How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2008
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by la Balenciaga View Post
It just feels like each time I take a trip to that store, the prices just get higher and higher
I don't visit this store very often, but it seems that every time I do the prices have increased dramatically. When I stopped by one of their locations last weekend (the first time I've done so in a few months), I noticed little accessories like headbands being sold for nearly $30. Just a cheap little headband with a feather attached to the top - something you could make by yourself in five minutes for much less!

On another note, their hat selection was cute, very vintage inspired. I was tempted to purchase a cloche hat that was reminiscent of the styles from the late 1920s, but the price was too high (surprise, surprise).

Last edited by seanutbutter; 19-11-2008 at 08:46 PM.

20-11-2008
fashion icon

So much cute stuff for holiday! This just made it to the top of my wishlist:

(uo)

20-11-2008
fashion icon

so I bought these UO jeans last week for a friend. It's been worn one and the metal button fell off. The jeans aren't too small or anything. It's so annoying. Can I go back with it? Do you guys think UO can do anything for me? I still have the receipt but she cut the tags...

Last edited by MissyJG; 20-11-2008 at 08:46 PM.
20-11-2008
fashion icon

As an Urban employee, I know for sure that if you take the jeans back with the receipt they should give you a new pair. The tags aren't such a big deal.

20-11-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellynjane View Post
As an Urban employee, I know for sure that if you take the jeans back with the receipt they should give you a new pair. The tags aren't such a big deal.

thanks! I'll try tomorrow!

21-11-2008
fashion icon

i just bought an amazing winter fred perry jacket last night from my store (im an employee)..just as a warning most of the coats we sell wont keep you that warm if you live in a cold place like nyc

tfs star

That headband in Post #197 is beautiful. I'd imagine that would be atop most femmes' Christmas lists (or just to get right now!). The big sparkly accents are lovely. I have no Urban Outfitters experience. So I'm basically going on what the most recent posts have to offer.

front row

I just found out on the website that they have increased shipping to Canada from $30 to $50. Are they trying to not have international customers?

22-11-2008
front row

That's freaking ridiculous. I've wanted to buy online SO many times because they often have more selection than the Vancouver store.. but the shipping cost turned me off everytime. Horrible.

23-11-2008
V.I.P.

I went to the Blue Water Urban Outfitters and it was better than I ever expected!

23-11-2008
rising star

Hello. I have a question for any Urban employees (or frequent customers) who may view this thread. Are there certain times of the year when Urban has 50% of all clearance? Or is it just random? Thanks.

23-11-2008
fashion icon

I know that we've done those sales in the past, but I think our store might have stopped doing them because people just ignore the regular price merchandise (as they totally should, when everything else is 50% off) and it kills our daily goals/inventory. I'm not sure if other Urban stores are still doing them, though.

23-11-2008
V.I.P.

Those sales happen, but customers don't know unless they happen to be there that weekend. I suspect it usually happens over a holiday weekend or when they are trying to get rid of last season's merchandise. At least, that has been my observation. kellynjane, based on what you said, does that means that these type of sales are up to individual uo stores? or if one uo store has 50% off then i could expect another uo store to have it too?

fashion icon

i heard that the CEO didnt want to do that anymore when he took over a few years ago..so they wont have those sales anymore..apparently my manager told us that they were losing more money since things were so cheap...

rising star

Thank you for all of your responses, I appreciate it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban