which retail for 24 dollars at Sephora) and Lucky Chick's "Gloss and Glow" and "Gloss and Mint" for 3.99 each (retails for 16-18 dollars). Most of it was still sealed in it's original boxes.

Also lots of Kate Spade stationery/home/etc. items (journals, notecards, agendas, wallets) and some high quality candles (they had Rigaud).
WOW. I have never had the luxury of a nice TJ Maxx like that... I lived in Chicago for a little while, but never really hunted while I was there. Now I live in Tallahassee, Florida (of all places), and the stores here offer nothing like that. It's quite depressing.. I would go nuts for Lancome! Mark Jacobs... absolutely..

The only "goodies" I saw yesterday while I was there was Elizabeth Arden skin cream for $20 (not even sure if THAT is a great price for the stuff, but I know that it retails for a high price). Bleh.

23-05-2007
windowshopping

I also got the Sugar beauty palette for 3.99. I've seen a lot of good stuff at mine. The designer denim in the runway collection is great.

24-05-2007
rising star

I will admit to being a regular shopper at TJs. Since I am so cheap, I like to hit the clearance racks at the end of seasons. I have also gotten some great buys on work out gear.

02-07-2007
rising star

I bought a Marc by Marc Jacobs scarf at TKMaxx for 16pounds a couple of weeks ago. Its navy with a red boarder and little red riding hood print. I love it SO much

02-07-2007
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA
They have NO name brands at my TJ max.. hmm.. maybe I should move?
Maybe I should as well.

backstage pass

I love TJ Maxx. So many great clothes at pretty great prices. The only thing you have to really check for is rips on the clothes. It can also be highly unorganized, but it's def worth the long hours spent there. My mom has bought so many cute tops there.

03-07-2007
fashion elite

i do love TJmaxx, i find some awesome clothes there.
i've found DKNY jeans, trash dresses, lots of great stuff.
BCBG flats

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk