How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-08-2007
scenester

I barely find anything good at the local TJ Maxx, but yesterday I stopped by to browse (w/ no intention to find or buy anything) and ended up finding a very well fitting black military style jacket by Karl Lagerfeld for only $59.99! That was the best find I've ever had at TJ Maxx.

26-08-2007
girl who fell to earth

that's the thing about tjmaxx..
you've got to have a little luck and do a lot of digging

congrats on your new jacket!

06-10-2007
V.I.P.

Just got a LULU GUINNESS little back bag "Born to be different" All boxed up approx $60 / 50 euros

09-10-2007
rising star

I visited the new TK Maxx near me today.......it turned out to be an expensive trip!

I got some Frye boots reduced RRP £350 and got them for £70!!!!
A Ospey purse RRP £135 got it for £25
Wrangler jeans for £17
Bag
Underwear

I also love the exciting feeling you get rummaging through not knowing what you will find!

10-10-2007
V.I.P.

^ Great buys! I am the same - It is such a brill feeling when you find something exciting!

10-10-2007
backstage pass

Yes, for the most part success comes from having the patience to dig around diligently in a TJ Maxx, but I think that mostly it's beyond your control. Geographically I think the quality of TJ Maxx stores differs greatly. If you are in one in a more affluent neighborhood, you'll get higher-end finds. For example, at the one that I go to in the Hamptons, I always am able to find designers such as Tory Burch, Prada, Ralph Lauren, etc.

"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away."
10-10-2007
tfs star

My TKmaxes have nothing good

V.I.P.

^same here

11-10-2007
V.I.P.

It is the same here in the UK, the more affluent areas get the better stock but it is still always worth taking a look where-ever you are!

14-10-2007
front row

I've found great things at the tjmaxx where i live... i live in an affluent suburb near l.a., california. I got a marc jacobs suit blazer for $300 while retail was almost $2k... and i also got a costume national white jacket for $100 when retail was more than $700.. l am having training at that tjmaxx store and i saw a bunch of missoni stuff I almost died.. didn't have time to buy, but I'm definitely getting a missoni jacket next time I go there to work/train. they always have designer stuff like valentino, elie tahari, dolce&gabbana, costume national, marc jacobs, ralph lauren, miu miu, prada, alberta ferreti, just cavalli/roberto cavalli, bagley mischka, etc.. I saw this amazing $4k marc jacobs dress for $480... i want it but i dont know where I would wear it because it's sort of a formal party dress but I think I would wear it to graduation if I were to buy it..
they carry a lot of designer jeans too like seven for all mankind, paige, jbrand, true religion, earnest sewn, chip and pepper, paper cloth and denim, hudson, etc...

15-10-2007
V.I.P.

^ Wow what cool buys! We have had some good names here in the UK too this autumn...Prada, Missonni, Chloe as well as some amazing deals on some great name jeans. It must be tough seeing good stuff and not being able to buy...hope you take a trip there on your day off and bag those bargains

12-11-2007
when the rats run riot

saw the most amazing pair of frye boots there the other day...
marked only $70!
but were a size 6....
that is the problem with these stores, it's take it or leave it

15-11-2007
fashion icon

ugh... clothingwise the TJMaxx in Beaverton only has Polo and American Eagle. That's pretty much as high end as it goes. so not very. The best place for REALLY CHEAP designerwear is Nordstrom Rack. It's basically all the stuff Nordstrom doesn't sell so lots of great options!!! My aunts from New Jersey always come to Oregon to do their designer bargain hunting.

16-11-2007
V.I.P.

I am so lucky to have a couple of really great TJ Maxx locations around me. I swear, I usually walk out with something. My favorite location has a Runway section and they get stuff from Prada, D&G, and all the high end jean lines. I found a pair of the crystal SFAMK jeans marked down from $100 to $24.

I try to go every week and if I don't get to go I always feel like I've missed snapping up some great deal or something. LOL!

10-12-2007
front row

i purchased 3 pairs of Sass & Bide Frayed Misfits yesterday at my local Marshall's...they were all on the clearance rack for $39 each!

Also saw a few prada pieces ( a gorgeous red skirt and a brown blazer), as well as some Helmut Lang (an oversized sweatshirt and 2 pairs of jeans). Other times I've been, I've seen Ralph Lauren (black label), Miu Miu, iisli, Tara Jarmon, Giorgio Armani and some other high end European brands. I'm surprised that a lot of it ends up in the clearance rack for fantastic prices! But, you really have to dig through every rack very carefully to find the gems.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maxx, tj, tk