How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher31+Feb 20th, 2004 - 10:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Christopher31 @ Feb 20th, 2004 - 10:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-micouture@Feb 20th, 2004 - 11:57 pm
What does all fashion say? Its all saying look at me I am wearing something to make you notice me - so if you dont like things that get attention wear a cloak or sack and stay home.
It's the same thing as wearing something with a huge label smeared across it... Gaining attention by wearing something offensive is defintely not postive and something that I want. [/b][/quote]

Offensiveness can be quite positive, you ahve to look at what is ofensive and why. Do you think its right that people find homosexuality ofensive? i do, if you put images of this kind of thing up it will break down peoples little buble worlds.

I dount think its admirable to have the intention of shocking for no reason other than attention, that i find wrong.

but then again im just a rebelious punk kid

20-02-2004
V.I.P.

I would also like to add taht when peopel are all wearing teh same kind of t shirt trying to fit into a marketed rebelion or marketed individuality is compleately sickening to me.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:28 am
I dount think its admirable to have the intention of shocking for no reason other than attention, that i find wrong.
Agreed, I find that just pathetic.

20-02-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 21st, 2004 - 12:28 am

Offensiveness can be quite positive, you ahve to look at what is ofensive and why. Do you think its right that people find homosexuality ofensive? i do, if you put images of this kind of thing up it will break down peoples little buble worlds.

but then again im just a rebelious punk kid
I'm all for it if it has the intention of something meaningful.

20-02-2004
rising star

Well the concept of writing words on a shirt having some profound meaning is absurd .. language was created to seperate and define everything putting us all into smaller categories, if someone reads a word and is angered by it they are a mornon because the word has no meaning unless you place some meaning on it. I am not afraid of language and I will use it anyway I see fit weather someone likes it or not ...my definition may be different than yours but thats what make sthe world so great ...wahts worse than everyone wearing the same outfit?

20-02-2004
rising star

Lets talk about intent - what intent is really valuable - and who is to say some intent is more genuine than another - intent is not as important as the effect - my intent may be to piss of my mother but in return I may influenece someone to question words and meanings themselves - so what is more important the intent or the effect?

20-02-2004
V.I.P.

Just to remind you, this thread is about Urban Outfitter t-shirts.

20-02-2004
rising star

Ok in that case I hate urban outfiters t-shirts - including the ones above

21-02-2004
bee
front row

micouture, you exhaust me

21-02-2004
rising star

ok - so take a nap :grrr:

21-02-2004
V.I.P.

i like how random urban tshirts are...random that everyone has. gag.

21-02-2004
V.I.P.

yeah, i'm not into those either..since everyone pretty much has them. though i loved the shirt purple posted, with the eiffel tower...

V.I.P.

Grease!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinklady.jpg (19.4 KB, 0 views)

25-02-2004
V.I.P.

This shirt is also available on the retrorebels.co.uk/ website, which was where I originally found it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinkladieste.jpg (7.0 KB, 0 views)

22-08-2007
fashion icon

Urban Outfitters
I have noticed that over the past year or so that I have been on the board that there has been a lot of slack thrown at Urban Outfitters. I have just started working there this week so I was just curious what the problem is with the store?

I have shopped there for the better part of 10 years for a few things and I have absolutely no complaints with the quality. Nothing has ever fallen apart on me. It seems to me that H&M is much worse when it comes to the quality issue. Is it just that the store is everywhere? Because people still seem to shop there as well as H&M and American Apparel...

I know that they do tend to "copy" trends but so do a lot of other stores like forever 21 but why so much hate towards Urban?

I really like the store and I pick and choose what to buy there like everywhere else but I was just curious...

thanks!:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban