How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2008
fashion icon

LoveMyBoots: I'm pretty sure that the days of the "50% off sale price" sales are over. Though they're great for getting rid of merchandise, they were killing the company's sales (like lmelanie said). If you do happen to stumble across one of them, though, I wouldn't hesitate to buy, as it probably won't be going on the next day.

24-11-2008
girl who fell to earth

free shipping on the website now i think... for the time being anyway

27-11-2008
backstage pass

50% off clearance at santa monica store on black friday. 7-9am only.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
Some US stores carry a Paul & Joe sister collection. I didn't really find the Obesity & Speed pieces to be all that interesting, actually.
Both are actually difusion lines created just for UO. Nothing sacred by obesity and speed. Lark & Wolff by Steve Alan. B.100 by B.son. Play by Charlotte Ronson. Grey Antics by Grey Ant. Hawks by Geren Ford. Rendezvous by Paul & Joe Sister. Rapscillion by Samantha Pleet. Bycorpus by well Corpus. There are a couple others. in the end i think we should just carry the namesake collections. Most of the stuff is still pretty expensive. Especially Rendezvous. The european stores have a more boutique feeling to them. I think urban is too big of a chain in America to carry the labels found in Europe. If the items didn't sell, they would be in deep trouble. A year or so ago they tried selling some more expensive stuff online and it tanked.

trendsetter

^ Yeah, I'm aware. They might still be considered expensive, but they're much cheaper than the designers actual lines. Some Geren Ford pieces go up to $400+. Rendezvous is probably most expensive because its the most well-known of the names.

27-11-2008
fashion icon

I agree with june gloom -- there's still a pretty big difference in price point between the diffusion lines and the designers' namesake lines. A Steven Alan dress usually retails for somewhere in the mid-200s, while a Lark & Wolff dress at Urban goes for under $100. With the economy being what it is, I think people still want to get "designer" pieces but aren't willing to shell out hundreds and hundreds of dollars for them. That's why diffusion lines always work -- H&M, Target's Go! International, and even Urban.

27-11-2008
trendsetter

In happier news, employee appreciation is Dec 1-25th.

27-11-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milada View Post

Altho I'm concerned about quality. What is the quality of the Kim Chi clothes? I'm already not going for anything really expensive and have the coupon to do it 25% off so I don't need luxury.
I got a Kimchi and Blue jersey dress last year and the quality wasn't too good unfortunately. It lost its shape and faded after a few washes. Maybe I was just unlucky, though...

07-12-2008
memoirs of a...

So, this BDG tuxedo jacket ($78) was highlighted in a newsletter and promptly sold out in 3 days except in size large. It's pretty, but I didn't get it because of concerns over the material (polyester + rayon).

picture source: UrbanOutfitters.com

08-12-2008
front row

^ I got a similar blazer at H&M for $49.90 Although it was one buttong rather than three. But it had the satin lining and I am in love with it

08-12-2008
scenester

I usually like UO but there prices are pretty high. When I was in Vegas I visited OU and got quite a few things because The prices in dollars where virtually the same in pounds!

trendsetter

I bought the Captain dress in navy a few weeks back because it looked so good online and when I finally got it after being backordered it was literally a cotton sack. I know not to expect a lot from UO quality-wise but this was awful (hee almost typed offal, well same difference). I realized that I return almost everything I buy from there, so I just can't buy anything from UO anymore. That and a pair of jeans just looked so piss poor on me I returned them. It's been a month now without a refund or any acknowledgement of the return.

What's the average wait for a refund after you mailed a return to them?

Last edited by lollicandy; 08-12-2008 at 09:24 PM.
09-12-2008
fashion icon

^ i'm not sure..but if you live near a store its best to return it there...its so much simpler. (i think that's true of most online shopping)

backstage pass

i just bought this dress

credit:urbanoutfitters uk
081208_wgw_image1.jpg

Ina
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
I think they're cute & fun

I have a shirt that says "One by one the yard gnomes steal my sanity" lol ppl look at me weird whenever I wear it
HAHAHAHA that's awesome!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban