How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2004
backstage pass

Yeah, there is a post about Graphic tees in Trendspotting

I love my shirt from Urban Outfitters that says "Ciao Roma" because it reminds me of an Eddie Izzard sketch

20-02-2004
scenester

some of them are cool, id steer clear of the JESUS IS MY HOMEBOY one, if i see another person with that on im gonna lose it

dl

20-02-2004
backstage pass

I had that damn shirt 1 YEAR ago or so i wore it too school and everyone was like what a loser why would you wear something like that? Then this year everyone that said that has one and are like oh its soo cool.

grr

20-02-2004
scenester

Urban outfitter shirts are the best..I remember seeing Jessica Simpson wearing the first shirt on an episode of Newlyweds..

20-02-2004
rising star

Im so sick of t-shirts with dumb saying - either say something meaningful or dont say anything at all. The best is having a shirt which is offensive to most but cool to a few people. Who wants to be a robot in mass produced cheese?

20-02-2004
backstage pass

offensive shirts to me seem tacky, are you that desperate for attention.

20-02-2004
rising star

What does all fashion say? Its all saying look at me I am wearing something to make you notice me - so if you dont like things that get attention wear a cloak or sack and stay home.

21-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by micouture@Feb 20th, 2004 - 11:57 pm
What does all fashion say? Its all saying look at me I am wearing something to make you notice me - so if you dont like things that get attention wear a cloak or sack and stay home.
Ever heard of positive attention?

21-02-2004
rising star

Positive and negative is all subjective - I would be attracted to a person with a shirt saying "**** you" - I would think wow that person has balls and thats pretty cool. Maybe its just me but I have always been super rebelious and anti authority. I speed on a regular basis and have a general dislike for police and etc. If everyone felt the way I did the world would turn to mass chaos.

21-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by micouture@Feb 20th, 2004 - 11:57 pm
It's the same thing as wearing something with a huge label smeared across it... Gaining attention by wearing something offensive is defintely not postive and something that I want.

21-02-2004
bee
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by micouture@Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:57 am

21-02-2004
rising star

You could say the same thing about wearing a red dress - it may be offensive to some people - I hear bulls dont like people in red. Jesus is my homeboy is offensive - since I think jesus does not exist and it offends me that someone would put a picture of a fictional charachter on thier shirt and glorify them as some sort of pop icon. All smart people know Jesus died a long time ago.

My new shirt:

Jesus is Dead

21-02-2004
bee
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by micouture@Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:49 am
Im so sick of t-shirts with dumb saying - either say something meaningful or dont say anything at all. The best is having a shirt which is offensive to most but cool to a few people. Who wants to be a robot in mass produced cheese?
i dont see anything wrong with a t shirt with a silly message. if you like it, wear it. dont worry about everyone else having the same thing.

21-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by micouture@Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:14 am
You could say the same thing about wearing a red dress - it may be offensive to some people - I hear bulls dont like people in red. Jesus is my homeboy is offensive - since I think jesus does not exist and it offends me that someone would put a picture of a fictional charachter on thier shirt and glorify them as some sort of pop icon. All smart people know Jesus died a long time ago.

My new shirt:

Jesus is Dead
You really like provoking people don't you? I hate to say it, but you're becoming predictable.

21-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:23 am
I hate to say it, but you're becoming predictable.
I agree....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban