How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2011
fashion icon

that moth coat is also 450 GBP!

21-09-2011
backstage pass

I love the paper bag skirts but at £35 that's pretty expensive, the quality looks quite bad :-/

backstage pass

that designer collaboration (which includes moth coat haha!) is horrific. why topshop why?! have you seen the leather bandeau dress with the stripes?!
im loving the cosy looking fishermans jumper by boutique & a good few pairs of boots. payday is going to mean a little trip to topshop for me

22-09-2011
front row

Purchased this today, my first Topshop buy in what seems like ages. Really nice fit and quality. Oh and their sweets are gonna be the death of my teeth...

front row

Has anyone noticed that topshop re-uses the names of their shoes?!
They had a pair of boots last year called 'ambush' that were suede western style boots
and the recent 'allegra' platform chelsea boots were also a pair of really high suede platforms with a thin heel and laces a few years back.
I find it so strange how they do this!!

22-09-2011
rising star

Yeah I recently noticed this too. I guess they just reuse the names.

backstage pass

i got told that they named the shoes after new members of staff in different stores....i think someone was winding me up haha!

23-09-2011
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyJadex View Post
Has anyone noticed that topshop re-uses the names of their shoes?!
They had a pair of boots last year called 'ambush' that were suede western style boots
and the recent 'allegra' platform chelsea boots were also a pair of really high suede platforms with a thin heel and laces a few years back.
I find it so strange how they do this!!
whats even more annoying is when they bring back shoes from past seasons that had previously gone into sale.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
24-09-2011
scenester

I think the naming thing is to do with their rule that each type of shoe must start with a certain letter- for example, the style names of ankle boots all start with A, court shoes all start with S, etc. This was certainly the case when they started their shoe collection, and they don't seem to have changed it since. They obviously run out of names (or can't be bothered to think up new ones) for each letter, so re-use.

26-09-2011
kabhi alvida

I'd been umming and ahhing over Acne Pistols for a while, and then randomly wandered into Topshop and saw the Ambush...so I bought them instead!

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...nts=Colour{1}~[black]^category~[209969|208544]&noOfRefinements=2

V.I.P.

Im so wanting them Im willing to buy a 37 (usually a 38 in boots). ...

26-09-2011
front row

^ mine fit pretty TTS but imo it's worth ordering a pair and seeing anyway, coz you can always return them if they're too small! i looove mine (haha i have them in tan and black when it's really the grey pair i wanted...go figure)

front row

I think I just received THE worst customers service from Topshop.
I recently ordered a boutique jumper for £60 paid for next day delivery. Somehow the parcel got delivered to a completely different address!! No idea how...I don't live there and no one I know lives there.

Rung up topshop customer services about 5 times until someone actually dealt with my problem properly only to be told there is nothing they will do. No refund, no replacement jumper no compensation whatsoever. They advised me to go to the address the parcel was delivered to to try get it back.
I worked out it will cost me over £20 to get to the address! I don't think it's fair that I have been told to do this because it's their mistake!

So that's it no jumper and no compensation.....

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

keep calling until you get someone sane. in fact you might want to record the phone call.

tell them to fax that same information they told you over the phone to your work. and then re-fax it to your credit card company for a chargeback.

i gave up on ordering anything online from topshop due to their poor customer service. my orders kept getting cancelled.

V.I.P.

Hrm, I've yet to have a bad Topshop experience. I prefer it much more than other sites like ASOS (if you live over seas, the duties are INSANE with them ugh)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, topshop