How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shop Till You Drop
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2007
the crying of humanity

My only complaint is that the clothes look too trendy, or rather the store seems to try too hard to be trendy. I own only one item from the store, a tan imitation leather school bag, which I find to be decent quality. The price was decent, too: $15 on sale.

22-08-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
My only complaint is that the clothes look too trendy, or rather the store seems to try too hard to be trendy. I own only one item from the store, a tan imitation leather school bag, which I find to be decent quality. The price was decent, too: $15 on sale.
yeah, i understand the trend factor..its just that there are so many other stores that are trendy as well..so why does urban get the blame? even though im sure half the people complaining about it still manage to shop there..

backstage pass

i heard that they had to stop selling keffiyah's coz of people's complaint that it shouldnt be worn as a fashion statement as it is originally worn as a political statement.

23-08-2007
V.I.P.

I think that Urban Outfitters is actually quite a great store... It's a bit like Cheap Monday, really. The quality is good and quite durable... and just like any other store (Zara, H&M, Mango etc.), it tries to be trendy.
That's what sells to people at the end of the day.

V.I.P.

my city is finally getting one with the liverpool one project .. we've waited long enough for one and i dont care what others think im gonna make the most of it ive waited long enough

23-08-2007
catch me if you can

I don't mind Urban at all...its just a bit messy everytime I visit the store. I actually purchased 2 tops from there last week, and the quality was pretty good.

God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocodolce View Post
i heard that they had to stop selling keffiyah's coz of people's complaint that it shouldnt be worn as a fashion statement as it is originally worn as a political statement.
they still have them.

personally, my general distaste for Urban Outfitters has to do with the owner of the companies political leanings, but we really can't go into that here. I also just don't like the "style" of the clothes they sell. I hate scene style, and thats basically what they pander to

23-08-2007
trendsetter

I've heard a lot of bad things about the CEO of UO..I'd like to know what that's all about.

Anyway,
i love UO, i just went there today and bought a schoolbag/wristlet/and other things. I like stuff from their "Urban Renewal" collection.

23-08-2007
fashion elite

i like UO, if you search a bit you can find good stuff and online theyve got good sales.. plus i looove my new backpack from there..
i can understand why some people woulddnot like it, cause they do overprice some things, but really, its all about what your buying.

my own pickture.

23-08-2007
backstage pass

Urbanoutfitters to a "lower-end" version of colette.

Their clothes are for teenagers in my opinion.I work there 1 day a week (sunday) and still get 40% off all apparel, so I wind up purchasing only basics there.

rising star

I guess my biggest problem with UO is that I just don't get it, y'know. It's just terribly over-hyped, overly trendy clothing for teen girls (the men's stuff is just embarrassing), they just target girls who are a little left of centre, style wise, instead of the usual American Eagle whatever mall clones. It's just as slavish and unoriginal, but sold under the pretense of autonomous sartorial expression.

And who the hell can shop in those stores? With the dirty carpet and sliver ridden plywood and that whole grotty faux vintage store vibe. They always look a mess.

24-08-2007
windowshopping

The only thing I can see myself buying at Urban soon are these,

But only because for some reason I can't find wide neck tees for guys anywhere else.

I don't hate Urban, I just can't find anything I like there. And if I wanted some hipster t-shirt with a funny design on it I could get it for $10 at H&M instead of $28 at Urban tbh.

But that's just me.

But I do love the Cheap Mondays there.

24-08-2007
backstage pass

Maybe it's different in Europe...but I've noticed that they never change their stuff...everytime I go there (like every 2 months) there are always the same tunics, tennis-sneakers, nu-rave dresses and silvery leggings...

I love their book-departement though...

24-08-2007
fashion elite

oh give me a break.

its a HELL of a lot better than abercrombie...

24-08-2007
fashion elite

ya they do overprice things.. i could go to h&m and get the same ting for 10x cheaper.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
outfitters, urban