How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-12-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
^ i'm not sure..but if you live near a store its best to return it there...its so much simpler. (i think that's true of most online shopping)

Yeah, I try to avoid instore UO its always packed and the lines are long. The last time I went to return a mail order in store, the person that took my return accused me of stealing it I just did what the packing slip said which was to circle the item on the packing slip you were returning. He said it looked "suspicious" and kept asking me when and how I bought it even though he had the receipt and packing slip in his hands! He said returns only have circles like that if they've already been returned or something. I told him I did what the packing slip told me to do and you have it, so why don't you see for yourself if it really says to do that. Totally nuts.

14-12-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
Yeah, I try to avoid instore UO its always packed and the lines are long. The last time I went to return a mail order in store, the person that took my return accused me of stealing it I just did what the packing slip said which was to circle the item on the packing slip you were returning. He said it looked "suspicious" and kept asking me when and how I bought it even though he had the receipt and packing slip in his hands! He said returns only have circles like that if they've already been returned or something. I told him I did what the packing slip told me to do and you have it, so why don't you see for yourself if it really says to do that. Totally nuts.

Ummm, that sounds absolutely terrible!

girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
yikes...

awful that he accused you of stealing.. which is clearly ridiculous (why would you still have the packing slip if you had already returned it?!)...
clearly that guy was an idiot...

but if you ever have to return something again i would still say go do it at the store because Urban will charge 5.95 (or something like that) as a restocking fee or for shipping or whatever if you are sending it back through the mail...
returning stuff at the store you can at least avoid that fee and the money will go right back on your card...
i would recommend just bringing the packing slip with you as a receipt and not writing anything on it..

15-12-2008
trendsetter

the reason he was suspicious was because of the writing on it. when you return it, the salesperson usually looks up the order, circles it, and writes the date of return on it. i had no idea that the packing slip said to do that, but perhaps they changed the rules now that the salesperson doesn't have to call to look up the order, instead they can do it online now. i've had people bring me things that have already been circled because orders have been long, but it sounds like he just overreacted.

16-12-2008
Ina
rising star

if I were you I would ask to speak to the manager and tell him that is is absolutely disrespectful of him to accuse you of stealing and that you will be telling Corporate about it too. honestly, it's the only way sales associates learn these days...

16-12-2008
fashion icon

I know that at my store, at least, the guy probably would have been terminated. Urban as a company is usually unbelievably careful about "customer service" and making the person feel at home. I definitely would have asked to speak to a manager about the situation, but I can also sort of assure you that situations like that in which you'd be accused of committing return fraud are incredibly rare.

I just don't want anyone to read that and be deterred from returning something they bought online to a store. That method is definitely faster and safer than returning it to the online vendor.

18-12-2008
rising star

Is there anyone who wants to order these tights for me at UO? I don't have a CC.
Ofcourse I'll compensate all costs (price, shipping, packing, a little extra, etc.) I really hope so! I'm in love with them!

source: urbanoutfitters.com

Last edited by Glitch; 18-12-2008 at 01:29 PM.
18-12-2008
front row

I can't wait to try on this jacket in store today!

urbanoutfitters.com

20-12-2008
tfs star

was in there today, everything was really cheap, but it was so picked over

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Is there anyone who wants to order these tights for me at UO? I don't have a CC.
Ofcourse I'll compensate all costs (price, shipping, packing, a little extra, etc.) I really hope so! I'm in love with them!

source: urbanoutfitters.com
Fabulous. They are like knockoffs the Chanel ones, right?

21-12-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
Fabulous. They are like knockoffs the Chanel ones, right?
Yes, I wanted (still do) the Chanel ones, but they're a little to expensive for just tights haha. So I saw a cheaper alternative at UO.

22-12-2008
rising star

Bought this skirt today.. not totally sure if it was worth my Ä40.. but I had been eyeing it for ages and it never went on sale... its really soft and fitted, but not high waisted
from urbanoutfitters.co.uk

25-12-2008
front row

That sounds really awful, lollicandy. UO recently stopped charging for exchange & return by mail so you don't have to go to their store to return things anymore!

Glitch, I strongly suggest you NOT to buy those tights. It's made of poor quality and it fits awkwardly. The sheer side was about to unravel and the opaque side fit baggy around my calves so I returned them. Don't go through trouble ordering them internationally and all that. You'll probably be disappointed if you get them.

Last edited by butterfly; 25-12-2008 at 12:24 AM.
26-12-2008
Brooklyn, baby!

^ I bought them and have worn them once, but I can't say I'm 100% happy with them. The sheer side gets really loose and baggy since there's no stretch to it.

27-12-2008
fashion icon

i have both the lace and the basic ones..i like them for what they are..but unfortunately no other retailer has come out with a better version....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban