How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrity View Post
Does anyone know if they have this dress in the Toronto, Canada store?

^ it's called the "Silence & Noise Bowtie Dress"
i was just there yesterday and i didn't see it. i could have just missed it though, but i was in there for a while lol

18-03-2009
windowshopping

i washed one top and it shrinked

so now i have other new shirts and scared of washing them...

ugh they won't shrink right?????? any experiences?? I'm scared to wash them until i get an answer that they don't shrink

18-03-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrity View Post
Does anyone know if they have this dress in the Toronto, Canada store?

credit: urbanoutfitters.com

^ it's called the "Silence & Noise Bowtie Dress"

alacrity - i was in the queen street and yonge street stores and neither had the dress. could be it's either sold out, or receives stock a few weeks behind the website. i'll let you know if i ever come across it!

Last edited by ChrissyM; 22-03-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: please do not quote photos
21-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjkim2000 View Post
i washed one top and it shrinked

so now i have other new shirts and scared of washing them...

ugh they won't shrink right?????? any experiences?? I'm scared to wash them until i get an answer that they don't shrink
I would suggest handwashing and hang drying.

girl who fell to earth

Use the code BFF at checkout to get 10% off your purchase online until 3/30

28-03-2009
turn and face the strange

^thank you!! I was just about to make an order.. good thing I came to this thread

15-04-2009
windowshopping

the bow dress went on sale in the store's a couple of weeks ago, we sold out immediately

and on washing/drying ... think of the fabric and what it's care would be, t-shirts are going to normally shrink, but a heavy knit/jersey might just need a good hang dry

16-04-2009
fashion icon

can anyone tell me why US UO and Europe UO are different? Why do they sell different things? US UO is better IMO.

Last edited by MissyJG; 16-04-2009 at 01:22 PM.
16-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG View Post
can anyone tell me why US UO and Europe UO are different? Why do they sell different things?
It might have something to so with clientele. Americans have a different style, therefore they buy different clothes than Europeans.

16-04-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole-marie View Post
It might have something to so with clientele. Americans have a different style, therefore they buy different clothes than Europeans.
Yeah I was thinking the same but still... UO is UO just like H&M is selling the same stuff everywhere.. ugh. US UO is so much better..

20-04-2009
girl who fell to earth

^^well... you can't really compare h&m to UO because everything h&m sells is it's own brand of clothing that it produces... so it makes sense that those clothes would be the same everywhere..

whereas UO sells clothes from lots of different brands (some of them they produce themselves) but none of the labels in the clothes actually read Urban Outfitters as the brand..
makes sense that they would sell different things imo..
the US branches would be buying more from US producers while the European stores probably rely a bit more on brands from over there i would imagine...

25-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole-marie View Post
I don't think it's really a matter of different styles. I think UO in America knows that the niche they've created here is a more moderate customer, whereas the customer in Europe is willing to pay more. Hence instead of us carrying loads of more expensive, independent designers, we went directly to them and made exclusive contracts producing secondry, less expensive collections. If I lived in Europe I wouldn't be able to afford to shop at that Urban Outfitters. Most of the target customer in America is already paying a premium when making a purchase from our stores.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
^^well... you can't really compare h&m to UO because everything h&m sells is it's own brand of clothing that it produces... so it makes sense that those clothes would be the same everywhere..

whereas UO sells clothes from lots of different brands (some of them they produce themselves) but none of the labels in the clothes actually read Urban Outfitters as the brand..
makes sense that they would sell different things imo..
the US branches would be buying more from US producers while the European stores probably rely a bit more on brands from over there i would imagine...
yeah I totally forgot that for a sec..

24-06-2009
trendsetter

Since when does standard shipping for one item at UO cost 10 bucks? Are they trying to make up for all those free shpping promotions they have throughout the year or something?

26-06-2009
backstage pass

they go by price point. up to 50 dollars it's 6 i believe. then 50 to 150 the 10 dollars.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban