How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2008
windowshopping

Super nice boot Velony! If you wear the upper part up, does it fold over the knee then?

26-10-2008
Empire State of Mind

Thanks, i wish they'd go over the knee but they hit right under it.

27-10-2008
backstage pass

i'm addicted to this shop, but in reality the quality is garbage. especially for the price. h&m is better quality and the clothes are so much cheaper. my uo stuff seems to get something small wrong with it after a couple of wears. but since coming to america i've found that if you're middle class, quality is ****. it's only if you're rich (ie can afford designers) i miss the good quality shopping in australia.

27-10-2008
Empire State of Mind

We just got an UO in my city as well. Checked it out today and it's totally different from the stores in NYC. They even have designers that are pretty expensive like Vivienne Westwood, MM6, Vanessa Bruno, Paul & Joe. They even have more of the higher priced stuff than the reasonably priced items.

27-10-2008
oh! darling

^So what kind of store is UO then? You say that carry Paul & Joe? I've never seen that at the UO location two hours away from where I live.

Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah the British urban outfitters also carry Paul and Joe, Erotokritos, Cacharel, Sonia Rykiel, high end denim, as well as their own brand and mid-priced brands.

27-10-2008
Stitch:the Hand

yeah the american stores,SUCK! the only interesting thing we have is the obesity & speed collection and that's only limited to women. but the british stores sell anglomania and karen walker...

why can that not translate here?

27-10-2008
trendsetter

Some US stores carry a Paul & Joe sister collection. I didn't really find the Obesity & Speed pieces to be all that interesting, actually.

01-11-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by á la Balenciaga View Post
urban outfitters has been getting expensive and i'm not liking any of their new stuff from. They used to carry a lot of cute, unique stuff..what happened?
I completely agree... I remember when everytime I went into UO I saw something I had to have but it just doesn't happen anymore. Also every time I go in there now I see the same stuff new lines are really slow to come in.. is this just my city or is it the same elsewhere? I still can find nice pieces but they're not so special anymore, and the exchange rate they use is so so...

11-11-2008
doldrums

I spotted a red hand bag while browsing urban outfitter's online store. It's cute and I need to brighten up my wardrobe but I'm sure I can get a better deal elsewhere. It's not real leather.

As for the urban outfitters honestly I never shopped there. I passed the store while leaving the bank or grocery shopping. It's trendy and many just eat that up. I have to admit one of the main reasons why I never shopped there is because of the prices it seemed over priced. I also agree there's an urban outfitters look just like there's an American Apparel look. I think the look can be easily avoided unless that's the look you're going for.

11-11-2008
V.I.P.

anyone who's been to the Oxford St store in London lately...have you by any chance seen this?

urbanoutfitters.co.uk

I know it's such a long shot but I really love it! And I don't wanna pay £4 for postage

backstage pass

There's some things I want to order online, but right now I'm playing an elimination game to see how much I really want something buy putting in on my checklist and seeing how I like it during and after a few days. My own version of survivor, haha.

Altho I'm concerned about quality. What is the quality of the Kim Chi clothes? I'm already not going for anything really expensive and have the coupon to do it 25% off so I don't need luxury.

I'm in such a dilemma tho. I've always been such a twiggy, skinny girl, but then all of a sudden I grew a chest out of nowhere and am still quite thin, but I'm 5'6", 110-115 lbs, but with a 34DD chest and its hard to adjust my style to it because everything makes me look pregnant. So with that in mind if I post something as a possibility for me, I need some people to tell me no, that it just won't work. So difficult resisting temptation!

16-11-2008
Not Thinking About Time

I only bye thing on sale from urban because the quality is crap and I will not spend money on something that is not worth it. I did get 2 pairs of 9$ heels on super sale and they are about 20$ quality imo not the 70$ that each pair was originaly. I also got a 4$ mens shirt I love how mens shirts fit they are just a lot more comfortable and if you wear them right they can still be really girly.

Portfolio Last FM
16-11-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
anyone who's been to the Oxford St store in London lately...have you by any chance seen this?

urbanoutfitters.co.uk

I know it's such a long shot but I really love it! And I don't wanna pay £4 for postage
I went two days ago and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there...try giving the store a ring.

16-11-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_boi_01 View Post
I like some stuff UO offers... the shirts and hoodies specifically.

I'm really disappointed with the Toronto store. When I was in Manhattan, the selection was so much better!
I agree i think thats why im just going to use the website :/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban